Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Konis or Tocikos?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-06, 09:22 PM
tripwire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konis or Tocikos?

iam just utterly confused by all these different threads i plan on using the eibach springs but am up in the air about the shocks, should i get konis or the tocikos? also on 17" TT wheels whats the best size tire on the front? i want to run a 275/40 Nitto drag radial on the back. someone help!!
Old 02-14-06, 01:55 AM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you getting the TT springs/shocks or the sc? The TT's have the tokiko illuminas which are 5 way adjustable in stiffness. Koni's are adjustable too but from what I heard, you have to take off the strut and adjust them (a lot bigger headache). I'd get the tokico's and eibach bitg TT version. Be prepared for a big drop though. Around 2 inches?.
Old 02-14-06, 03:50 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

konis can be adjusted with the strut on if you buy an adjustable set. to adjust the ride height by changing the perch to one of the different settings you will have to remove the shock. I prefer koni since they are a nicer riding, better valved, and more enduring shock, but they do cost quite a bit more. My suggestion is a set of koni yellows since it sounds like the will be getting track time. They are easily tuned for turn-in, launching etc. by the turn of a ****.