Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Sways & Bushing Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 04:23 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXSOOS
Yes Rominl, there is big improvement betwen Daizen kit and OEM bushings, and i haven't installed lower control arm bushings yet.

There is something i'm concerned about, Upper control arm ''Daizen'' bushing inner sleve diameter is not matching OEM bolt size, in fact it is to big, causing movement which is not acceptable.

I would like to ask Todd "TM ENGINEERING" what is his expirience with it.

Maybe i just got wrong set for '01+, i'm not sure, mine is '00

Rominl, do you have an idea whats the diffrence betwen 98-00 and 01+ Daizen bushing kit?
The sleeves might have a little more play in them, but once they are tightened down they don't move. If anything, a little more play makes them easier to install, since you don't have to line them up 1000000% correct to get the bolt in. In a situation like this, every little bit helps to keep you from going insane!

If you think it's that bad you can always go to a machine shop and have some custom sleeves made, probably cost you like 100-200 bucks for the time they will waste on it.
Old 04-18-06, 04:24 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redgs4
Sorry - had a bunch of work done and I did not pay attention to the pricing break down. Just shake my head and hand over the plastic.
Hey ummm I have some stuff you need to buy too
Old 04-18-06, 05:17 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleWhoosh
The sleeves might have a little more play in them, but once they are tightened down they don't move. If anything, a little more play makes them easier to install, since you don't have to line them up 1000000% correct to get the bolt in. In a situation like this, every little bit helps to keep you from going insane!

If you think it's that bad you can always go to a machine shop and have some custom sleeves made, probably cost you like 100-200 bucks for the time they will waste on it.
Todd, i agree that little play makes installation easier

As long as you're convinced that "once they are tightened down they don't move" it's all good. You have much more expirience with Daizen bushings being installed than me, my point was to make sure that bushings i bought are right for my vehicle. Working on my own car arised question if everything is fine coz i had a feeling that something is not . You know that it never hurts to ask especially someone who have done it many, many times.

Thank's for your reply on this one

P.S. Did you ever had any problems removing lower control arm bolt? I was unable to replace lower control arm bushings due to rusty bolts, i guess. Is the LCA bushing hardest part to replace of all? I would appreciate if you can answer LCA questions

- Jake
Old 04-18-06, 10:41 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoubleWhoosh
Hey ummm I have some stuff you need to buy too
If I were down south, it would be you getting all my money.
Old 04-18-06, 10:59 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suspension work done.
Headers Installed.
Sunny Days and Dry Roads.
Trying to get to work and back without a ticket.

Last couple of days have been fun. Been taking corners a bit faster than usual. Been applying a bit more throttle than usual. Been having a heck of a lot of fun.

Sways & Bushings: Overall handling seems tighter (taut without being brutal). Transitions are better controlled. Getting used to the change in pitch of the noise transmitted into the cabin - hardly notice it now. No squeaks.

Headers: No big increase in noise - did notice that the roar is a bit deeper in the mid RPM. Feels like there is more lower RPM torque but hard to quantify. Smooth power through-out the RPM range and AF ratio is good without any adjustment.

Old 04-19-06, 12:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by redgs4
Suspension work done.
Headers Installed.
Sunny Days and Dry Roads.
Trying to get to work and back without a ticket.

Last couple of days have been fun. Been taking corners a bit faster than usual. Been applying a bit more throttle than usual. Been having a heck of a lot of fun.

Sways & Bushings: Overall handling seems tighter (taut without being brutal). Transitions are better controlled. Getting used to the change in pitch of the noise transmitted into the cabin - hardly notice it now. No squeaks.

Headers: No big increase in noise - did notice that the roar is a bit deeper in the mid RPM. Feels like there is more lower RPM torque but hard to quantify. Smooth power through-out the RPM range and AF ratio is good without any adjustment.

very nice, chris. weather is indeed much better these days, seems like you are having fun with your "new" car