Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best springs out currently?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 04:53 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best springs out currently?

I am about to receive my IS350 here in the next month or two and I think i might order a few things soon that way I can have them when I receive it. One thing is springs. I have a LUXURY IS350, so keep that in mind. All these threads about the lowering, is this for the sport or for the lux? I would like for it to be as low as possible without rubbing. I plan on puttin 19s on it as well in the late summer maybe. I like the DF210 tanabes that someone has a thread up about (GS430 springs), but not sure I like the rear to be that low (seems to be little lower in rear than front). So I was maybe thinking the new NF210 springs they came out with for the IS.

Any ideas? Who else has springs out right now? Ive heard that Eibach has a kit out. . . correct?
Old 05-04-06, 05:03 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no "best" spring out there. It's all personal preference.

I also don't think it matters if you have a Luxury or Sport package car. It will all lower the car the same and give the same performance.

So far, Like you mentioned, Tanabe has their springs out. Eibach also has their Pro Kit & JIC Coilovers are all currently for sale.

TEIN will soon release their HTECH, STECH, and SS Coilovers. H&R will release their Sport Springs I heard.

If you want a raked drop, I say you look into Eibach & TEIN.

If you want the "perfect" drop for your tastes, Coilovers is the way to go.
Old 05-04-06, 05:09 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

yeah that was some bad wording on my part . . . sorry

Also on the measurements i was talking about how they same 1" drop in front and .8" drop in rear. . . is that referring to the Sport or the Lux? That was my question.

Yeah I like to have the front fender gap just as low as the rear . . . i dont like the rear to seem lower that the front. It seems Tanabe lowers the front .8 and the back 1" (NF), where as the pro kit from eibach lowers the front 1" and the rear .8".

Id really like something just like Varok (sp? sorry) with his DF springs from tanabe, except a tad higher in the back (maybe 1/2 inch if that), to give it more of a raked look. I dont want to be too picky though, I dont want to have to spend 1500 chucks on coilovers. HOPE not atleast haha
Old 05-04-06, 05:25 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by mwaull
yeah that was some bad wording on my part . . . sorry

Also on the measurements i was talking about how they same 1" drop in front and .8" drop in rear. . . is that referring to the Sport or the Lux? That was my question.

Yeah I like to have the front fender gap just as low as the rear . . . i dont like the rear to seem lower that the front. It seems Tanabe lowers the front .8 and the back 1" (NF), where as the pro kit from eibach lowers the front 1" and the rear .8".

Id really like something just like Varok (sp? sorry) with his DF springs from tanabe, except a tad higher in the back (maybe 1/2 inch if that), to give it more of a raked look. I dont want to be too picky though, I dont want to have to spend 1500 chucks on coilovers. HOPE not atleast haha
Good question. But I believe that all the companies try to get a Luxury or Standard IS, They try to base their measurements from the standard suspension, not a optional more performance oriented suspension.

I think your best bet is, the Eibach Pro Kit, which is available now, or wait for the TEIN STECH.
Old 05-04-06, 05:30 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
Good question. But I believe that all the companies try to get a Luxury or Standard IS, They try to base their measurements from the standard suspension, not a optional more performance oriented suspension.

I think your best bet is, the Eibach Pro Kit, which is available now, or wait for the TEIN STECH.

coilvers are worth it.. well i dunno baout 1500 but yeah.. get the ss when it comes out if you want descent coils. IMO i will never go back to springs.. i had eibach sportline on my accord and they were ok at first but after like 2 yrs. it just sucks.. it becomes a lower bouncy car
Old 05-04-06, 05:40 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by ihkskim
coilvers are worth it.. well i dunno baout 1500 but yeah.. get the ss when it comes out if you want descent coils. IMO i will never go back to springs.. i had eibach sportline on my accord and they were ok at first but after like 2 yrs. it just sucks.. it becomes a lower bouncy car
Forget Coilovers! Let's get some AIRRUNNER!

Yeah, I'm all for coilovers. It's worth the money.
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

how good is the ride quality on coilovers? Say for the same amount of lowering . . . would it be a big difference?
twkid84
Pole Position

I am going with TEIN SS when it comes out
just seemed to be the best choice all around
Old 05-04-06, 06:20 PM
keeeeez
Pole Position

I bought the TanabeDF210 but I'm returning them. After seeing the Tanabe on 2 separate IS350s in person (2 of them in the Battle of the 350's Photoshoot) and thinking about it for a night, the Tanabe looks a little too agressive for my taste; how low is too low??? That's really up to you.

So I ordered the Eibach Pro Kit, just based on the pics that I've seen here. Even though I have the Sport Package, and people say that it's not gonna do anything for me, I have to see it for myself, I suppose.
Old 05-04-06, 10:18 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be waiting for the Tein's also. Still undecided about the s or the h-tech but they drop the front more than the rear, which should even out the gaps (since the front gap is bigger at stock height.)

The Tanabe would be a good way to go but they actually lower the rear more than the front so the difference in gap would grow.

Eibachs are progressive rate springs IIRC. Great for highway comfort but not great for any work in the twisties.
Old 05-04-06, 11:26 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

yeah I really like the front to be dropped more than the rear. . . I think something like a 2" in front and 1.75" in rear would be perfect!
Old 05-05-06, 04:21 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

^^with 19's? lol yea right. you'll probably have a rub issue somewhere (front) with that setup. yes coilovers are worth it...you can adjust your ride quality and ride height! mwaull i think you should get your wheels/tires on first so you can figure out how much space you actually ahve to drop.
Old 05-05-06, 06:29 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by uschardcor
^^with 19's? lol yea right. you'll probably have a rub issue somewhere (front) with that setup. yes coilovers are worth it...you can adjust your ride quality and ride height! mwaull i think you should get your wheels/tires on first so you can figure out how much space you actually ahve to drop.
That is what I had thought too but actually Varok and R6z9R (sp?) both have 19s with the Tanabe DF210s (lower about 1.8-2") and they have told me they do not see any rubbing issues. Even with 2 passengers in the rear . . .

I am starting to lean towards coilovers though as well because of the fact I want a certain lowered right height but want to keep a very smooth ride (as much as possible). I dont know though we will see . . .
Old 05-05-06, 07:26 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i would recommend to get adjustable shocks/struts with a new set of springs if you dont want a bad ride, or a set of coilovers which will have everything
Old 05-05-06, 07:44 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

not only do coilovers look cooler, they offer a lot of adjustability and you don't ever wish u hadn't bought t hem, cause you can just change them around! better to put money to coilovers than wheels/tires

Quick Reply: Best springs out currently?