Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Camber Question..

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-05, 01:49 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camber Question..

As most of you know, I just had my car lowered 1" on Eibachs and Takico HPs...

I just had my car aligned yesterday. After getting my car back they said that the alignment was perfect when I brought it in. But looking from the back of the car it apears that my wheel camber is off. This picture may not show it very well, but they are /-----\ are they suppose to be like that? I know that BMWs do this, but do SCs?

Old 10-30-05, 02:30 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is negative camber due to the lowering. I think it's for every inch you lower, it's 1 degree negative. You can fix it with the daizen camber adjusting bushings, they replace your upper control arm bushings. I have a set for the fronts for sale, brand new, if you want them just PM me.
Old 10-30-05, 03:10 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by indelible
there is negative camber due to the lowering. I think it's for every inch you lower, it's 1 degree negative. You can fix it with the daizen camber adjusting bushings, they replace your upper control arm bushings. I have a set for the fronts for sale, brand new, if you want them just PM me.
But they shouldn't be needed with Eibachs
Old 10-30-05, 03:17 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

I'm on eibachs and I have negative camber too, if you don't want them, don't get them. 1 degree isn't much anyways.
Old 10-30-05, 03:33 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by indelible
I'm on eibachs and I have negative camber too, if you don't want them, don't get them. 1 degree isn't much anyways.
Has it caused any excessive tire wear?
Old 10-30-05, 04:01 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IronCobra
But they shouldn't be needed with Eibachs
Maybe that's what Eibach wants you to think but regarless of brand, shorter springs will give you some neg. camber.

All in all, a lil neg camber is good for handling so you'll be good with it like that....but you need to rotate your tires more often or it will cause uneven wear.
Old 10-30-05, 06:14 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by roo
Maybe that's what Eibach wants you to think but regarless of brand, shorter springs will give you some neg. camber.

All in all, a lil neg camber is good for handling so you'll be good with it like that....but you need to rotate your tires more often or it will cause uneven wear.
Eibach didn't tell me that, everyone on here and my Tirerack rep told me that. It even says that on Intellexual.com. Remember that Eibachs are only 1" or less of a drop

-Intellexual
Lowering Springs are aftermarket springs that lower the car's profile and stiffen the ride quality slightly. Eibach makes Prokit springs for the SC300 and SC400 that will drop the ride height about 1 inch all the way around. These are the only springs that function within manufacturer's alignment specifications. The 1-inch drop is, in my opinion, what the stock ride height should be. If you want a sportier, modified look, you should lower the car a bit more. However all springs that lower over 1 inch will operate slightly outside of manufacturer's camber specifications (by one degree negative camber or less), which creates a negligible inside tire wear. This gives you use of about 90 - 95% of the tire's total lifespan.

I guess I'll have to dismount and remount the two rear tires every now and then.

Trending Topics

Old 10-30-05, 09:16 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

Id keep the negative camber and enjoy those turns!