Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lexbox Mods II

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-06, 02:25 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default These are pretty cool

The leather badges were added by the dealership. The rear center seat is the only headrest with "Lexus", the rear and front headrests all have "L" badges. Very nice if you ask me.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-100_0355-medium-.jpg  
Old 02-22-06, 02:26 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

The black speedometer bezel just came in. I didnt really like the tan on tan, plus my best friend commented on it too. I will more than likely selectively add black more interior pieces.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-100_0350-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 02-22-06 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-22-06, 02:29 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

And finally, a shot of the car all washed up. I cant wait for the Donz Columbo's.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-100_0372-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 02-22-06 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-22-06, 02:34 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Thank you for all of your kind words.

Originally Posted by LiLS
where u gettin ur donz from
LiLS - You arent crazy. I updated that line after you asked. They are quick to pounce eh? I constantly update and tweak the thread. Everything from grammatical errors to better phrasing.

Originally Posted by noop
looking good, you are hooking the car up pretty quickly..
noop - Yes I am. I am tired of people looking at me in the car like it's my moms or something.

Originally Posted by corkycal
did you have to get an aftermarket toyota harness to tap into your new headunit. where did you get it and was it hard to install. i'm thinking about doing the same but the color coded wires is what's holding me back.
corkycal - I didnt use a harness. I used the PDF file running around and tapped into the stock wires. I soldered all connections and heatshrinked.

Originally Posted by Dx3
Looks awesome man - congrats. Where did you find the black pearl frame and how much was it??
Dx3 - I purchased it from a vendor on Ebay. They are OEM so I hope to be very happy with it.

Last edited by Lexbox; 03-30-06 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-22-06, 03:44 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexbox
The leather badges were added by the dealership. The rear center seat is the only headrest with "Lexus", the rear and front headrests all have "L" badges. Very nice if you ask me.
are these stick ons? sown(sp?) in?
Old 02-22-06, 03:46 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car man!
Old 02-22-06, 05:48 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

smh i knew it wasnt me im not that stupid...
lol
Old 02-22-06, 06:17 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You came in with your school bag filled with goodies Welcome to the GS crew
Old 02-23-06, 12:15 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

holy shat...this reminds me of that IS story post!
Old 02-24-06, 12:18 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default CL Decals

The black CL decals finally came in. On my ES I had them much lower but I wanted to keep them even with the Platinum Edition badge so they had to go higher.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-100_0378-medium-.jpg  
Old 02-24-06, 04:06 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

I like to keep an online list of future mods. So here goes.

On the way:

Large sheet of Bird's Eye Maple to make my own real woodgrain kit ( $13 )
Very nice so far. Engine bay looks nicely detailed as well.

Be careful not to go overboard with the stick on woodgrain. Remember, there is NO OEM woodgrain kit and too many people don't know when to stop and put so much of that stuff in they end up with it everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see woodgrain lenses on the interior lights instead of clear plastic some day! And why the choice of Bird's Eye Maple? The wood trim pieces from the factory are usually Burl Walnut on the GS. I know some of the SC430's with light-colored interiors have Bird's Eye but haven't seen it in the GS. Is that what comes in the Platinum Edition? I've seen the American Stitches wood/leather steering wheel conversions, their work is excellent, that will be a nice interior upgrade. Consider having them add the thumbrests to the wooden portion. Adds a nice extra touch.
Old 02-24-06, 04:11 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The black CL decals finally came in. On my ES I had them much lower but I wanted to keep them even with the Platinum Edition badge so they had to go higher.
Do you have the CL sticker on the C pillar glass on each side of the car? Why on the fenders
Old 02-24-06, 11:13 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXISM
are these stick ons? sown(sp?) in?
They are definitely not sewn into the headrest. They are either stick-on or iron-on.

Originally Posted by DetMich1
Very nice so far. Engine bay looks nicely detailed as well.

Be careful not to go overboard with the stick on woodgrain. Remember, there is NO OEM woodgrain kit and too many people don't know when to stop and put so much of that stuff in they end up with it everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see woodgrain lenses on the interior lights instead of clear plastic some day! And why the choice of Bird's Eye Maple? The wood trim pieces from the factory are usually Burl Walnut on the GS. I know some of the SC430's with light-colored interiors have Bird's Eye but haven't seen it in the GS. Is that what comes in the Platinum Edition? I've seen the American Stitches wood/leather steering wheel conversions, their work is excellent, that will be a nice interior upgrade. Consider having them add the thumbrests to the wooden portion. Adds a nice extra touch.
Yeah I am trying to avoid the cheap plastic woodgrain by ordering sheet of REAL woodgrain. I did in fact choose Bird's Eye Maple because the Platinum Edition has Bird's Eye Maple. I might even swap the black speedometer cluster back out for the tan cluster and put some woodgrain on it. I forgot the name of the clear stuff on top of the woodgrain but my best friend said that it pretty much shapes itself when you pour it. So hopefully it will go smoothly. If not, Im only out $13 including shipping.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Do you have the CL sticker on the C pillar glass on each side of the car? Why on the fenders
I don't have the CL decals on the glass. Considering they are black, I didnt think they would be very visible, especially if I choose to go with dark tint. I know the unofficial spot is on the C pillar glass but I like them on the fenders. I was unsure about them being so high at first when I was planning their placement, but I wanted the center of both the CL decal and Platinum Edition badge to be lined up. And if for some reason I wake up and decide they dont look good anymore, I can always pull them off when the new CL decals are finished.
Old 02-24-06, 07:02 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not feelin' the decal there but as long as you like it, thats what counts
Old 03-09-06, 01:12 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default Sylvania 9005's galore

I put some Silverstars 9005 in the low beams, high beams, and the fog lights. I borrowed the 9006--->9005 mod from the ES forums. The 9005 are about rated 10w higher. The only change that needs to be made for them to work is to shave two tiny plastic pieces off the bulb harness itself. Looks much better now.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-img_0007-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 03-11-06 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexbox Mods II