Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

need tighter suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-05 | 07:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Guys back on track with this thread please. Either respond with some constructive comments (and how about some links if you are going to simply tell someone to search, along with the keywords you used to find them )

Edit - start with these

http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html#028

and try our CL sponsor vendors for different options. For example
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...id=25&cat_id=7
http://www.luxurymods.com/ProductLis...ID=14&fid=1019
http://www.tmengineering.net/suspension/index.html

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-11-05 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-11-05 | 08:13 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 95 Integra
search ****
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...earchid=307048

255 threads on sway bars. Do you want me to read them to you too?
Old 10-11-05 | 10:03 PM
imprtLEXUS
Rookie

Default thankyou dave

thanks finally somebody helped me out, look if i read a post and i dont like it or dont have anyway of helping the person i either keep it moving to a new post or try and figure out how i can help the person with there problem.

and yes our cars are 94s 95s 93s so yes we all know there are thousands of post on every little topic but thats what a forum is for post and hope you can get a decent reply, not "search"
Old 10-12-05 | 06:20 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by imprtLEXUS
thanks finally somebody helped me out, look if i read a post and i dont like it or dont have anyway of helping the person i either keep it moving to a new post or try and figure out how i can help the person with there problem.

and yes our cars are 94s 95s 93s so yes we all know there are thousands of post on every little topic but thats what a forum is for post and hope you can get a decent reply, not "search"

I swear, I think I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of CL!
No respect!!!

I posted this on the previous page.

Everybody needs to calm down or this thread will be locked up tighter than Jessica Simpson's before she got married!!

Imprt, to answer your question.....we have quite a few vendors here on CL that have the parts you are looking for. TMEngineering, Carson Lexus, and I believe LuxuryMods also. Check the vendor section from the CL home page, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.
Old 10-27-05 | 09:22 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
First off, you asked for tie bars, i suggested bushings and sway bars with better shocks.

Second, like you said you do not know what I have built before nor what certifications I have. I'm glad you and your crew have done all that. The reality of it is many people gave good answers including myself without the need for the play by play.

I do appologize, but there is no need for talk of street racing of any form other than the specified forums, which people like me stay away from. Anything of that sort drives me insane because I have seen too many people get severely hurt from stupid actions such as that. Yes I know it still happens and probably always will but is not needed in answering the question "where to find strut braces and sway bars". This is the reason why I became offensive. Childish?....sure, but at the same time in all legality and for the safety of other car enthusiests or people in general, do what you want but dont talk about it, it reflects the tuning community in a very negative way. There are other ways of getting your question answered.

Marshall
Well, at least you've calmed down and stop criticizing people. I agree that there're many stupid actions are taken on the street but it doesn't mean you are better than anyone to judge people. But I do respect that you have your own point of view to see things differently from other people, which I don't "Judge Right or Wrong". I don't know what you've built on Honda motors and how much you knew about them to give a strong statement such as "ridiculed and frown...", but the fact is Honda motors are still very reputable in both original condition and modified condition. I'm a Honda motor builder, and learning toward Lexus as my SC400. And I do appreciate both of them.

I agree that the guy whom mentioned his race shouldn't bring that incident out, but it's not what he totally meant. He used that as an example causing his suspension to be unstable. Well, if that annoys you, and so do I with your thread. Criticizing people doesn't relate to this thread either. I'm not offended with your critic, and so are you not? Be cool. It's just a discussion.
Old 10-27-05 | 10:28 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

First off, this thread is two weeks old and has been resolved no need to bring it back up. But since you did get a couple of things straight. i was not the first to comment on this guys unnecessary explanation Third post from the actual message:
Originally Posted by mkorsu
I think the simple answer here is stop weaving in and out of traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, others have also commented on no need for him to be driving like that. The criticism is not for a personal vedetta, it is for public safety. Its a fact that people who race like that, driving wrecklessly on public roads can and do injur innocent people when they lose control. Next, yes I come from a very rich background in both the Honda and Toyota communities and own one of each, a turbod del sol vtec and a 5 speed SC300. Hell my two best friends work at Honda in Marrysville Ohio and at Lexus of Columbus.

