Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Control arm question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 08:47 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arm question

Ok so I've done alot of research and decided to go with TT LCA's. That leaves me with the UCAs. I was thinking of getting just bushings. My car is dropped so I need a camber kit anyways. It says the camber kit comes with UCA bushings.

So is this all I need and I'm done with my suspension? I will get beefier sway bars later on but for now I just want the basics done. I already have coilovers and will put on the steering rack bushings this week. I'm getting tired of driving this sloppy handling, wandering car.
Old 11-21-05, 09:22 AM
bmatsu
Driver

Yep, changing the bushings with definately tighten up your suspension. I have change all of mine and it did wonders for my car.
Old 11-21-05, 09:45 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmatsu
Yep, changing the bushings with definately tighten up your suspension. I have change all of mine and it did wonders for my car.
So I buy the Supra LCA for the front and Lexus LCA for the rear, then where/who should I buy the bushing? Todd (doublewoosh)?

Thanks,
Old 11-21-05, 10:19 AM
bmatsu
Driver

Or you can just buy the bushings from Todd, and have them installed, depends on what you are after, performance or lux, repalcing the control arms will give you some performance,closer to stock, but the bushings from Todd will give you even more performance. (bit harder ride) especially if you change the uca bushings.

Either way it will give your car a handling upgrade.

have fun
Old 11-22-05, 11:02 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the old balljoints on the control arms are still good, you don't need to buy new control arms. You can find several sets of OEM rubber bushings on Ebay "currently". Hurry, they won't last. They're softer than Daizen bushings. Daizen bushings squeak sometimes no matter how you greased them. I'm currently using Daizen and thought of switching to those OEM rubbers but too lazy to change them out again.
Old 11-22-05, 12:58 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The car has more than 165K miles on it and it about time the ball bearing need replacing so I don't want to chnage the lower bushing then the bearing soon after.
Just wondering the upper bushings need to be replace also or not?
Old 11-22-05, 01:30 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

most likely they will need to be replaced. only you can decide that since none of us can see them. so check them out and if they are beat up, it'd probably be a good idea to go new