Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Stil getting rattle from suspenison--after strut replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 07:28 PM
amul
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stil getting rattle from suspenison--after strut replacement

I'm still dazed by my suspension rattle problem. I had previously taken the car to two shops , both said everything looked tight.
I had the ball joints replaced.
Lexsoos helped my replace my struts and mounts. That definately helped ride quality and control, but the rattle still remains. It happens mainly going over slowly on certain bumps in my subdivison.

I had recently replaced my pads prior prior to doing suspenision work......trying to think of possible rattle points.

I do belive the noise became apparent after changing the pads come to think of it, but the fact that I can be pressing on the brakes and still hear the rattle means that it can't be the pads? Right?

Any ideas would help?

Lexsoos, did you get most of your work done that we had discussed sometime back?
Old 05-15-06, 06:31 AM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amul
I'm still dazed by my suspension rattle problem. I had previously taken the car to two shops , both said everything looked tight.
I had the ball joints replaced.
Lexsoos helped my replace my struts and mounts. That definately helped ride quality and control, but the rattle still remains. It happens mainly going over slowly on certain bumps in my subdivison.

I had recently replaced my pads prior prior to doing suspenision work......trying to think of possible rattle points.

I do belive the noise became apparent after changing the pads come to think of it, but the fact that I can be pressing on the brakes and still hear the rattle means that it can't be the pads? Right?

Any ideas would help?

Lexsoos, did you get most of your work done that we had discussed sometime back?
Yes, i got it done finally

I'm wondering what's wrong with your suspention, still rattle? hmm
I'll stop by and look at it closely, next week maybe if you want to
Old 05-03-07, 11:27 AM
69L36
Driver School Candidate

Default What was the cure?

It's been a long time since you had your problem. Did you figure out the source of the rattle. I have a 2000 GS with the same rattle from driver-side rear suspension. Only certain types of bumps...like expansion joint between concrete slabs on neighborhood street. Still there when I apply the brakes.
Old 05-03-07, 02:02 PM
rra640
Driver

What does it sound like? I have a small rattle that I have noticed the last few days. It almost sounds like a centercap rattling around in a wheel, or a can being pulled. Very faint and only on small bumps. Like a brick driveway or something. I only hear it with the window down at low speeds.

If you figure anything out, let me know.