Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TT wheels w/ spacers??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 11:54 AM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

changing the stud is not too hard but you gotta know how to dissamble and assemble drum brakes. if you know how to mess with drums then its no problem, very simple!! i asked my friend to order me the other set, he has an repair shop so i get a little discount

-remove caliper
-remove brake disc
-remove the black drum spring, located on the top inbetween the drum shoes
-remove the gold cap and spring in the middle of the right shoe, this was the hard part to remove
-hammer out old studs and replace with new studs and just do the reverse.

the job took me a while because my little compressor kept having to charge back up when installing new studs. good luck!!
Old 02-01-06, 03:51 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the rotor and caliper need to be removed on the front as well?

Shouldn't be too bad, I've changed a stud on a 240sx before. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-01-06, 04:20 PM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

didnt get the front spacers on yet, i will probably do them on friday.
Old 08-19-06, 07:47 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

I know this is old, but have you got those spacers on yet? Can you post pictures of them on?

See if you can take a picture similar to this. This is my car with no spacers on TT rims. Stock height.

Also, I swapped my rear TT rims to the front. They don't seem to clear the brake calipers. It rubbed my brakes and the inner rim itself. I read somewhere on this thread that there was a guy who swapped rears in the front with extended rears in his rear. Do you know who this person may be?

Last question, are the rear TT rims high disk? Will they clear BBKs. Thanks

-esk
Old 08-22-06, 08:25 AM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eskinol
I know this is old, but have you got those spacers on yet? Can you post pictures of them on?

See if you can take a picture similar to this. This is my car with no spacers on TT rims. Stock height.

Also, I swapped my rear TT rims to the front. They don't seem to clear the brake calipers. It rubbed my brakes and the inner rim itself. I read somewhere on this thread that there was a guy who swapped rears in the front with extended rears in his rear. Do you know who this person may be?

Last question, are the rear TT rims high disk? Will they clear BBKs. Thanks

-esk
we could have been twins if i got those tt a while back lol
Old 11-08-07, 10:17 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eskinol
I know this is old, but...
Last week, I purchased two sets of used H&R Spacers for my Supra TT wheels. One set came in last Friday, and the other set came in last night.

I took some photos just a few minutes ago (to add to the ones a took before). Please excuse the car being rather dusty.

Here is the car w/o spacers:

Here, the 15mm spacer is up front only (I took the picture before the spring had a few minutes to return to form, so the drop not totally settled in):

This is the 15mm in front and rear (ditto on the suspension not having time to settle in):

This is from today with 20mm up front and 15mm out back (suspension is fully settled):

All told, I am $142 in the hole on the spacers since they were both acquired used. I can't complain for a second. I took the car up to 90 on the freeway late last night, and it was vibration free from the spacers being hubcentric.

I am running a 285/35 out back and a 245/40 up front. With rolled fenders, there is no rubbing.
Old 11-16-07, 11:51 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 285/35 out back and a 245/40 up front. With rolled fenders, there is n

Do you have any more PIC. I would like to see how much roll you had to put in the fenders. I too would like to put 285/35 out back and a 245/40 up front but would like to have a stock look.
Old 11-17-07, 04:02 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you think you can do a 25mm up front? The spacers make it look good!
Old 11-17-07, 12:01 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TURBO819
Do you have any more PIC. I would like to see how much roll you had to put in the fenders. I too would like to put 285/35 out back and a 245/40 up front but would like to have a stock look.
The rears are rolled completely flush. I would rub by 10mm if they were not. The fronts are also completely flush. I could get away with maybe a 45-degree fender roll in the front at the current offset.

The 285's look very appropriate for such a long, wide, low, and sleek coupe. I only get comments about how good the wheels and tires look. Rarely do I get a comment regarding to how meaty the tires are.

I definitely do not feel that you destory the stock look of the car with 285 rear tires. On the Supra wheels, it looks like it was meant to be there.

If you need a fender roller, I own one. I have pawned it out to members before for practically nothing. If you were interested, let me know.

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Do you think you can do a 25mm up front? The spacers make it look good!
The 25mm will absolutely fit up front.

I definitely like the spaced look. The car retains its stock image via the stock wheels, but the flushness makes it look that much more intimidating to the passing motorist.

Last edited by Blizzy; 11-19-07 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-01-07, 08:34 PM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Looks great with the spacers Mark... So did you change the studs or did your set of spacers come with there own set of studs? I'm planning on changing my rims and probably need same sized spacers. Still debating cause I'm kinda worried about just extending them. - Bryan
Old 12-07-07, 04:50 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

anyone wanna buy these for there tt wheels?
Old 12-01-08, 02:33 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Blizzy;3062556]The rears are rolled completely flush. I would rub by 10mm if they were not. The fronts are also completely flush. I could get away with maybe a 45-degree fender roll in the front at the current offset.

The 285's look very appropriate for such a long, wide, low, and sleek coupe. I only get comments about how good the wheels and tires look. Rarely do I get a comment regarding to how meaty the tires are.

I definitely do not feel that you destory the stock look of the car with 285 rear tires. On the Supra wheels, it looks like it was meant to be there.

If you need a fender roller, I own one. I have pawned it out to members before for practically nothing. If you were interested, let me know.

Blizzy I really need to make a decision on tires for my Supra TT rims. Do you have any pictures of the fender roll for 285/40 in the rear on a 15mm spacer & 245/45 up front on a 20mm spacer. I just want to see how much fender roll is needed
Old 12-02-08, 03:10 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TURBO819
Blizzy I really need to make a decision on tires for my Supra TT rims. Do you have any pictures of the fender roll for 285/40 in the rear on a 15mm spacer & 245/45 up front on a 20mm spacer. I just want to see how much fender roll is needed
Taking a picture would be unnecessary.

I rolled the fender lips completely flat on all four corners. The lip is bent back to be flush with the inner wall of the fender itself. The fender was not "pulled" in any way, meaning the exterior contour lines of the car were not altered in any way; however, the fender is "rolled" to the maximum degree without any "pulling".

In the rear, there is a microscopic amount of clearance. I would be surprised if I could go 2mm farther out with the tires and not rub. If your fenders are not flushly rolled, I would suggest going with a 275 tire just to be safe. It will still look good and grip well. Mainly, it will assure that you are not rubbing.

Up front, there is a bit more room. I might have enough room for a 255, but I doubt it. If you have fenders that are not flushly rolled, I would expect that a 245 would fit with 20mm of spacing.
Old 12-02-08, 03:25 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

was it hard to roll the fenders? any paint cracking? i want to do the same on my SC but scared of the paint cracking.
Old 12-09-08, 07:19 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Is anybody rocking ls400 front calipers with their tt wheels?

Quick Reply: TT wheels w/ spacers??