Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

AirRunner In !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-05, 11:48 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
how was the install ...!!! tell me everything
yes please do !!! and pics of the install ??
Old 10-17-05, 07:55 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Here It Is... Airrunner Review...

ill start from the beginning.... first off it started out with the smoothest fastest transaction provided by ELITE IMPORTS!!!!!! sick fast shipping , no delays, no BS.... got the airrunnes package in 2 boxes... kit includes firestone air brake line (sturdy sht & pretty flexible), firestone 5gal 150psi max tank, but the system goes to 180. polished metal base plate, compressor, gauges switches.. electrical lines, connectors, zip ties, catalogue, screws, fittings, black hose wire protectant stuff.,.. EVERYTHING YOU NEED... inspection of the parts, everything was properly packaged nothing was missing. kit even comes with hose cutters from japan.. real cool. so i started on fri late afternoon.. this kit in 200% bolt on... remove OEM struts, bolt on airrunners.. thats your installations... as far as i know these were made by toyota for this car fromt he factory thats how good they are.. the top and bottom mounts are beefy, very solid, the airline inlets are in perfect positions off the struts for clearance and performance. welds are perfect on these. i ran the airlines through my fenders into the cab through the wireharness for the doors (the little rubber hoses) into the cab under the carpet and up where my ash tray (was).. the front left has a perfect hole for the host to run through the front right i ran the hose under the black plastic above the tire through the door intho the cab.. the 2 rear wheel wells i had to drill for the line and ran the lines as you would run your amp power line. as far as air line connectors they aew W-LOCK type fittings... very very solid... no leaks anywhere.. i left my tank 100% filled and no leaks at all... first time off everything went perfect... so as far as intallation.. it was real easy .. no problems the way, no surprises. ill post pics .. MOving No internet..

now for the driving review...

the struts come set to the #2 setting... this feels exactly like stock if not bettter.. you can def tell yr drving on different suspension.. i would say its fun to drive... because its a little soft and i like stiff suspension so i set my front to #4 and rear to #3.. and its perfect.. nice and kind of bouncy how i like it.. it doesnt rub at all.. the camber is perfect on this system... i just replaces the struts.. my alignment is still perfect... and most important.. which alot of ppl might find ihs interesting... is that... the airrunner FIXES THE FRONT WHEEL VIBRATION for me at 70-80 MPH!!!! im so happy... i cant describe this.. its SICk... Perfect.. and stylish most importantly not ghetto rigged!!!!
controls
i would say on a full tank the car drops fully in less then 5 secs.. now the riding pressure is 110 front 90 rear... at this pressure with my 20" the car is perfect.. a little bit below the tire ... now front takes a while to come up because obviouslty its heavier.. so at about 85-90 psi the car is pretty dam low in the front.. and at about 70-80 psi in the back its sitting about at the rim lip same as front .. the rear drops allll the way down to aobut 1/4 of my wheel... they both tuck perfectly into the well... the front however bottom out on the top plastics when dropped. which means that it can problbly go lower.. or maybe not i cant tell.. so ne way.. on the full tank in the front bringing it up fron 80psi lets say it comes up in 2-3 secs.. the back about the same... like someone said they are mid.. not too fast not too slow..
each switch controls each strut.. the 2 gauges have 2 needles in each one.. one red one black.. they system is very precise as far as having the wheels at the same height.. its real easy to manage that.. going up is quiet.. lowering , all the air blows off at the switches so it sounds exactly like an air blow off valve.. imagine that.. pretty much this system is perfectt.. i would seriously rate this 10 of 10.. front to back its the SHIZZITTT.. nad ill have some clean car pics for you animals sooon enough~~!!!!
Old 10-17-05, 08:13 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great review and write up. Sounds like this is a very high quality system. I really like the tank placement so as not to be too obtrusive. When I had airride I had to build a false wall to fit the tank behind but I like this design much better. What are the size of the tank and the lines?
Old 10-17-05, 09:16 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great writeup
Old 11-06-05, 06:17 AM
biglexass
Lead Lap

hey man its big sam from the meet(94 ls with the shiny tires lol)you had the best looking gs there.guys the pics are on thing,but seeing this car in person is another.the rims are sick and its even sicker that you did the hole set up on your own.keep me posted on the mods i want to see that jp kit on your car.later bro
Old 11-06-05, 07:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Saw this car yesterday. Impressive setup. And DruMnBaSS impressed me for having installed it all.

Rims are very bling. Not my thing but very nice.
Old 11-06-05, 07:43 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice!! Defintely on the to-do list in the near future
Old 11-07-05, 07:23 PM
absolut
Pole Position

GJ man, your car looked sick at the meet.