Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Spindle Nut

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-05 | 04:43 AM
billm
Driver School Candidate

Default Spindle Nut

Hi Everyone,
Could someone tell me what size the nut on the spindle is on a 93 SC400? I'm about to change a rotor and I don't have sockets that big. I just want to know so I can buy only the socket that I need instead of a bunch of them in different sizes. It's really hard to measure it the way it is sunken in there.
Thanks in advance.
...........Bill
Old 11-02-05 | 01:16 PM
Taco28
Driver School Candidate

I can't tell you the size cuz I just got a SC400 but on my tacoma I just found the spindle socket with the right number of cut outs for the nuts. There are not that many different options usually each manufacturer sticks to a couple different ones for all their vehicles. Make a quick call to a toyota daeler and ask the service dept.

So I am of no hope to you but atleast you got a bump.
Old 11-02-05 | 01:40 PM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by billm
Hi Everyone,
Could someone tell me what size the nut on the spindle is on a 93 SC400? I'm about to change a rotor and I don't have sockets that big. I just want to know so I can buy only the socket that I need instead of a bunch of them in different sizes. It's really hard to measure it the way it is sunken in there.
Thanks in advance.
...........Bill
I did the front rotor on my 99 sc400 and you do not have to remove the spindle nut. You might want to do a quick search before you make and easy job harder than it needs to be.

Here are a few step
1- remove the brake calper(remove the tire first)
2- if you look at the rotor you will see two holes directly acroos from each other. Use two bolts can remember what size. well screw them in and that will release the rotor from the hub.
3- then you can start puting it back together.