Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

need tighter suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-05, 08:39 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

^ All good man. There's only one place to race, and it will really show who's the fastest with no BS involved... most people call it a race track or a drag strip Just reading over this thread I can understand others' points of view but (imho) there's a fine line between spirited driving and street racing.

now for the constructive stuff (keep the thread alive here people!).

I reckon a set of swaybars would make quite a difference on these cars. And as I stated above the Espelirs are way too soft (and are too low) for any real performance driving, it is much more suited to a street-only set up. Personally I would never lower my car again on Espelirs, not because they're bad but because it was just too damn low for normal driving. While you're at it you might as well replace (at least inspect) the stock bushes and replace them with either VFT or Daizen bushes (depending if you want a stock-type ride or a more agressive riding car).

For coilover/springs I'd probably be looking at between 12.0kg/mm front and 8.0kg/mm rates to make the ride firmer so it feels less floaty, either in the form of adjustable coilovers or perfectly matched struts to go with the springs (I don't really know who really matches them up perfectly unless you get them specifically made from companies such as Whiteline.

Upgraded swaybars are a must for better handling, at least for the rear. You can get Japanese made ones or find someone in the USA to custom fabricate one for you. This is most likely gonna be one of the first stages of suspension tuning for me because these cars (well mine) feels really floaty when taking a corner at anything faster than city speeds. There are quite a few people that track their Soarers here in Australia and they swear by their upgraded sways.

For the parts try the CL vendors, they'll look after you.

Jose
Old 10-28-05, 03:09 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
Soarer: thank you so im not the only one again

i stated the blues are too soft. i think even by getting just new shocks it will drastically change the handling performance, but a set of sway bars will definately make a huge difference. Try the Daizen sways and let us know if that fixes your suspension issues

stevechumo: your right you did catch me in my own statement. But i just dont see how even a 400cc motorcycle could lose to a lexus in traffic. last i checked a 4.5lb/hp 5'x1.5' vehicle could outrun most things on the road in or out of traffic but i guess i am wrong. Im done with the back and forth, clearly i must know nothing and should remove myself and my posts from existense
That's it. No more discussion of racing in this thread. However, I'll send you a private message regarding to it.