Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-06, 04:10 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Help!

I just ordered the Daizen Control Arm Bushing Kit and the Daizen Sway Bar Bushing Kit (OE) (both from lexus-parts.com) and I was wondering...

for the control arm kit: i know it comes with upper/lower/castor arm bushings for both driver and passenger sides, is that all? (i ask this because lexus says i have upper/lower control arms on the front and rear of my car??)

for the sway bar kit: it comes with just the front/rear sway bushings, correct?

also, i was quoted from the lexus dealership that the install on all my bushings will cost me $2,280 + tax and other fees... which is just outrageous

should I look around for different shops? what do I do? what's the average cost on bushings install?

thanks
Old 03-29-06, 05:11 PM
gawd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kharizma
I just ordered the Daizen Control Arm Bushing Kit and the Daizen Sway Bar Bushing Kit (OE) (both from lexus-parts.com) and I was wondering..

also, i was quoted from the lexus dealership that the install on all my bushings will cost me $2,280 + tax and other fees... which is just outrageous

should I look around for different shops? what do I do? what's the average cost on bushings install?

thanks

Wow, that's high. I got a relatively good deal at 350.00 instaleld for the bushings and had the tie rods/ball joints replaced at the same time. Took 6 hrs in labor and well worth the wait... Defintely shop around for the best price.
Old 03-29-06, 05:21 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

350 is a fantastic price for labor..... i dont know who would do that around here... its alot of work to change out those bushings.... I know some guys who would prefer swapping out engines.
Old 03-29-06, 05:23 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kharizma
I just ordered the Daizen Control Arm Bushing Kit and the Daizen Sway Bar Bushing Kit (OE) (both from lexus-parts.com) and I was wondering...

for the control arm kit: i know it comes with upper/lower/castor arm bushings for both driver and passenger sides, is that all? (i ask this because lexus says i have upper/lower control arms on the front and rear of my car??)

for the sway bar kit: it comes with just the front/rear sway bushings, correct?

thanks
Get out of here J/K

Daizen bushing kit comes for front suspention only, Daizen sway bar kit comes for both front/rear.
over 2K for installation, you better send me $500.00 so i can get mine done this saturday J/K as well

This is way too much man, you should be able to do it all for about 500-600 bucks at the most, look for performance shop in your area or any other auto shops, but not like midas or other franchise shops, they will rip you off BIG TIME
Old 03-29-06, 05:38 PM
ginjuice
Driver

Kharizma.......nice set-up...let me know the how the car handles after the installation.....
Old 03-29-06, 05:49 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gawd
Wow, that's high. I got a relatively good deal at 350.00 instaleld for the bushings and had the tie rods/ball joints replaced at the same time. Took 6 hrs in labor and well worth the wait... Defintely shop around for the best price.
Man, where in Texas did you get this done at for that price? I would drive most anywhere in the state for that price.
Old 03-29-06, 05:56 PM
gawd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Man, where in Texas did you get this done at for that price? I would drive most anywhere in the state for that price.
It was a local shop down here in Houston, they've done the majority of my supsension work ( shocks/springs/ sways) and I'm fairly comfotable with them working on the car. Actually, it's fairly simple if you have a torch and hydraulic press. PM me if you're coming down this way.
Old 03-29-06, 06:39 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

yeah, i'm not goin' to lexus to have the bushings done, lol i'd be retarded :-X anyways, i found a machine shop that's going to do it for me. altogether i'm doing the following:

replace ball joints (driver/passenger)
replace outer tie rods (driver/passenger)
install daizen sway bar bushings (oe) (front/rear)
install daizen uppper/lower control arm, castor arm bushings (driver/passenger)

power flush & refill the following:
transmission fluid - amsoil synthetic
power-steering fluid - amsoil synthetic
brake fluid - motol rbf600
coolant - toyota red
differential fluid - royal purple 75w90

i might also get some springs installed - tanabe nf210's, i think the price is gonna be somewhere around $500 for all that including the price of the fluids and such.

does anyone know where i can get those fluids? i hope i can find them because i heard they're the best.
Old 03-29-06, 10:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

2000 bucks that's retarded to say the least..... i say pay 600 bucks for labor for everyone is just about the max you should pay
Old 04-22-06, 06:29 AM
CareyPJ
Rookie

Our Lexus dealer quoted $1,200+ to replace the shocks & springs and install the daizen front control arm bushings. The mechanic was kind enough to recommend some other shops that could get the job done cheaper. I imagine they also wanted to replace the entire control arms rather spend time pressing the bushings into place.

We paid $300 to have the S&S replaced, $35 to replace the sway-bar bushings, & deferred the 6 hours to have the control-arm buhsing installed. After a $50 alignment, we are almost finished.

On the drive home, the VSC starting kicking in, so we may have some bonus issues to correct. I'm going to reset the ECU, before having the mechanic check the speed sensors.

Always a few gotchas when dealing with these sensitive components.
Old 04-22-06, 08:53 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since you're in colorado - i'd drive over to LA in California to see Todd @ TM Engineering. I know it sounds crazy but he also sells the Daizen sway bars that would be better than just replacing the bushings for the sway bars and he does EXCELLENT work. I just had him do a ton of work on my car and everything came out perfect.
Old 04-24-06, 10:13 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

hey gawd what shop was this in town?