Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

supra calipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 07:32 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something I noticed when I inspected my rebuilt calipers from Centric Rebuilders was that some of the pistons were dented. I will replace the ones that have dents where the seals pass over them, three pistons at $13 a piece from the dealer.
The four piston calipers are very easy to service.
When I called the rebuilder to ask them about the situation, thay came across like I had re-routed someones cardio bypass surgery in removing the pistons. I told them I had always inspected parts that were rebuilt because of my experience as a parts counter sale person, and a Mercedes/BMW/Porsche mechanic, having seen many problems with quality control from small companies that often hired unqualified labor to work on braking systems and such.
The sales engineer then infered that I had done the damage, and that they may be able and do something if I were to send them back on my dime for an "inspection". I mentioned that I thought I was more than qualified to spot a problem, and did not wish to send him anything.
The calipers remain on my garage shelf, awaiting rotors, pads, shims, and a couple pistons.
Old 10-24-05, 01:31 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DETUNED
You get what you pay for. And good luck finding them in stock anywhere, especially after you find 2 that have leaked and then returned them. They had to return my money since they couldn't get me any other sets and refund me my core charge. Guess what I ended up with? Nothing, not even my cores since they were already sent out.
I'm not trading in my cores Ill goto a junkyard and get something off any car