Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Install of Front Dianzen Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 07:35 PM
venom47
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Daizen sways

This might be a stupid question but....Does anyone have stock suspension (struts/springs) and Daizen sways? If so how does the car handle. I am trying to prioritize my next suspension mods, either coilovers or sways are next depending on the situation.
Thanks
Old 10-31-05, 08:52 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by venom47
This might be a stupid question but....Does anyone have stock suspension (struts/springs) and Daizen sways? If so how does the car handle. I am trying to prioritize my next suspension mods, either coilovers or sways are next depending on the situation.
Thanks
Look for old posts from Ron430. He had the TRD sways with stock suspension for awhile. It handled much better. With that said, if you have any plans on lowering the car, I'd go with coilovers first. You get better handling and lowering. Sways will then make them that much better.

If you want to retain stock ride feel and has no intention of lowering, adding the Daizen sways to get better handling is a no brainer.
Old 10-31-05, 09:33 PM
pavster
Driver

I ran Daizen sways with stock springs/shocks for a couple of weeks before installing the L-Tuned S/S. The first impression was WOW. Driving on familiar roads after installing the sways, I felt like a superman. Then I started to notice weirdness, like front to back sway when going over some bumps while cornering. The car didn't feel properly balanced. But it's still night and day from stock.

However, I really don't see a reason not to get the springs/shocks as well: they cost less than the sway bars; the install is straightforward, and the improvement is quite dramatic. The ride quality is not really affected, but the dive/squat during braking/acceleration is greately reduced, and the car feels much more composed at high speed.

-pavel.
Old 11-01-05, 03:49 PM
venom47
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Neo
Look for old posts from Ron430. He had the TRD sways with stock suspension for awhile. It handled much better. With that said, if you have any plans on lowering the car, I'd go with coilovers first. You get better handling and lowering. Sways will then make them that much better.

If you want to retain stock ride feel and has no intention of lowering, adding the Daizen sways to get better handling is a no brainer.
Neo, Pavster...Thanks fellas. Those answers certainly help out. Looks like either the Bilstein PSS or Tein CS coilovers followed by sways is my susp. mod plan.

Keep good gouge flowing.

V