Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

[pics] Lowering: Stock vs SC Eibach vs Supra Eibach

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 10:37 AM
blange400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped SC

To me, the ride on mine (Eibach/Tokico) is still Lexus until you hit a sharp dip or bridge lip. Then you know your tigher. The bonus is you can flat turn & burn. I get off ramps with enough g's to slide my *** off the seat. I can get on the freeway cloverleaf on ramp at full romp..man thats fun.
800 mile days are no big deal.
Cheers
Old 03-19-06, 12:31 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I run supra intrax on my car on all 4 corners.... makes the tires tuck. Rides like stated above
Old 04-18-06, 12:43 PM
Rigger
Driver School Candidate

To run supra eibachs I must also use Supra shocks as well right ?

Thanks
Old 04-18-06, 12:46 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 331 Likes on 238 Posts

YEs, to use any Supra spring you must use Supra struts, the SC struts are not the right length.
Old 04-18-06, 12:49 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
YEs, to use any Supra spring you must use Supra struts, the SC struts are not the right length.
also from a psysical standpoint, supra springs just wont fit on lexus rear struts, different dia. Front supra springs "fit" fine on lexus front struts.
Old 04-24-06, 03:17 PM
maddis85
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

i want to order espiler shocks as well as tokico struts, but I want to know what site people use to order theirs. any recommendations??

Last edited by maddis85; 04-24-06 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-24-06, 06:52 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

I have been running on Eibachs and tokico's for what has now been one year...

Positives - Outstanding handling, great lowered 1" look, pretty blue look, and the price.....

Negatives - You will lose half your suspension clearance, so in laymans terms if you hit a good dip you will bottom out.. You may experience drift in your wheel while driving on the freeway...That basically is when you are steering straight ahead the car will drift at times to one side or another and you will have to steer to correct, but only on the freeway and it is only minor......

My advice - I would say get the Eibachs over stock until you can afford some nice Tein coilovers......

Here is a pic of the Eibach springs and Tokico shocks.....
Attached Thumbnails [pics] Lowering: Stock vs SC Eibach vs Supra Eibach-hpim0361.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 04-24-06 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-24-06, 07:04 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jibbby
I have been running on Eibachs and tokico's for what has now been one year...

Positives - Outstanding handling, great lowered 1" look, pretty blue look, and the price.....

Negatives - You will lose half your suspension clearance, so in laymans terms if you hit a good dip you will bottom out.. You may experience drift in your wheel while driving on the freeway...That basically is when you are steering straight ahead the car will drift at times to one side or another and you will have to steer to correct, but only on the freeway and it is only minor......

My advice - I would say get the Eibachs over stock until you can afford some nice Tein coilovers......

Here is a pic of the Eibach springs and Tokico shocks.....
I am lowered on the Espelir's and Tokico's, nearly double the drop of the Eibach. I haven't bottomed out on anything yet, and I climb steep drives and hit dips quite often in NY.
Old 04-24-06, 07:14 PM
jibbby

I am not familiar with the Espelir's and perhaps they are better then the Eibach's I do not know... What I do know is normal dips I will not bottom but big ones I will... It is more like a 2" drop then 1" also.... Also I find it very hard to believe any other setup will out handle the Eibachs/Tokico setup... Handles increadible with 18"s with low profile tires. This is a pic of the ground clearance and it rides low and stiff....
Attached Thumbnails [pics] Lowering: Stock vs SC Eibach vs Supra Eibach-hpim0365.jpg  
Old 04-24-06, 07:16 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

I am not familiar with the Espelir's and perhaps they are better then the Eibach's I do not know... What I do know is normal dips I will not bottom but big ones I will... It is more like a 2" drop then 1" also.... Also I find it very hard to believe any other setup will out handle the Eibachs/Tokico setup... Handles increadible with 18"s with low profile tires. This is a pic of the ground clearance and it rides low and stiff....
You are sitting at that height on SC Eibachs? Dang....That *looks* lower than the Espelir's that I have, unless those are Supra Eibachs?

HEre's the best pic I have of my Espelir setup, Jibbby are you sitting lower than this? (I am on 17's btw)

Last edited by np20412; 04-24-06 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-25-06, 09:13 AM
jibbby

Yeah probably 1" lower then yours as I am running 18"s on 235's....... Going up driveways I scrap the front spoiler all the time, I need to be careful.... These are SC Eibachs I am running on but it is more like a 2" drop.. The 1" drop that EIbach claims is very conservative....
Attached Thumbnails [pics] Lowering: Stock vs SC Eibach vs Supra Eibach-hpim0316.jpg  
Old 04-25-06, 02:29 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah probably 1" lower then yours as I am running 18"s on 235's....... Going up driveways I scrap the front spoiler all the time, I need to be careful.... These are SC Eibachs I am running on but it is more like a 2" drop.. The 1" drop that EIbach claims is very conservative....
We are probably at the same height then, the Espelir's claim 1.6" drop but its closer to 2".

Most guys with SC Eibachs aren't sitting quite as low as you do, maybe the drop with Tokico's goes lower than Eibach on stock struts?
Old 04-25-06, 06:08 PM
jibbby

I am planning on dumping my Eibachs soon and going with the Tein Flex coilovers when and if the deal presents itself on Ebay. You probably already know these coilovers are not cheap. $1000 if your lucky is what a new set will cost you...So for now the Eibachs will be fine..However I do think the Eibachs will out perform the coilovers in handling, so the coilovers are not a rush priority for me...

NYlex- Are you completely satisfied with your Espelir springs? You say you do not bottom out easy but I dont see how much better the spring rate can get between the two... Anyway do you experience wheel drift on the freeway?

I also forgot to mention I recently replaced my front lower control arms with the brand new Supra TT control arms and OEM bushings. I am sure that has alot to do with the way my car handles in comparison to other SC's..So my car may not be a good example for the SC Eibach comparisons..

Last edited by jibbby; 04-25-06 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-25-06, 06:29 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

I am planning on dumping my Eibachs soon and going with the Tein Flex coilovers when and if the deal presents itself on Ebay. You probably already know these coilovers are not cheap. $1000 if your lucky is what a new set will cost you...So for now the Eibachs will be fine..However I do think the Eibachs will out perform the coilovers in handling, so the coilovers are not a rush priority for me...

NYlex- Are you completely satisfied with your Espelir springs? You say you do not bottom out easy but I dont see how much better the spring rate can get between the two... Anyway do you experience wheel drift on the freeway?

I also forgot to mention I recently replaced my front lower control arms with the brand new Supra TT control arms and OEM bushings. I am sure that has alot to do with the way my car handles in comparison to other SC's..So my car may not be a good example for the SC Eibach's comparisons..

I don't bottom out ANYWHERE, and I've hit some BIG bumps. Only once have I scraped anything, and that was my rear exhaust tip while pulling out of the Lexus dealership. I do get a little bit of drift, but I also have not had an alignment done yet since I lowered the car. And yes, I am OVERLY satisfied with my setup. Ride is stiffer, but not that much stiffer than OEM, still a luxurious ride.
Old 04-25-06, 06:33 PM
jibbby

Well then with all that being said I would say the Eibachs are designed strickly for performance and very little luxury, and the Espelir springs are designed more for the combination of Luxury and performance... That would be my take on the two....

Also new Supra front lower control arms and bushings also stiffened things alot. on the SC's.. That swap is great for improved handling too...

Last edited by jibbby; 04-25-06 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: [pics] Lowering: Stock vs SC Eibach vs Supra Eibach