Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

tein flex coilover clicking sound!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 08:04 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Well, no good news

Next week i'm going to send one of my front Tein Flex coilover back to CA for inspection, no luck finding problems with suspention, so......... it looks like strut is a garbage
I hope Tein service is fair and will help me out, i will let you know whats up!!!!
Old 12-08-05, 02:51 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having the same problem with my Tein CS! The ride is still smooth but it sound like I'm riding on blown stocks with I go over bumps. Sounds like it's coming from the front passenager side. It's somewhat effecting my steering too. What should I do? Will Tein back this up?
Old 12-08-05, 07:25 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gapxguy
I'm having the same problem with my Tein CS! The ride is still smooth but it sound like I'm riding on blown stocks with I go over bumps. Sounds like it's coming from the front passenager side. It's somewhat effecting my steering too. What should I do? Will Tein back this up?

You have to make sure that shock is blown. Gotta call sotre you got coil's from or conact Authorized Tein Dealer. Look at Tein website, click on dealers than choose state and pick any dealer. Call, set up your app. and you'll see if your schock is blown or not.
Let me know if you need help, cuz i'm going thru that crap now

Good luck to you
Old 12-20-05, 12:02 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEXSOOS
You have to make sure that shock is blown. Gotta call sotre you got coil's from or conact Authorized Tein Dealer. Look at Tein website, click on dealers than choose state and pick any dealer. Call, set up your app. and you'll see if your schock is blown or not.
Let me know if you need help, cuz i'm going thru that crap now

Good luck to you

I found out the problem yesterday. Turn out that the bolt and washer on the tip of the coilover (where the damper is adjusted) fell off! Not sure how it happened but it wasn't being held in place and that's where all the noise was coming from. No wonder it still road smooth and only had noises over bumps, and I didn't see any oil leaks either. So now I'm riding on a cloud again.

Thanks for your help and I hope you get your problem fixed. Let us know how it turns out so we can use it for future reference.
Old 12-21-05, 06:19 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gapxguy
I found out the problem yesterday. Turn out that the bolt and washer on the tip of the coilover (where the damper is adjusted) fell off! Not sure how it happened but it wasn't being held in place and that's where all the noise was coming from. No wonder it still road smooth and only had noises over bumps, and I didn't see any oil leaks either. So now I'm riding on a cloud again.

Thanks for your help and I hope you get your problem fixed. Let us know how it turns out so we can use it for future reference.
Well, i'm happy for you now . My Teins, i never shipped them out cuz........................
Spent alot of time and money in order to find out what was wrong, so.... finally i got myself into problem once again, this is what i want to share with you:

# 1 of all, before i have done anything to my suspention i knew about bad lower ball joints, passenger side Caster Arm bushing, and a litlle worn Upper control arms (ball joints)

So.. after inspection, decided to order Brand new OEM parts mentioned below:

2x lower ball joints - $61.00 each
2x caster arm - $116.00 each
2x upper control arm - $360 each

Now.. labor cost me nothing ( i've done it myself..easy) Alignment $70.00

After all i tought i'll be noise free, unfortunetly i was wrong, clicking/clunking noise remain on driver's side, than i started digging problem out, first myself after awhile with 2 auto shops one after another:

First shop - paid $45.00 for lifting my car and taking it for a quick spin, guy said: It is suspention (struts) I have put many coilovers on, but those- never before...Ok i said, give my keys back and don't waste my time at least......................................man i was p***** off

Second shop ( performance shop) i went to - paid $125.00 for:
Test drive, Front coilovers removal, OEM struts instalation, test drive, fabricating two gaskets for each coil going in betwen upper strut mount and strut tower to eleminate possible noise coming since those two touch each other, instaling gaskets and both coilovers back on, and test drive, Guess what? Nothing, suspention makes noise, since performance shop owner is autorized Tein Dealer advised me to send coilovers back to Cali, which i didn't

Two weeks later, same performance shop - paid $45.00 for:
Switching front coilovers left to right/right to left
What happend was that coilovers seems to be OK, it must be freaking suspention, noise is coming from somewhere?, everything was checked: tie rods, sway bar bushings and end links,
steering rack also lower control arm bushing don't move at all (no play whatsoever)

So now i'm clueless, what could it be since there is nothing else left to check ?

I'm guessing that might be lower control arm bushing which for some reason don't appear to be worn, it looks like Daizen bushing set will be my next spring project

I'll let you know guys, as of now MARRY CHRITMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL
Don't drink and drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!