My bias isnt against him or hondas, its against no need for useless vague information that does not even create a basis for an accurate response, which I already stated. He could have simply said " at moderate speeds my suspension feels loose, what can I get to fix this and where can I buy it" would have expedited his search. Call me an ***, but in all reality you are criticizing me and trying to hide it by how you are defensive in the way you posted which isnt necessary either since this has been resolved. Along with this, I see not one reason for your post other than to create problems, I stopped commenting half way through the post so dont start singling people out and reread before you decide to call me out. The guy got what he needed (even though neither grammar nor english were at all evident in his posts) end of story.

Mods I appologize for the rebuttal, but since I solely was singled out for my post I wanted to back my comments explaining how to receive good feedback for questions without un-needed play-by-play, I believe I make a good contribution to the website but there is no need for rekindling past conflict after resolution. Please lock this thread
Old 10-27-05 | 10:52 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Why? So you can have the last word?

<oops!> Too late.
Old 10-27-05 | 11:11 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

no its just that the guy makes a lot of bs posts and this is another one just to create conflict from a dead topic. i mean come on in one of them he was trying to convince people his sc400 beat a zo6 and a ninja in a race at 140mph at noon on the 405. and then in a previous post he lost to a scion tc, adds up doesnt it....
Old 10-27-05 | 11:14 PM
imprtLEXUS
Rookie

Exclamation play by play for those that like stories

well i was "racing again last" see a trend here, anyway i havent made any adjustments since the first post but i wanna thank those that gave me useful information because I decided to buy a set of Supra tt sways F&R for now and install those test the difference and then sell them and get an aftermarket upgrade. I purchased the sway bars and i plan on changing the bushings(if anyone knows a good site to order these i would appreciate the advice or recommendations, based on knowledge, your own searches, or experience) and finally i believe i need the supra endlinks for the rear, i searched and it seems like one guy used eclipse endlinks and another guy said i could use stock endlinks but i read a few post that said i definetely need to change them, i also found a step by step guide to do the install but i can't find it anymore , (if anyone knows the post or site i am refering to i wud appreciate the link, also if anyone knows a good site where i can get endlinks, or has a set for sale please pm me)
Old 10-27-05 | 11:21 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

i hope that you and i are cool imprtLEXUS i was just trying to make a point. about the racing. for bushings check out buying some new supra lower controll arms from one of the sponsors (carson). it will keep comfort up but will fix the problem quickly and has all the bushings in place. you can use the supra endlinks, im almost positive. I think you can get some upgraded ones from suspension techniques if your looking to go that route.
Old 10-27-05 | 11:53 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

First off, this thread is two weeks old and has been resolved no need to bring it back up. But since you did get a couple of things straight. i was not the first to comment on this guys unnecessary explanation Third post from the actual message:
Originally Posted by mkorsu
I think the simple answer here is stop weaving in and out of traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, others have also commented on no need for him to be driving like that. The criticism is not for a personal vedetta, it is for public safety. Its a fact that people who race like that, driving wrecklessly on public roads can and do injur innocent people when they lose control. Next, yes I come from a very rich background in both the Honda and Toyota communities and own one of each, a turbod del sol vtec and a 5 speed SC300. Hell my two best friends work at Honda in Marrysville Ohio and at Lexus of Columbus.

My bias isnt against him or hondas, its against no need for useless vague information that does not even create a basis for an accurate response, which I already stated. He could have simply said " at moderate speeds my suspension feels loose, what can I get to fix this and where can I buy it" would have expedited his search. Call me an ***, but in all reality you are criticizing me and trying to hide it by how you are defensive in the way you posted which isnt necessary either since this has been resolved. Along with this, I see not one reason for your post other than to create problems, I stopped commenting half way through the post so dont start singling people out and reread before you decide to call me out. The guy got what he needed (even though neither grammar nor english were at all evident in his posts) end of story.

