Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen OEM Sway Bar Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06, 06:23 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, picked them up this evening. gonna put them on this coming weekend!
Old 02-11-06, 06:17 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

installed mine today. noticed that the old oem rubber bushings weren't that bad of shape, but i had to clean out the bracket and the bar a bit due to some of the old rubber residue left on it. so i just scraped it clean and then put on the new daizen bushings. the rears were a bit tougher to put on without a screwdriver prying it open to put it in. once i put them on, torqued everything, and went for a test drive. the difference is not too dramatic, however, i noticed that on some roads that normally would have made my car rock a bit were more stable. i'm gonna have to take it on the freeway where i would normally feel the rocking feelings due to the bad roads and then can come to a conclusion of these bushings. so far, it feels like it does add about 10% more stability.
Old 02-16-06, 11:33 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how much harder is DIY for installing the new entire Daizen Sways instead of just doing the bushings?
Old 02-16-06, 11:56 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
how much harder is DIY for installing the new entire Daizen Sways instead of just doing the bushings?
Only slightly more involved. Obviously the OEM bushing have to be removed, the new sways come with new bushings as well to accomadate the larger diameter. Disconnect the end-links from the OEM sways, remove the OEM sway bars, slide the new sways in place and attached the end-links. On the rear, you need to remove the end-links completely from the car and reverse them before reattaching in order to make things fit properly as the new sways are slightly different in configuration from the OEMs. If you live in a winter weather climate with lots of snow, ice, and salted roads; loosening bolts may be difficult. Cars that live in CA or FL should be easier.
Old 02-16-06, 01:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
yeah a bit more, i really wouldn't say it's that much harder

come on chuck, do it!