Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

does TM engineering have a core exchange policy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 08:19 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does TM engineering have a core exchange policy?

this is in regards to their new control arm bushings.

i want to do this because my bushings are cracked. the dealer wants to replace the control arms because as we all know, the bushings are not meant to be removed.

i told them about the daizen bushings, but they are so against anything aftermarket/non-oem they would not do it.

i tried a few other non-dealer shops and no one is sure what to charge or how to do it (air chisel?) because there is nothing in the book on how to do it or what the shop time is. those that said they might told me they would charge me straight time until it is done... and that could take a long time

so i fired of an email to TM engineering asking for help but i got no reply (can't call long distance from work). does anyone know if they do some sort of core exchange program for this? ie. they send me control arms with the daizen bushings installed by them, and i send my old ones back?

just wondering...
Old 01-25-06, 08:43 AM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they don't offer core program yet..All i can say DON'T INVEST YOUR MONEY IN OEM CONTROL ARMS

If you need to know how to do it, visit this website : www.lexls.com is VERY HELPFUL
Old 01-25-06, 09:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i sent another email to tm engineering so hopefully he will get back

though i am not sure if they have exchange program
Old 01-25-06, 09:50 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i wish TM engineering were in my backyard like some of you fortunate members out there can take advantage of

i know that it seems foolish to buy new oem control arms, but the car is starting to be not so great to drive. i've been following the threads about these bushings for awhile, wondering when my time will come... and it finally has. the car is starting to wander more on the highway and when i brought it in for what i had thought was warped brake rotors turned out to be false. a trip to the alignment shop discovered the cracked bushings... sigh.
Old 01-25-06, 10:00 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXSOOS
I think they don't offer core program yet..All i can say DON'T INVEST YOUR MONEY IN OEM CONTROL ARMS

If you need to know how to do it, visit this website : www.lexls.com is VERY HELPFUL
not having seen GS control arms in great detail, is this procedure for the LS applicable to us GS folk?
Old 01-25-06, 10:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 310 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i sent another email to tm engineering so hopefully he will get back

though i am not sure if they have exchange program
I would very interested in a core exchange program too. Let's start a poll Rom and find enough buyers to have Todd consider it viable enough and do a GB on this.
Old 01-25-06, 11:04 AM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
not having seen GS control arms in great detail, is this procedure for the LS applicable to us GS folk?

I would say yes, LS suspention is alike to our GS (upper and lower control arms) i'm not sure about caster arm, but yeah you can use lexls turtorial as great example
Old 01-25-06, 11:07 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i must be totally blind but all i could find on the daizen site is the control arm bushing kit... i can't find anything for caster arms? unless it's the same thing/included?
Old 01-25-06, 11:29 AM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
i must be totally blind but all i could find on the daizen site is the control arm bushing kit... i can't find anything for caster arms? unless it's the same thing/included?

All bushings are included: Upper & lower control arms, caster arm bushings as well

Their web site doesn't show caster arm bushings on the picture, check my previous thread "i just got my Daizen bushing kit" i've attached picture of all bushings comming as set
Old 01-26-06, 03:29 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Interested too!

Provided shipping is reasonable, I would sign up for a core exchange program. There is too much uncertainty about our local mechanics' expertise here is Singapore.