Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Body kit on stock suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-06, 12:15 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Body kit on stock suspension?

Hi guys, i'm new here. I was wondering if it would look funny if i just got 18's and JIC Magic body kit on the SC300. All the car i've own before are lowered, with this SC i kinda want the same smoothness of a stock suspension.

So what do ya think? would it look funny with the rims and body kit or should i drop it? and what kinda setup do you think i should go with to keep my ride as smooth as possible?
Old 03-16-06, 12:30 PM
SCSpeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by ib_jimmy
Hi guys, i'm new here. I was wondering if it would look funny if i just got 18's and JIC Magic body kit on the SC300. All the car i've own before are lowered, with this SC i kinda want the same smoothness of a stock suspension.

So what do ya think? would it look funny with the rims and body kit or should i drop it? and what kinda setup do you think i should go with to keep my ride as smooth as possible?
I hope you don't get offended but it'll look very odd without lowering it. I always think that's a "wannabe car". As I said, don't you get offended because that's what I really think when I see that kind of car, or even a car with big custom wheels but has no performance suspensions. The big fender gap makes the car way ugly. I prefer to stay with stock wheels or no body kit if I don't get it lowered.
Old 03-16-06, 12:50 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

Well all the car i've own before are always lowered...my last car was a 97 Acura 3.0CL with a 2.5" drop. it ride pretty good but not as smooth as stock even with the KYB AGX set on softest. I just wanna keep the smoothness and not wear out my tires unevenly. the Acura was recently in a accident and the bumper we never pushed in causing the hood, grill, headlights, radiator and radiator support to be damage. if the car wasn't lowered it would of just a few sratch mark on the bumper only. I was hoping the SC with 18's and a body kit would make it look lower and fill in the gap without really lowering it.

But if u guy think i should lower it. what do ya recommend? i want something that as smooth or smoother ride than the stock, but would mess up the camber and not too noisy.
Old 03-16-06, 12:59 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Before you were into Honda's, now you're in the Toyota/Lexus world. We have something called Tein CS. Get it for extreme luxury ride or don't get your body kit at all. Period.
Old 03-16-06, 01:10 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 363 Likes on 251 Posts

Don't put a body kit on a what will be 4x4 if you don't lower it. It will look wretched, I have seen it on an SC. Saw a full Bomex on an SC that was not lowered, looked absolutely terrible.
Old 03-16-06, 01:23 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Before you were into Honda's, now you're in the Toyota/Lexus world. We have something called Tein CS. Get it for extreme luxury ride or don't get your body kit at all. Period.
yeah i was looking at getting the Tein CS, how do they ride? real smooth?

they have Tein CS for the 94-97 accord which fit the Acura CL, i just got my Nuespeed Sports and KYB AGX setup way before they came out with the Tein CS and never had the chance to upgraded it.

Hows does Eibach with KYB setup ride?
Old 03-16-06, 01:30 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

how low should i go without having to get a camber kit?
Old 03-16-06, 01:54 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a ton of questions that we've answered millions of times before...please try using the search feature for some of these inquiries

And DO NOT put a body kit on your car if it's not lowered. Don't do it. You'll look like a tool. Lower the car first and leave the damn body kits until last. You shouldn't even be thinking about a body kit until you've upgraded your suspension!
Old 03-16-06, 02:29 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
You have a ton of questions that we've answered millions of times before...please try using the search feature for some of these inquiries

And DO NOT put a body kit on your car if it's not lowered. Don't do it. You'll look like a tool. Lower the car first and leave the damn body kits until last. You shouldn't even be thinking about a body kit until you've upgraded your suspension!
told my gf that if i get a lexus or a suv, that i wouldnt lower it. but its a must now. thanks guy!
Old 03-16-06, 02:33 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

well just get bigger wheels.. and then lower at the same time u put the new wheels on. and say that you didnt lower it, the bigger wheels just filled in the gap... lol she will never ever know.
Old 03-17-06, 07:04 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hahah. funny guy
Old 03-17-06, 08:21 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Get wheels and suspension before you get a body kit and make yourself look bad.
Old 03-17-06, 10:11 PM
dchesanek
Rookie

Someone clear this up since I'm sooooo confused. If you go to an 18" wheel with 245/40 tires the diameter would be the same as the stock 16's wheels/tires. How would that leave a bigger gap?
Old 03-19-06, 08:32 AM
CyberSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock body + lowered is better than kitted at stock height. Larger wheels plus a small drop (say 1") will take away the 4x4 look. Adding a kit after that would look good and still give you decent ground clearance. I believe your options are SC Eibach or SC Tanabe springs. KYB/Tokico shocks will firm the ride noticeably. So use your stock shocks to keep more of the comfy ride.
Old 03-20-06, 12:01 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

Originally Posted by CyberSC4
Stock body + lowered is better than kitted at stock height. Larger wheels plus a small drop (say 1") will take away the 4x4 look. Adding a kit after that would look good and still give you decent ground clearance. I believe your options are SC Eibach or SC Tanabe springs. KYB/Tokico shocks will firm the ride noticeably. So use your stock shocks to keep more of the comfy ride.
so ya think eibach pro-kit (1" drop) and stock shocks/struts would ride like stock? See my gf wont noticed a 1" drop or maybe 1.5" drop, but she would noticed the car not driving smoothly. i dont wanna go too low cuz i might have problem with claiming the drive way, rubbing tires when turning, uneven tires wear, and if i put on a body kit in the future i dont wanna to break on me. Dallas got some bad roads.

Quick Reply: Body kit on stock suspension?