Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

supra calipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 10:16 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supra calipers

So i was browsing napa online.. they are showing rebuilt supra 4 piston front calipers $97 bux each with core (ill put in the 2 piston core of course, like they can tell the difference). So why if so cheap, and i heard of ppl buyin em from napa before... why do ppl want like $400 bux for two used ones?

I really dont see why they are so much, they are 10+yo OEM calipers. Of course when i had a 82 trans am, i paid $105 each for the rear disk calipers from Napa, to convert the car

Last edited by VJ RC51; 10-20-05 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-20-05, 11:22 AM
blksc300mt
Driver

i thought about doing the same thing....you dont think they'd notice the core is different though?
Old 10-20-05, 11:55 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blksc300mt
i thought about doing the same thing....you dont think they'd notice the core is different though?
Very doubtful, they only have a car description, and is if the guys could determine the difference between 4 piston and 2 piston calipers anyway
Old 10-20-05, 01:20 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
Very doubtful, they only have a car description, and is if the guys could determine the difference between 4 piston and 2 piston calipers anyway
Yep exactly. Just make sure if they ask for info like address or phone #, give em fake info, and pay by cash. Its easily done.. I thought about gettin em with stock calipers as trade and sellin my $200 refurburshed supra capilers for $400 like everyone else
Old 10-20-05, 02:04 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

are those OEM made by toyota calipers? i was looking on rockauto, and autozone.com they have TT calipers pretty cheap. im thinking of goin to autozone or whatever and buying the TT ones and return my stockers. now they will never know. i just wont give my info. good idea?
Old 10-20-05, 02:12 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by kietlander
are those OEM made by toyota calipers? i was looking on rockauto, and autozone.com they have TT calipers pretty cheap. im thinking of goin to autozone or whatever and buying the TT ones and return my stockers. now they will never know. i just wont give my info. good idea?
I believe so. Similar to Pep Boys, they are refurbished OEM units. But you still need all the associated hardware.
Old 10-20-05, 02:20 PM
kietlander
Racer

Originally Posted by mkorsu
But you still need all the associated hardware.
what hardware? i thought all u needed to do the swap was calipers, rotors, and pads? and well SS lines cuz i want to change.
Old 10-20-05, 02:54 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

im 99% sure those calipers will be 2 pots instead of 4 since, na brakes fit the tt and vice versa
Old 10-20-05, 03:35 PM
kietlander
Racer

well ima order them and if they give me 2 pot i will wont take them
Old 10-20-05, 08:24 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something I noticed when I purchased my Supra calipers was that the SC calipers have a higher core charge.
Old 10-20-05, 09:11 PM
kietlander
Racer

everything for a "LEXUS" cost more.
Old 10-21-05, 07:20 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by kietlander
what hardware? i thought all u needed to do the swap was calipers, rotors, and pads? and well SS lines cuz i want to change.

Here's the thread. Check post #8. It's not a lot of cash, it's just that they don't come fully complete.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...+boys+calipers

Last edited by mkorsu; 10-21-05 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-21-05, 11:33 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

bought my "rebuilt" supra calipers and they were just rebuilt OEM sumitomcalipers. I had LOTS of problems with them. THey leaked like crazy and I ended up returning them and getting some factory tt calipers and haven't had any problems since.

When you do buy the calipers ($45 after core charge) you will have to buy the shim kit and everything else which will run you under $35.

JUST BEWARE WHEN BUYING THEM. I also put my stock sc calipers in the box and they didn't know.

I'm not saying all the one you would buy will leak, but a good amount of them have.

Peter
Old 10-23-05, 01:38 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DETUNED
bought my "rebuilt" supra calipers and they were just rebuilt OEM sumitomcalipers. I had LOTS of problems with them. THey leaked like crazy and I ended up returning them and getting some factory tt calipers and haven't had any problems since.

When you do buy the calipers ($45 after core charge) you will have to buy the shim kit and everything else which will run you under $35.

JUST BEWARE WHEN BUYING THEM. I also put my stock sc calipers in the box and they didn't know.

I'm not saying all the one you would buy will leak, but a good amount of them have.

Peter
yeah i just checked autozone, $45 after core.. If they leak, o well ill just keep replacing til i get good ones. I forgot to check how much LS400 calipers were, probably more expensive cause they are lexus!
Old 10-23-05, 05:04 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

You get what you pay for. And good luck finding them in stock anywhere, especially after you find 2 that have leaked and then returned them. They had to return my money since they couldn't get me any other sets and refund me my core charge. Guess what I ended up with? Nothing, not even my cores since they were already sent out.

Quick Reply: supra calipers