Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

ride on TEIN CS coilover

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-01, 12:04 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pia663 - There is a lot of experience available on these boards. Problem with ride related issues is everyone's butt is tuned differently. What is smooth to one guy is harsh to another and vice versa. Part of the fun of the GS is there are a lot of different ways to go. Still favoring the Bilsteins and thinking hard about doing Eibachs as well. Be sure and post if you do the CS on how the process goes and how you like them.
Old 08-01-01, 12:53 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilover Question

Will or Racing Aristo or anyone with experience. Thinking more about the coilovers. Will made the comment that the coilover adjusts ride height by compressing the spring. The pictures I have seen of the coilovers has the adjustment nut on the body of the shock. If the ride height is lowered by compressing the spring, you screw the nut up to compress the spring and lower the car. Is that right? Seems that some of the posts I have seen here on coilovers indicate they work the other way round where you lower the ride height by running the nut down the shock. Just curious. Also, can you adjust the ride height on the car without using a spring compressor? I am wondering what the manufacturer recommends because the spring should be pressing on the nut. Seems like an Armstrong tool might work but I would be surprised if the nut were that relatively easy to adjust. If it were that easy, seems like there should be a lock nut backing it up.

While this is pretty much for theoretical interest, it may be getting more important. I am really talking myself into trying out the spring and shock change. I am not that interested in dropping the car and it seems like coilovers might give some adjustability there. Depending on what posts come up on the ride quality with the CSs I am thinking pretty hard about the new Bilstein coilover. Not crazy about a brand new product but I have a lot of faith in Bilstein. As always, input is appreciated.