Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air Ride Suspension: Yes /No?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-06, 08:33 PM
My98-400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Ride Suspension: Yes /No?

Do you have it? Do you like it? Does it handle well?

I did some searches and found that a few people where looking at which kit to purchase. Im just curious if its worth the $2500 Im not going to take this car to the track, but dont want it to skid out on off ramp.

I would love to be able to drop it to the ground though when I park or etc.

Anyone have any sugestions? Where you got them from, how hard was install, etc etc.. (I put a bigger turbo in my Eclipse, FMIC,full exhaust, SAFC, injectors.etc etc all by myself so I would say that was an 7 on install)

Or was thinking of just getting coil overs.
Old 03-05-06, 08:37 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I think TLW had the air suspension but not sure... PM him he's a very cool kat... Thanks

Tony
Old 03-05-06, 09:26 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by My98-400
Do you have it? Do you like it? Does it handle well?

I did some searches and found that a few people where looking at which kit to purchase. Im just curious if its worth the $2500 Im not going to take this car to the track, but dont want it to skid out on off ramp.

I would love to be able to drop it to the ground though when I park or etc.

Anyone have any sugestions? Where you got them from, how hard was install, etc etc.. (I put a bigger turbo in my Eclipse, FMIC,full exhaust, SAFC, injectors.etc etc all by myself so I would say that was an 7 on install)

Or was thinking of just getting coil overs.

What model air suspension ae you refering to??
Old 03-05-06, 09:32 PM
My98-400
Rookie

Sorry should of put link in first post, the stage III

Click here
Old 03-06-06, 12:21 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

I don't know of anyone with this kit on, but IMO it doesn't even look like a nice kit. No name compressor and no rear strut. I would investigate more on parts they use to see if it's reliable.
Old 03-06-06, 12:24 AM
My98-400
Rookie

Ok thanks for the heads up. I have no idea, just trying to find something out there that would work. I'll keep searching.
Old 03-06-06, 12:50 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by My98-400
Ok thanks for the heads up. I have no idea, just trying to find something out there that would work. I'll keep searching.
Try doing a search on this forum on "air runner", I think this is one of the best system out for our cars.
Old 03-06-06, 12:52 AM
My98-400
Rookie

Thanks
Old 03-06-06, 06:11 AM
Tranman

I was always wondering this about cars who run air ride suspensions...how do you deal with alignment? Do you just have a "riding" height (certain PSI) that you have it aligned at?
Old 03-06-06, 08:50 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by Tranman
I was always wondering this about cars who run air ride suspensions...how do you deal with alignment? Do you just have a "riding" height (certain PSI) that you have it aligned at?
Yup, you have to get it aligned at a specific height that you would want to ride at all the time.
Old 03-06-06, 11:18 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that setup sucks. my friend has that setup for his expedition. hes had problems with parts and customer service. when he dumps it, it doesnt even tuck his tires. he's on 22's.

i have air runner in my car and its the ISH!!! compared to a cheap setup i had before in a different car i had. it is basically a kyb shock 4 way adjustable dampener. in replace of a spring or coilover spring its an air bag. it rides REALLY well. ive had no problems what so ever, ever since its been installed, its been 6 months. its pricey, but you know that saying "you pay for what you get" and you get a REALLY good ride.
Old 03-06-06, 11:19 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by antbo
that setup sucks. my friend has that setup for his expedition. hes had problems with parts and customer service. when he dumps it, it doesnt even tuck his tires. he's on 22's.

i have air runner in my car and its the ISH!!! compared to a cheap setup i had nefore in a different car. it is basically a kyb shock 4 way adjustable dampener. in replace of a spring or coilover spring its an air bag. it rides REALLY well. ive had no problems what so ever, ever since its been installed. its pricey, but you know that saying "you pay for what you get" and you get a REaLLY good ride.
antbo!
i need two sets of Air Runners!!! hook it up!!
Old 03-06-06, 11:22 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Hey Tony how's your project going?
Old 03-06-06, 11:36 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
antbo!
i need two sets of Air Runners!!! hook it up!!
hahahha!!!! i thought you would have your air runners by now. what happened with autofashion??
Old 03-06-06, 11:36 AM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by antbo

i have air runner in my car and its the ISH!!! compared to a cheap setup i had before in a different car i had. it is basically a kyb shock 4 way adjustable dampener. in replace of a spring or coilover spring its an air bag. it rides REALLY well. ive had no problems what so ever, ever since its been installed, its been 6 months. its pricey, but you know that saying "you pay for what you get" and you get a REALLY good ride.
antbo -
I am also really interested in putting the air runner system on my car too. How does it handle? On the straight-a-ways and around corners?

thanks

Quick Reply: Air Ride Suspension: Yes /No?