Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

need tighter suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 11:02 AM
imprtLEXUS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need tighter suspension

Aight i was racing a honda hatch modded out, a camaro, and a mustang coming from the atlantic city hot import nights, now im smoking the hatch and im up around lets say redline of fourth,and the mustang is weavin thru traffic now I hate loosing, I HATE LOOOOOOOSING but when i went to switch lanes with him my suspension felt really loose on me i had to back off, DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE MY PROBLEM HERE, i hope so , and this is with my espelir ASDs and tokico blues, now i am looking thru the forums at suspension mods and i know the gas tank is up top in the rear so i am not gonna worry about that but i need to tie the bottom up , i want a front and rear tie bar setup i see talks of a toms and a trd but I am all over the internet and can't find either, someone please help me give me a link or a site or some information on my options and where i can find them.
Old 10-06-05, 11:41 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

time for u to go coils and RSB
Old 10-06-05, 02:15 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the simple answer here is stop weaving in and out of traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-05, 02:39 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

Originally Posted by mkorsu
I think the simple answer here is stop weaving in and out of traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i second this notion... also, upgrade to full coilover set up as well
Old 10-06-05, 03:29 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with that there is no need to weave but to fix that, check your bushings for one, second off tokico blues are too soft. change the shocks to something more agressive in the valving and if its not "tight enough" get some sway bars. strut braces dont stiffen the suspension they add regidity to the body. Basically a poor mans roll cage without the protection.
Old 10-09-05, 03:47 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you say bilstein coilovers. German handeling ala porshe bmw m series
Old 10-09-05, 10:08 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definatly get some sways.....there are a few under body braces I've seen available but the sway will help you out more than those.
Old 10-11-05, 10:08 AM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Get a lighter car. BTW, I doubt that hatch was "modded" or else he would've handed you your ***. Sorry but a 3600lb car w/ 225hp doesnt hold much of a chance against something that weighes 2100lbs w/ 170+hp.
Old 10-11-05, 12:59 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Originally Posted by 95 Integra
Get a lighter car. BTW, I doubt that hatch was "modded" or else he would've handed you your ***. Sorry but a 3600lb car w/ 225hp doesnt hold much of a chance against something that weighes 2100lbs w/ 170+hp.

agreed, plus why are you road racing in the first place. i dont know about you but other people driving like that in traffic pisses me off. I dont have my own family since im only 21 but can we have some self control here? Plus if you are such a street racer, as you say, then why the hell are you asking these sorts of questions, you should know what you need and dont need from experience. I like 95 integra have come from the honda community (the most ridiculed and frowned upon builders) and i have had to learn the hard way how to figure everything from fabrication to how parts work and specifics about testing the limits of parts. so take some time, buy some books about suspension geomentry and physics and read!

ps I hate to lose but id rather lose knowing why i lost and with some dignity than saying "i hate to lose because *insert some vague excuse here*. so cheers to the car with the better power to weight ratio

Last edited by vipsoarer; 10-11-05 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-11-05, 01:46 PM
imprtLEXUS
Rookie

Default hahaha aight thats enuff

i asked yall where i could find these parts if anyone knew, i got more replies about what i need, i know what i need do any off you know where to find it , and for your information "mr i come from a honda community" arent we all so proud of you, i know more about tegs, rexs, and hatches than you or your boy 95teg infact i dun kno wut you have dun to your car, but havent we all been there and done that my crew has hondas on smash got trophies from numerous car shows got awards for a turbo coupe, awards for a 240 with a rb swap that has been in superstreet "do you even know what a rb comes out of", we got a mkiv supra, and a sc with a 2jzgte swap in progress, and if it matters i drove a eclipse b4 my sc i dont need advice on weight to power ratios or wut a sorry *** honda can or wud do i seen it done thousands of times

So like it all started do either of you know where i can get strut bars, braces, or sway bars for a 95 sc300 , thankyou ..........................................
Old 10-11-05, 01:53 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody needs to calm down or this thread will be locked up tighter than Jessica Simpson's before she got married!!

Imprt, to answer your question.....we have quite a few vendors here on CL that have the parts you are looking for. TMEngineering, Carson Lexus, and I believe LuxuryMods also. Check the vendor section from the CL home page, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.
Old 10-11-05, 01:57 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Everybody needs to calm down or this thread will be locked up tighter than Jessica Simpson's before she got married!!
Sorry my ego was getting in the way of this being a "technical" forum....luckily some of us are mature adults
Old 10-11-05, 05:26 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

First off, you asked for tie bars, i suggested bushings and sway bars with better shocks.

Second, like you said you do not know what I have built before nor what certifications I have. I'm glad you and your crew have done all that. The reality of it is many people gave good answers including myself without the need for the play by play.

I do appologize, but there is no need for talk of street racing of any form other than the specified forums, which people like me stay away from. Anything of that sort drives me insane because I have seen too many people get severely hurt from stupid actions such as that. Yes I know it still happens and probably always will but is not needed in answering the question "where to find strut braces and sway bars". This is the reason why I became offensive. Childish?....sure, but at the same time in all legality and for the safety of other car enthusiests or people in general, do what you want but dont talk about it, it reflects the tuning community in a very negative way. There are other ways of getting your question answered.

Marshall
Old 10-11-05, 07:03 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imprtLEXUS

So like it all started do either of you know where i can get strut bars, braces, or sway bars for a 95 sc300 , thankyou ..........................................

Old 10-11-05, 07:04 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by verylost

search ****

Quick Reply: need tighter suspension