Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Your experience with Eibach Pro Kit on stock shocks.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-06, 10:35 AM
scsrock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Your experience with Eibach Pro Kit on stock shocks.

Please tell your experience riding on Eibach Pro Kit springs with stock shocks. How lower ( always 1", or is it lower over time)? A lot stiffer? Tire wear? Doing alignment more often? Still feel secured on curves? ...
Old 05-04-06, 05:38 PM
slo86
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eibach springs suck *** with both oem and tokico blue shocks. rubs while cornering and hard braking.
Old 05-05-06, 12:05 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

If you want the look, go for the eibachs. If you're performance orientated, then I would go another route.

Eibachs on stock shocks will eventually lead to strut failure.
Old 05-05-06, 02:53 AM
ISC400
Pole Position

Supra TT eibachs and TT KYB AGXs and a cheap strut bar made a world of diffrance for my sc4 handiling is great!! and the drop was perfect too.
Old 05-14-06, 02:44 PM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slo86
eibach springs suck *** with both oem and tokico blue shocks. rubs while cornering and hard braking.
Well what are they good with? I have tokico blue and eibachs, not loving it, but its not horrible and I dont rub.
Old 05-14-06, 03:45 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

I LOVE my setup.... Great ride, good handling, awesome look!

Read sig for setup
Old 05-14-06, 04:51 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the low end performance shocks (including tokico blues) and stockers in general are going to be horrible. many people buy the stock ride styled shocks for comfort but in reality the closer the shocks are matched to your spring rates the better the ride will be. i suggest the agx's or koni yellows for the best comfort as they are adjustable and are known to have settings that match common spring rate increments.
Old 05-14-06, 06:57 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I've Eibachs and Tokico blues and I like the way feels.
Old 05-14-06, 10:45 PM
slo86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sourcemine
Well what are they good with? I have tokico blue and eibachs, not loving it, but its not horrible and I dont rub.
eibachs might be ok with short stroke shocks with better valving. with tokico/eibach, everything else stock, there is way too much suspension travel. swaybars would help though.
Old 05-16-06, 07:24 AM
scsrock
Pole Position

Thanks for all comments.

I want at least 1" drop at the same time a comfortable ride, close to stock ride, because my 10-month babygirl will be in the back seat everyday for 10 minutes Tanabe has nice review, but they don't drop much (especially for lighter SC300). Perhaps, I will go with Espelir, and new shocks at the same time as vipsoarer suggested. I had to do some research at "intellexual.net" to know about "swaybar" that slo86 mentioned . This is from intellexual.net : "Daizen sway bars made for the Lexus SC are the stiffest replacement option offering the thickest bar and polyurethane bushings".

So the combination I come up for now:

Espelir ASD
agx's or koni yellows shocks (which ones are better?)
Daizen sway bars

I personally think that shorter shocks will work better with lower springs, resulting more comfortable ride and stiffer handling, because the shocks will not be compressed all the time (because of the shorter springs). But I couldn't find out if the new shocks will be shorter than the OEM shocks.
Old 05-16-06, 07:27 AM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

i just use eibach pros and kyb agx shocks (for the supra). it dropped the car a healthy amount, got rid of a lot of roll but there is still quite a bit in the car. ride is much improved and i like the simple adjustability since i see no need for my car at this moment to have a set of coilovers on it.

since you have a kid i think this may work. the 2nd setting on that shock gives the car a very stock ride IMO. the 1st setting probably even softer but i havent tried how it feels thru an entire day. 3rd is a good mix but noticably tougher to drive around. 4th, ive only played with it at autox events as i think itd be too rough and unnecassary on the streets.

Last edited by RaynArt; 05-16-06 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-16-06, 07:52 AM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Eibach / Tokico

I've got the Tokico Blues and Eibachs and although the car looks much better lowered...I think the ride is way too harsh! I can throw it in a corner and it will do some amazing things. At 110-130mph it is exceptional but that doesn't happen very often. I should have discovered the CL forums sooner and did more research. I would like to do some coilovers or some adjustable KYB's and see what happens. You get what ya pay for.
Old 05-16-06, 09:19 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

remember guys that adding stiffer/thicker sway bars will also increase the harshness of the ride. they work in conjunction to produce the ultimate handling so finding a soft spring/shock combo with some stiff sways may make for a pretty jarring ride also... just something to keep in mind
Old 05-16-06, 12:52 PM
scsrock
Pole Position

Are you guys talking about these shocks?

http://www.******************.com/pe...=441&year=1994

Are they adjustable? Do they eliminate camber issue? (I don't know if camber issue has anything to do with shocks anyway). I was supprised at the price (thought it costs much more).
Don't know why but I kinda hesitate to use Supra parts ... although many people support Supra suspension setup.
Thanks!

So the list now:

Espelir ASD springs
KYB GR2 shocks (why these are better than stock shocks? Are they adjustable?)
OEM Spring Isolator pads

(Swaybars are removed)
Old 05-16-06, 05:42 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

i used to have gr2's, not adjustable. for me i was talkin about

http://www.coximport.com/store/agx-100006

actual shocks are adjustable at the top, not the sides.

Quick Reply: Your experience with Eibach Pro Kit on stock shocks.