Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: CarsonTuned STB Fitment issue
GS300 with Aluminum
66.67%
GS300 with Chrome
16.67%
GS400 with Aluminum
0%
GS400 with Chrome
0%
GS430 with Aluminum
0%
GS430 with Chrome
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

CarsonTuned Strut Tower Bar Fitment Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-05, 05:32 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stb

Hey guys,

This afternoon we had the pleasure of meeting with the head designer of our GS strut bars. He was flying from SEMA back to his famous factory in Japan and flew to L.A. to meet with us first. Now thats what I call a vendor who cares about his customers and product.

Fitment improvements will be made and we will be getting a new bar from them to test fit. After that we will start to replace all the bars that have already been sold with new ones. So if you already bought a bar, just continue to use it. When we have the new bars in we will notify everyone to start the process of replacing them.

Also as a side note, look foward to more products being developed exclusively for Carson Toyota. We will post more details on those products as they become available.
Old 11-04-05, 06:05 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

WoW!! Awesome job.
Old 11-04-05, 06:11 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Hey guys,

This afternoon we had the pleasure of meeting with the head designer of our GS strut bars. He was flying from SEMA back to his famous factory in Japan and flew to L.A. to meet with us first. Now thats what I call a vendor who cares about his customers and product.

Fitment improvements will be made and we will be getting a new bar from them to test fit. After that we will start to replace all the bars that have already been sold with new ones. So if you already bought a bar, just continue to use it. When we have the new bars in we will notify everyone to start the process of replacing them.

Also as a side note, look foward to more products being developed exclusively for Carson Toyota. We will post more details on those products as they become available.
Steve/Luis i know you guys will come through with this. to the designer by willing to replace the bars. My only question is how long we have to wait???

Tommy
Old 11-04-05, 06:27 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And my question would be should possible future orders wait until the new shipment arrives before ordering?
Old 11-04-05, 11:11 PM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Awesome news Luis.
Again, the customer service you guys provide is the best.

Thanks for all the hard work and keeping everyone up to date.

Joel
Old 11-05-05, 09:36 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joel5150
mikal - I have the aluminum one.

PHML - The spacer keeps the bracket above the lip, but this is not optimal for the actual performance of the bar. Mine was torqued down well, about 55 ftlbs, and it slipped after a few hours of driving. It should slip over the lip, using this as an anchor ann allowing the bar to keep full pressure on the shock tower, reducing flex of the shock tower.

GWELEX - The pic is crappy, I cannot got a good shot, but basically it looks like this.

It is close, but I would say the hole in the bracket is about 2/16ths undersized.
you mean like this?
Attached Thumbnails CarsonTuned Strut Tower Bar Fitment Issue-picture-098.jpg  
Old 11-06-05, 02:40 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

GS Members: Guys, for the time being I'm taking the sticky down. We now know the first batch of Carson Tuned STB's that were sold have a flaw and are being corrected by the manufacture. All current sales of the STB are on hold and anyone who has all ready purchased & received the Carson Tuned STB will be contacted by Carson for a new one when they come in.

Carson-Lex: Luis, please keep us updated on the progress of the new Carson Tuned STB. Any info on the timeline would be great. Thanks

Ken
GS Forum Moderator
Old 11-06-05, 07:13 AM
dallasgs4
Driver

I Have The Crome Stb For The Gs4 Still In Box Is This Problem With All Stb Or Just The Aluminum Bars?
Old 11-06-05, 11:12 AM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dallasgs4
I Have The Crome Stb For The Gs4 Still In Box Is This Problem With All Stb Or Just The Aluminum Bars?

Dallasgs4 - We are not sure if the same issue applies to the chrome bar. LXOGOOD has had his installed for a while with the spacers and has had no issues as of yet.

Joel
Old 11-06-05, 10:12 PM
dallasgs4
Driver

Ok I Guess When My Car Gets Out The Body Shop I Will Pit It On And See For Myself Thanks
Old 11-11-05, 09:24 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dallasgs4

My chrome STB was one of the prototypes. It was not one of the production STB so I don't know if my chrome bar is the same as your chrome bar. The only way to tell it to have yours installed and test it out. I had my STB mounted on top of the spacer.
Old 07-04-06, 11:10 AM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Hey guys, whats up Joel, just wanted to keep you posted on what's going on. We have emailed Japan on the fitment issue along with some pictures that have been provided to us by the members of this board. We expect a response in a few days since they are still at SEMA as we speak. As soon as we have a response back I will post up again. Untill then if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
I read all the posts to this thread and another one I found when I did a search but did not find a definitive answer to the question of whether or not we should use the black OEM spacer rings when installing out Carson-Tuned front STBs.
Old 07-04-06, 01:27 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasLex
I read all the posts to this thread and another one I found when I did a search but did not find a definitive answer to the question of whether or not we should use the black OEM spacer rings when installing out Carson-Tuned front STBs.
You don't need to find a post about this....its great to rely on CL as a source for info....but things like this....its trial and error. Maybe you can contribute to this thread after installing yours.

Personally, I'd try to keep the spacer on...but if the bar rubs the underside of the hood....then remove it and re-install without the spacer.

Good luck...and post up your results.

Pete
Old 07-04-06, 01:41 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
You don't need to find a post about this....its great to rely on CL as a source for info....but things like this....its trial and error. Maybe you can contribute to this thread after installing yours.

Personally, I'd try to keep the spacer on...but if the bar rubs the underside of the hood....then remove it and re-install without the spacer.

Pete
I installed mine over a month ago ( https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=74059&page=50 ) - no spacers required, no rubbing. Just perfect!
Old 07-04-06, 04:00 PM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PHML

Pete
Thank you for your input. With all due respect, when it is regarding something worth more than several hundered dollars (in this case something like my car which is worth many times that amount) it is a personal policy of mine to not experiment and to instead rely on written instructions, however, there were not any included with my strut bar.

I actually had already installed the strut bar and found this thread when doing a search for a thread to add my comments to. After reading the thread the question came to mind as to whether or not I should have left the spacers on. I do have them on now and the hood does close and the car does have much more responsive steering. I wonder if perhaps the engineer who designed the bar would be a good source of info. on if the spacers should be left in place.

Last edited by TexasLex; 07-05-06 at 07:04 AM.