Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Control Arm Bushing Kit!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-05, 06:11 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Control Arm Bushing Kit!!!!

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let ya'll know. That i just ordered the Daizen control arm bushing kit!!! IM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! YES!!

-Kenji
Old 10-03-05, 11:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats kenji, sorry i probably replied your pm a bit late

hopefully you will get them soon and get them installed!
Old 10-03-05, 11:39 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default i bought them too

Good luck with the Daizen bushings. Henry had an AWESOME experience with his.

I have the daizen bushing set on my table at home but between ordering them and receiving them i slapped on some TRD 18" rims with new tires and suddenly my car has ZERO morning vibration and everything rides fine.

i'm debating on having them installed now since the car seems fine. I dunno what happened but maybe my original oem 17"s were bent or had the wrong air pressure in them.

Henry- your thoughts?
Old 10-04-05, 12:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well like the old sayings, if something ain't broken, don't touch them. so if the original bushings aren't worn or even torn, personally i don't think you should worry about putting them in yet. yes, arguably with the new bushings the car might ride better still, however the labor cost is just high. so i would just wait for the original ones to wear out and then put these on once and for all

read, that's ONLY my personally take on this

oh and add ed (lexforlife) to the bushings feedback list too now
Old 10-04-05, 04:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hers another perspective.. when you jack up the car and remount new wheels and drive after most times shimmy and vibrations are gone but 99% of the time its only temp.. i have read so many posts about this which i myself have incurred .. people would state that after alignment , balance etc 2-3 even 4 weeks after the dang shimmys are back.. well my postion on this is when jacking up you relieve some stresses on those bushings and basically allow the cator to return to its postion however , when the weight is or load is returned to those areas your casstor setting while driving and as susp re settles it throws off your susp geometry.. imagine your whole susp assembly or wheel moving a deg or so back and forth .. imagine what thats doing to your tires and with out z rated soft compound tires it east them up.. it creates ridges and valleys on the tires that can be clearly felt while running your palm over the tread of your tires.. so your are driving along , road surface changes and here come the shimmy/vibrations out of no where , you speed up to say 65-70 and all is good again then here it comes again then disappears.. well folks thats not balancing issues nor alignment persay.. its you susp moving around with to much give so sai angles keep changing and total castor keeps changing so that great alignment out of the shop is no longer accurate.. the bushings will stop that period..

my suggestion to you bro , at the very elast get the castor arm done and the upper a arms done and you will be like henry and myself as you drive just from ear to ear
Old 10-04-05, 11:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

nice thinking there ed, could very well be the case. that's why when i got my bushings in i tried to stay quiet for couple of weeks and let the driving do the test and give me the "right" feedback
Old 10-04-05, 05:05 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
i'm debating on having them installed now since the car seems fine. I dunno what happened but maybe my original oem 17"s were bent or had the wrong air pressure in them.
The oem 17's are just lousy wheels. It wasn't your fault, and you're not alone.
Old 10-07-05, 08:01 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

how much does it cost to change these bushings?
Old 10-07-05, 08:21 AM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

rominl: I ordered a set as well, going to have TM install them with my L-tuned s/s. Haven't inspected the condition of the stock bushings, but with 90,000 miles I would assume they are ready, right?! It would sure be nice to eliminate the constant alignments needed to reduce inner tire wear, the shakes at 60mph, and the car tring to follow every crack in the road when braking!

Fingers crossed!
Old 10-07-05, 09:26 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

I found this thread on the sc bushing replacement. Are the sc bushings designed the same as the gs? or does the gs require a press with no exceptions.

Old 10-07-05, 10:10 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by vicestan
I found this thread on the sc bushing replacement. Are the sc bushings designed the same as the gs? or does the gs require a press with no exceptions.

bro the removal of the sc stuff is different then removing these bushings .. see my pic the entire metal sleeve has to be removed period.. its time consuming and not easy at all.. i have done 3 so far and i know how to do it

check the pic of the bushing removed with sleeve in one piece then you need to press in the new ones and only a hydraulic press will do it

Old 10-07-05, 10:17 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

so... ne1 with a dollar figure on labor?
Old 10-07-05, 10:22 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
so... ne1 with a dollar figure on labor?

are you asking me how much to do the swap..

right now its appears 90% sure i will take this on .. right now my mind is preoccupied with this weekend for my buddies and i are going out to nopi in tampa (bradenton speedway) to run our recently finished supercharged 650hp 04 zo6 vette at the track against some of our sc turbo guys

by early next week i should answer all who inquired .. i have a spare set of castor arms and a spare set of lower control arms so the price would include doing both..

if you guys can give me until early next week i will reply to all
Old 10-07-05, 10:41 AM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexforlife
are you asking me how much to do the swap..

right now its appears 90% sure i will take this on .. right now my mind is preoccupied with this weekend for my buddies and i are going out to nopi in tampa (bradenton speedway) to run our recently finished supercharged 650hp 04 zo6 vette at the track against some of our sc turbo guys

by early next week i should answer all who inquired .. i have a spare set of castor arms and a spare set of lower control arms so the price would include doing both..

if you guys can give me until early next week i will reply to all

Definitely keep us posted on the swap program if you decide to fly with it.
Old 10-07-05, 10:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
how much does it cost to change these bushings?
i wouldn't be surprised if installation is around 500 bucks. it's a lot of time and effort

Quick Reply: Daizen Control Arm Bushing Kit!!!!