Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Reducing Wheel hop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-08, 11:42 AM
2jznat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimmig13
More often than not those aftermarket arms are just lighter with stiffer bushings. Lighter arms aren't going to do much to affect wheel hope, and if it's the bushings in your control arms that are causing your wheel hop you've got much bigger issues, and have probably already caused alot of damage. I haven't gotten to play with an SC300 yet, but IRS will ALWAYS be prone to wheel hope that's just the nature of the beast. Some of the best ways to reduce it are stiffer dampers(edit for clarification: NOT stiffer springs, those make hope worse, stiffer dampers make it better , followed by subframe bushings. My 240 launches hard when it hooks and when I do break them loose I still get some hop, but my urethane sub-frame bushings all but stopped it for me.
you are the man, mine was the front sub-frame bushings on both sides
Old 03-03-08, 09:53 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gunnar
Look into the Megan Racing traction bars. A guy on SupraForums said it helped a lot with his wheel hop issues. I have a set on my car now, but it hasn't come down off of the jackstands yet to be able to give a good review. The car will have 3.76 gears and LSD as well, so hopefully it comes out pretty good without hopping itself to death.
Any updates yet Gunnar-?
Ive had some pretty nasty wheelhop as well since my Na-T build. So i plan on picking up those Energy swaybar bushings that Scoupe mentioned. But im also heavily considering those traction rods as well.....
BTW I think this is probably the thread you are referring to?
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=475134
Old 03-04-08, 08:11 PM
Mr Soarer
Pole Position

traction bars!!!!
Old 03-14-08, 02:51 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm breaking in another clutch so I haven't launched the car yet but with the addition of the MR traction bars it does feel very solid in the rear when I am a little spirited coming off of a stoplight. The mickey thompson drag radials hop much less than the street tires I've used as well.

I just put in an order for the Energy rear sway bar bushings as well, so I'll grab those on my way out tonight and put those on too. Next time I drive the car it'll have the new bushings and the LSD rear end, so let's see what kind of traction this puppy can get!
Old 03-25-08, 09:31 PM
dohc3ltt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gunnar
Look into the Megan Racing traction bars. A guy on SupraForums said it helped a lot with his wheel hop issues. I have a set on my car now, but it hasn't come down off of the jackstands yet to be able to give a good review. The car will have 3.76 gears and LSD as well, so hopefully it comes out pretty good without hopping itself to death.
The megan racing traction bar didn't help my wheel hop issues. I'm on the mickey thompson drag radials. I'm going to take a look at the rear sway bar bushings this weekend.