Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installed Bilstein PSS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-05, 07:12 AM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just ordered a set this morning!!
Old 10-31-05, 06:35 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey sean thanks for hanging out with me on saturday while I got my tein ss installed. It was a lovely drive out to PA in them.. It was very precise and no body roll while I was going a steady 85-95 all the way.

I'm still debating whether I should lift up the car more. My other friend who saw the car thought I was sick because I dropped it that low..LOL

I'll have pictures up soon....
Old 10-31-05, 06:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
Hey sean thanks for hanging out with me on saturday while I got my tein ss installed. It was a lovely drive out to PA in them.. It was very precise and no body roll while I was going a steady 85-95 all the way.

I'm still debating whether I should lift up the car more. My other friend who saw the car thought I was sick because I dropped it that low..LOL

bro

please describe how the ride is with those new teins super streets you just got

how low did it go and with the damping adjustment how stiff and how soft can it go
Old 10-31-05, 07:36 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup

Hey no problem Carlos.. Got to say it was fun racing on on the Van Wyck Expressway. had to slow down some because of the scared drivers on the road seeing two black Gs400's bobbing and weaving. Got to say the Tein SS hugs the road real well. Didn't notice any body roll when you went around granny in the minivan. Yeah you should raise up the suspension a bit. I drove through Brooklyn yesterday, and there are so many dips that you will destoy your front bumper and chassis.
Old 10-31-05, 11:38 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexforlife
bro

please describe how the ride is with those new teins super streets you just got

how low did it go and with the damping adjustment how stiff and how soft can it go
i still have to install edfc but i have the settings at 8 and i have about a finger or maybe less from the tire to fender. its low ...

i was anticipating a much harsher ride but its pretty good. I had to head out to PA to visit some friends so I got a chance to break them in. Highway driving was incredible the car definitely felt like it was on rails. The only thing was when I got back to the citythen I realized how bad the roads are here becuase I felt every nook and cranny with these coilovers.

I'm very happy with them i'll let you know how it goes with the edfc install.
i'll have pictures up soon.
Old 10-31-05, 11:39 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Hey no problem Carlos.. Got to say it was fun racing on on the Van Wyck Expressway. had to slow down some because of the scared drivers on the road seeing two black Gs400's bobbing and weaving. Got to say the Tein SS hugs the road real well. Didn't notice any body roll when you went around granny in the minivan. Yeah you should raise up the suspension a bit. I drove through Brooklyn yesterday, and there are so many dips that you will destoy your front bumper and chassis.
just get ready to hand out that pink slip over..
Old 10-31-05, 01:00 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Bilstein PSS family is growing
Old 10-31-05, 01:26 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by markgs4
the Bilstein PSS family is growing

i am thinking of moving to a different setup.. anyone interested in my 1 yr bilsteins with lifetime warr already with shock mounts on them
Old 10-31-05, 01:29 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i am thinking of moving to a different setup.. anyone interested in my 1 yr bilsteins with lifetime warr already with shock mounts on them
Why are you leaving us Did you use your stock bump stops with your install or the one that came with the kit? I used the stock ones
Old 10-31-05, 08:13 PM
GSXLEX
Racer

Why are you leaving us Did you use your stock bump stops with your install or the one that came with the kit? I used the stock ones
Im having the Bilstein PSS installed Friday..Should I use the OEM bumps or the new ones??
Old 11-03-05, 05:25 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSXLEX
Im having the Bilstein PSS installed Friday..Should I use the OEM bumps or the new ones??
I used the stock one. I would watch coilover install on the Speed Channel's Horse Power TV and Tuner Transformation, and they would use the stock bumpstops.
Old 11-03-05, 06:26 AM
GSXLEX
Racer

I used the stock one. I would watch coilover install on the Speed Channel's Horse Power TV and Tuner Transformation, and they would use the stock bumpstops.
Cool..any other useful tips..I want this done right this time..What initial settings did you use and what was the drop??
Old 11-03-05, 06:34 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Well I have it at 3 threads in front and 6 in the back. That gives me about two fingers all around. You could go lowe with no problem since the max drop is 1.8 inches with the bilsteins. Check out Dave Gs4's car. He has pics up with it cranked all the way down. I will take pics of mine very soon and post them.
Old 11-03-05, 07:08 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Well I have it at 3 threads in front and 6 in the back. That gives me about two fingers all around. You could go lowe with no problem since the max drop is 1.8 inches with the bilsteins. Check out Dave Gs4's car. He has pics up with it cranked all the way down. I will take pics of mine very soon and post them.

give it about 2-3 months , with mine cranked down to the last thread it settles even lower then 1.8 .. i barely have 1 finger up front
Old 11-03-05, 07:18 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

hey gsxlex how far are you from the city? We're all meeting up on saturday at RisingSun's house you should come over if your close.

Quick Reply: Installed Bilstein PSS