Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein SS squeaky

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05, 08:15 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Tein SS squeaky

i just got Tein SS installed on my 95SC300 like couple months ago and now everytime i go over the bumps, it starts to squeak and it gets annoying sometimes but you here it more when its real cold out, but on a nice warm day out you don't hear it!!! any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated
Old 10-25-05, 08:23 AM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Salil, Lets just put the turbo on the car, itll make all your other problems go away

Im tellin you, a little rubber buffer between the top two coils should get rid of that noise, which is somewhat common.

--josh
Old 10-25-05, 10:10 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshFSM
Salil, Lets just put the turbo on the car, itll make all your other problems go away

Im tellin you, a little rubber buffer between the top two coils should get rid of that noise, which is somewhat common.

--josh
can you put one on mine
Old 10-25-05, 10:42 AM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which part of the coil?
Old 10-25-05, 04:17 PM
440+6
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you need some rubber bushings, or if you need to keep performance handeling get graphite type bushings, they lube themselves so no squeaks.
Old 10-28-05, 08:46 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Bushes are shot.

You'll know your bushes have worn out when they start squeaking especially when it's cold as you stated. Usually all I hear from coilovers are the actual struts compressing/decompressing if they hit a dip (from what I've noticed, dunno about anyone else).

Info on Bushes
Daizen
VFT Bushes

Am I helpful or what! Happy reading.

Jose
Old 11-04-05, 01:52 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Salil022
i just got Tein SS installed on my 95SC300 like couple months ago and now everytime i go over the bumps, it starts to squeak and it gets annoying sometimes but you here it more when its real cold out, but on a nice warm day out you don't hear it!!! any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated
I'm also installing the Tein SS on my SC400 today, but haven't finished yet. I hope I won't have your problem. Anyway, it's the funny symptom that you have but it's possible. When the temperature is cold, the rubber gets harder. And when it's hot, it gets softer. There're several answers to this.First, it could be the rubber insulator located on the top coil that's torn or cracked. So when it's softer, the top coil spring finds its contact with the top metal support mount and makes noise. I believe this is the most likely cause. Secondly, other bushings such as upper control arms, lower control arms, and swaybar are almost shot. It could be your stiff setting on the strut that doesn't absorb much bouncing; therefore, the bouncing force finds its way to the bushings, which are next to absorb the bouncing. Third and least likely, it could be the hard polyurethane spring seats that are loose and not sit tight enough on the seat locks. I worry about this since I first saw it. I thought it's supposed to sit tight on the seat locks. However, I guess the manufacturer already thought about this. But I believe it would still be a better design if the spring seats are one piece with the seat locks. With this, the coil spring won't move around.

Finally, I'd like to ask you a question about the SS. How height is the rear if I adjust the seat locks half way down on the struts, with the measurement starting from the first top thread counting downward?