Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

***group buy on BREMBO cross drilled/slotted rotors****

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-01, 09:53 AM
glex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the deal.

if i can get 5 + people we can do a group buy on BREMBO cross drilled/slotted rotors.
the set of 4 rotors front/rear for $340 shipped to you door.
who is intreasted please email me at eelin@juno.com ore PM.
thanks
-glex

Old 07-25-01, 11:12 AM
SilverGSguy
Pole Position

are these rotors larger than stock size?
Old 07-25-01, 11:50 AM
glex
Rookie

il find out exacly how big they are but they look 13"
Attached Thumbnails ***group buy on BREMBO cross drilled/slotted rotors****-bremborotor.jpg  
Old 07-25-01, 12:40 PM
glex
Rookie

its exacly same size as OEM.

Personal Check (has to wait to get cleared), money order, or cashiers check.
email tony@fobx.com and please CC eelin@juno.com with year & model of the car and address.
Also put "Gene Rotor Group Buy" in the subject line.

thanks
-glex

Old 07-25-01, 01:03 PM
glex
Rookie

i been told buy the seller that its original Brembo rotor.before you send any $ ask the seller to make sure IT IS , here his email tony@fobx.com . i dont know the guy i found him selling brembo rotors on the net so i send email and ask him if he can do a group buy on BREMBO rotors for lexus models.
the rest of the quetions you can ask directlly the guy who sells them his name is Tony.
thanks
Old 07-25-01, 01:36 PM
RacingAristo

He's selling "Brembo" rotors on EBay. Apparently the rotors are actually Bradi. For detail, please go to GS300/400/430 forum. I called Brembo and they said they don't make any OEM size rotors for Lexus GS400/430.

Beware!
Old 07-25-01, 02:38 PM
glex
Rookie

thanks for the INFO
Old 07-25-01, 02:40 PM
glex
Rookie

finaly i got a true answer from him.
this is original email from him.

I am very disappointed to say that these are not Brembo rotors. The distributor who does get real Brembos for Honda/Acura/Nissan gave me false information. These are simply OE replacements that are drilled/slotted to Brembo specs. I'm sorry to have led this on for so long without checking for myself.

Regards,
Tony

sorry guys for all this mess,i'm glad that with your help we find out that is not BREMBO ...

ahh i want it brembo rotors.
Old 07-25-01, 02:51 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys,

we have been thru this before. steve even called brembo and informed us that "BREMBO DOES NOT HAVE OEM APPLICATION FOR THE GS". if brembo does offer such, steve would be the first to tell us.

i remember there was a guy selling these so-called drilled rotors. he wrapped them up w/some brembo printed paper, and yah, only the paper are brembo marked.

the supra tt rotors are only ~$70/side each. or steve also offer some nicely drilled rotors for reasonable price. i would have more confidence with products that steve offers-he always checked out for us first.

will
Old 07-25-01, 02:55 PM
glex
Rookie

Originally posted by gs4will
guys,

we have been thru this before. steve even called brembo and informed us that "BREMBO DOES NOT HAVE OEM APPLICATION FOR THE GS". if brembo does offer such, steve would be the first to tell us.

i remember there was a guy selling these so-called drilled rotors. he wrapped them up w/some brembo printed paper, and yah, only the paper are brembo marked.

the supra tt rotors are only ~$70/side each. or steve also offer some nicely drilled rotors for reasonable price. i would have more confidence with products that steve offers-he always checked out for us first.

will
who is Steve? is there rotors for IS?
Old 07-25-01, 02:58 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

MR. steve Gantz is our l-tuned/trd/toyota/lexus parts guru at carson toyota. he is the master parts director there.

www.l-tunedparts.com

1800 90 toyota x2381

will
Old 07-25-01, 03:31 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

I just recieved my SupraTT brakes w/ the crossdrilled rotors and SS lines from Steve yesterday... I will say that the pics he posted DO NOT do those cross drilled rotors justice...They look ALOT sweeter in person..Also, 12.6" is WAY bigger than I anticipated! The boxes with the caliper, pads, rotors, and lines weighed just short of 90lbs if you can believe that....I located THE man for powder coating here in Austin, so I will be getting rid of the nasty green looking factory caliper paint and SUPRA logo..Im gonna try and have the same guy put Teds stickers on and then a clear coat that will be chemical and heat resistant..something better than just clear spray paint......Steve is the man, make sure you check with him first for the stock crossdrilled replacements...I have a feeling I will want to change my rear rotors at some point just to match the look of the front.. Tiny

Last edited by tinygs; 07-25-01 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-25-01, 04:12 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

tiny,

that sounds great good to hear someone is trying on the supra tt break up pkg. but i thought they are 12.8"? because the stock non-drilled tt rotors is 12.8"; unless i remember incorrectly. well, 12.6"(320 mm) is still impressive. RUF 996 turbo uses 330mm rotors.

it is the rotors and the calipers that contribute the weight. as i said, steve only sells us the GOOD stuff. also i though the factory supra tt calipers are red? you got the green ones?

also did your order has factory tt pads? or did you upgrade even more to TRDs? i think the factory ones should be adequate for me.

when they are done, please show us some pics. i would like to see how your tech guy powder coat the calipers.

since you upgraded to the cross-drilled rotors, the entire pkg should run ~$900, if you do not mind me asking?

thanks Tiny.

william
Old 07-25-01, 11:13 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

tinyGS:

When you pull the stock ones off, let us know how the weight compares from the stock to the SupraTT's. Also, let us know how the braking power compares to stock. I think a lot of members are interested in a brake upgrade including myself. Also some pics would be nice.

Thanks,

David GS400
Old 07-26-01, 05:32 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

gs4will...Whats up? How are you?
Actually the SupraTT rotor is 12.6"(320mm) Read the below thread, it also contains the pics of EXACTLY what I got from Steve...... Also, see where the studs come through the rotor? (the part called the "hat") I plan on painting JUST that part to match the "soon to be" Silver calipers....the actual disc portion where the pads rub should turn silver(wearing off the CAD coating) in no more than a couple of weeks worth of driving...I stuck with stock SupraTT pads also. I wanted the longest pad life with the least ammount of brake dust. Plus, as far as performance and $$$ goes, I figured Im going so far beyond what I am using currently that It wont even matter...(side note:look at the nasty GREEN color of the stock pads....but wont be visible)
As for price, it was $889 with the cross drilled rotors($922 after shipping) You will see that again in the below thread... Still cheaper and better than the RMM upgrade..
David GS400- I will post the difference in weight between these and stock. I am very curious too....
Heres a comparison for you: 18"SSR w/stock brakes VS. 20" Equip w/SupraTT brakes??? Do you think the added diameter and weight of the 20" wheel will greatly increase my stopping distance? Or, will the 20" w/SupraTT brakes still be far superior to the 18" w/stock brakes?? Think I know the answer but...
I am going to try and post pics of my car before and after the brake upgrade.(with the SSR's)...And in about another month when my Work Equips and Greddy front spoiler finally arrive, I will post some more pics..Cant wait.. read below....Talk to you soon, Tiny

https://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...threadid=17962

Last edited by tinygs; 07-26-01 at 06:11 AM.

Quick Reply: ***group buy on BREMBO cross drilled/slotted rotors****