Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air Ride Suspension: Yes /No?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 11:59 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOTL_ECLPS
antbo -
I am also really interested in putting the air runner system on my car too. How does it handle? On the straight-a-ways and around corners?

thanks
you can tell your on air on a straight away. for bumps and pot holes, you cant tell if you ran them over. its not like a coilover were you get that crazy bounce. i think of it as having stock air suspension with upgraded bigger wheels and low pro tires. turning corners i really dont know. i dont drive my car that fast. i think it can handle well if you just have the dampening at the stiffest setting. i have mine in the middle, so it rides like i had the stock suspension it came with.
Old 03-06-06, 12:26 PM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by antbo
you can tell your on air on a straight away. for bumps and pot holes, you cant tell if you ran them over. its not like a coilover were you get that crazy bounce. i think of it as having stock air suspension with upgraded bigger wheels and low pro tires. turning corners i really dont know. i dont drive my car that fast. i think it can handle well if you just have the dampening at the stiffest setting. i have mine in the middle, so it rides like i had the stock suspension it came with.
now i only became interested in this product about 5 days ago, so i am still compiling search after search investigating it, so far there is no kit better than air runner. Where did you buy your kit from, i don't believe that there are any local retailers in the Knoxville, TN area and i have only found Super Buy Tires online and they want $4500 for it.
Old 03-06-06, 12:46 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TOTL_ECLPS
now i only became interested in this product about 5 days ago, so i am still compiling search after search investigating it, so far there is no kit better than air runner. Where did you buy your kit from, i don't believe that there are any local retailers in the Knoxville, TN area and i have only found Super Buy Tires online and they want $4500 for it.
ypu can call autofashion. its here in san diego though. but its a fully bolt on system. they can give you more info on that.

autofashionusa.com

tell them anthony sent you. hopefully they cn give you a better deal

what might be even better is you can hook up with AutoCoutureSC and can buy your kits together, cause i think he's looking to buy 2 kits. maybe autofashion can hook you guys up if you guys buy all 3 at the same time.

Last edited by antbo; 03-06-06 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-06-06, 04:36 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by antbo
ypu can call autofashion. its here in san diego though. but its a fully bolt on system. they can give you more info on that.

autofashionusa.com

tell them anthony sent you. hopefully they cn give you a better deal

what might be even better is you can hook up with AutoCoutureSC and can buy your kits together, cause i think he's looking to buy 2 kits. maybe autofashion can hook you guys up if you guys buy all 3 at the same time.
antbo.... not yet. I'm trying to get it a lil cheaper than what's advertised on their site right now. And what sucks is that they'll charge me tax. I have 2 guys on board.... and one maybe... but they still will not budge. argh...
Old 03-06-06, 04:58 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Hey Tony how's your project going?
slowly but surely poyet...i'm soo anxious for air you don't even know...
Old 03-06-06, 05:26 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
slowly but surely poyet...i'm soo anxious for air you don't even know...
That's why I knew you were lurking this thread
Old 03-10-06, 01:24 PM
My98-400
Rookie

Well looks like im just going to go with Coil overs, (H&R or TEIN) just not that much info on these systes yet ;(
Old 03-10-06, 02:28 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by My98-400
Well looks like im just going to go with Coil overs, (H&R or TEIN) just not that much info on these systes yet ;(
from your description of your eclipse you like more of performance anyways. i say just go coilovers.

install on airrunner.
it comes with EVERYTHING you need, nothing incomplete. when it comes down to the install. you have to run the lines, figure out were you mount the switches/gauges. run the electrical to the compressor. the struts are just like installing coilovers.
Old 03-23-07, 08:07 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

antbo,

bringing this back from the dead... do you have pics of your airrunner install? ie. plumbing, location of your switchgear and gauges, placement of your compressor and air tank?
Old 03-23-07, 10:24 PM
johnboygs3
Pole Position

To tell you the truth I was goin for performance so I got the tein's flex/edfc but when VIP came out. I'm leaning more for that look but when I try to sell my teins/edfc to get the airrunners nobody didn't wanted my coilovas so I did an add-on. Universal Aero Bags with digital guage setup for like 1700 with labor more. I haven't drove my car yet so I won't kno but I keep you updated. You think I'm crazy for this type of setup??

Last edited by johnboygs3; 03-23-07 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-23-07, 10:32 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Nope it's been done before using HKS coilovers. Ride isn't bad either. Oh but its not my car with it. Just someone I know.
Old 03-24-07, 07:12 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnboygs3
To tell you the truth I was goin for performance so I got the tein's flex/edfc but when VIP came out. I'm leaning more for that look but when I try to sell my teins/edfc to get the airrunners nobody didn't wanted my coilovas so I did an add-on. Universal Aero Bags with digital guage setup for like 1700 with labor more. I haven't drove my car yet so I won't kno but I keep you updated. You think I'm crazy for this type of setup??
john,

is there any online info on your brand?
Old 03-24-07, 10:56 PM
johnboygs3
Pole Position

Yea now remember this is a hybrid system, there's alot of custom work that is needed to be done I highly recommend a professional to do this work for you. I work so I didn't do my system that's what took my project to a delay when the guy to was putting on my setup took soooo long on the rear suspension. He didn't know how to do it cuz all he did was truck! Go figure So I got fed up and ask why he taking so long and wouldn't admit that he was stuck. Long story short I explain it in 5 min instead of 5 month that why I highly recommend somebody who have experience with these system. Tell you the truth I have to redo sum of the work he did. But here's a link to the bags I'm using and I'm so happy the Tein's flex tube fit just right I post it up when my car is done. Goodluck on your research just remember your budget and its endless what you can do to your car.

https://www.universalairsuspension.c...312408e1be5e57

Hey I did some research for you if you have your own coilovas or struts just click this link I think it save you some time. But if you want to go digital it cost you more.

https://www.universalairsuspension.c...312408e1be5e57
Attached Thumbnails Air Ride Suspension: Yes /No?-airbagsetup3.jpg  

Last edited by johnboygs3; 03-25-07 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-26-07, 08:39 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Im running the UAS aero sport up front with new OEM struts and they ride really nice.