Mods I appologize for the rebuttal, but since I solely was singled out for my post I wanted to back my comments explaining how to receive good feedback for questions without un-needed play-by-play, I believe I make a good contribution to the website but there is no need for rekindling past conflict after resolution. Please lock this thread
Hey, I like you! You're just as cool as anybody else. Agreed! Being offensive or defensive is just truly a matter of perception. To my conclusion: many Lexus drivers joined this forum to find out more ways to tweak out the bests from his/her cars. That's why there're sections such as Forced Induction, Suspension, Brake...etc. And most of these are regarded as how to make the cars faster, more stable, and safer during fast speed. And if none of these are true, then sticking with stock cars is the best. There's really no need for these forum sections. Also, a Toyota Echo would do the job well. Cheers!
Old 10-28-05 | 12:08 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

these forums arent necessarily set up for modding the car to the max, they are also for making repairs to stock cars and finding how to in the specific sections (ie the subsections in each group) but with motors and drivetrain also comes the groups that do modify and they also can take advantage of the same space for ease of use. I know plenty of people on these boards that dream of swaps, crazy setups. etc but the reality for them is that they find a set of wheels and a cd player practical. This way everyone can share common knowledge that applies to any question regaurding lexus'.

I only responded to your post is because you specifically called me out of the group who agreed that racing on public roads (ie swerving in and out of traffic) was completely not needed. bringing up an old dispute and reevaluating it is not necessary. I could bring back your post of you beating a zo6 and a ninja in a race with your sc400 and comment but i didnt.
Old 10-28-05 | 01:30 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

these forums arent necessarily set up for modding the car to the max, they are also for making repairs to stock cars and finding how to in the specific sections (ie the subsections in each group) but with motors and drivetrain also comes the groups that do modify and they also can take advantage of the same space for ease of use. I know plenty of people on these boards that dream of swaps, crazy setups. etc but the reality for them is that they find a set of wheels and a cd player practical. This way everyone can share common knowledge that applies to any question regaurding lexus'.

I only responded to your post is because you specifically called me out of the group who agreed that racing on public roads (ie swerving in and out of traffic) was completely not needed. bringing up an old dispute and reevaluating it is not necessary. I could bring back your post of you beating a zo6 and a ninja in a race with your sc400 and comment but i didnt.
Heh..heh...heh. Again, believing or being offensive/defensive is just another perception!!! You said you didn't want to bring out...But you just did. Well, being self-counter-attacked on your own statement seems to be a pity to me. I didn't have to B.S on those threads. To me, it's a waste of time. I totally don't find fun in lying. It's just that you don't carefully try to understand the incidents and the threads as when you carefully drive on the road...There's no man that can claim he's the winner of all times; and his winning doesn't mean he's totally capable of winning. There's always a few factors to winning or losing.
Old 10-28-05 | 02:09 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Geez kids for the sake of yourself and the public please keep racing off the streets.

Tokico Blues and Espelir ASD will not give you a car that can take on high speeds really because as someone has stated the Tokicos are too soft and Espelir ASD spring rates weren't designed for agressive driving in mind (the spring rates are about 7.0kg/mm from and 4.0kg/mm rear), I'd suggest either a full strut/spring or adjustable coilover kit with a set of swaybars, I reckon that's all you really need.
Old 10-28-05 | 04:21 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Soarer: thank you so im not the only one again

i stated the blues are too soft. i think even by getting just new shocks it will drastically change the handling performance, but a set of sway bars will definately make a huge difference. Try the Daizen sways and let us know if that fixes your suspension issues

stevechumo: your right you did catch me in my own statement. But i just dont see how even a 400cc motorcycle could lose to a lexus in traffic. last i checked a 4.5lb/hp 5'x1.5' vehicle could outrun most things on the road in or out of traffic but i guess i am wrong. Im done with the back and forth, clearly i must know nothing and should remove myself and my posts from existense

Last edited by vipsoarer; 10-28-05 at 06:59 AM.

Quick Reply: need tighter suspension