Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

EDFC Installed PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 12:05 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EDFC Installed PICS

I honestly dont think its worth the time and money but it just looks really cool. I should have left it at one setting and spent money elsewhere

Last edited by xknowonex; 05-23-06 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-23-06, 12:20 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very clean install

Why do u say that... it doesn’t make much of a difference in the ride?

-Tommy
Old 05-23-06, 12:21 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like a pretty clean install. i for one like the edfc for the ease of switching settings, whether it was for tuning for comfort or handling. also i tend to use it when i have either my parents in the car or a girl, so it's not all that worthless imo.

here's how i had mines installed, didn't want it to be so visible:

you can kind of see it in the left part..... and the HU was only in it's mock install... it's done now and much better looking
Old 05-23-06, 12:33 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

nice...pretty clean install...did your buddy do it for you?
Old 05-23-06, 03:32 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

can you two give us more on the install....did you do it yourself? what dampners did you choose? I was thinking about going with the SuperStreet.
Old 05-23-06, 08:09 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Looks totally cool. Was it a pain in the butt to install?
Old 05-23-06, 12:09 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damm you jerry jacking my mods. yea too bad i needed money or else i wouldnt have sold it toyou.
Old 05-23-06, 08:53 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
can you two give us more on the install....did you do it yourself? what dampners did you choose? I was thinking about going with the SuperStreet.
First off, I got the Tein SS coilovers installed a month or two ago. I chose the SS because its the best bang for your buck and it is very comfortable still.

There is not much to say about the EDFC install. The install and routing of the wires took about two hours. The SS requires a special screw that must be special ordered in order to be compatable with the EDFC motor. LuvDaLex did that for me

Now this is a tricky part - making the install look clean. This is difficult because our cars dont have any faceplates or any pockets below the radio on the market. I took it to one of my buddies who specializes in car audio to make me a special face plate for it. It was cut up from MDF and wrapped in vinyl. That took about 1.5 hours.
Old 10-21-06, 02:04 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xknowonex
First off, I got the Tein SS coilovers installed a month or two ago. I chose the SS because its the best bang for your buck and it is very comfortable still.

There is not much to say about the EDFC install. The install and routing of the wires took about two hours. The SS requires a special screw that must be special ordered in order to be compatable with the EDFC motor. LuvDaLex did that for me

Now this is a tricky part - making the install look clean. This is difficult because our cars dont have any faceplates or any pockets below the radio on the market. I took it to one of my buddies who specializes in car audio to make me a special face plate for it. It was cut up from MDF and wrapped in vinyl. That took about 1.5 hours.
what are the special screws that must be ordered? and where do I order them from...thanks
Old 10-27-06, 01:39 AM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

i just wanted to let all you people with edfc's know how lazy you are... that is all... oh the little sunken in slot for your controller looks really nice... but that doesnt change the fact that you're lazy
Old 10-28-06, 05:16 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

does the edfc work with the silk road?? haha im just joking.
Old 10-28-06, 09:50 PM
SC400DRFT
Driver

Originally Posted by Boostshakalaka
i just wanted to let all you people with edfc's know how lazy you are... that is all... oh the little sunken in slot for your controller looks really nice... but that doesnt change the fact that you're lazy
That is a funnny *** quote, I gotta hand it to you. It is true though, I'm going to UTI and I do all the scamatics and **** like that myself
Old 10-29-06, 02:16 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC400DRFT
That is a funnny *** quote, I gotta hand it to you. It is true though, I'm going to UTI and I do all the scamatics and **** like that myself
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL @ uti.
Old 10-30-06, 02:17 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

clean install but the teins are more show than go...adding the edfc is like you said...money better spent elsewhere. For the price of the teins and edfc, you could have got some real suspension...
Old 11-03-06, 04:49 PM
BiZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Boostshakalaka
Come on now, we're not lazy. We have them so we do not have to keep removing that rear panel every time we want to make a click or two. That panel can be a pain at times, especially if you have an amplifier mounted on it like I do.

And I agree the money spent on it could have be used elsewhere. But instead of spending close to $3k on brand new wheels/tires I settled on a set of used TT wheels/tires. The $2200 I saved there paid for TEIN Flex coilovers, the EDFC, and new leather seats. Granted my car will probably never see a track it sure is fun to drive when I do drive it. It just needs more power now.

Quick Reply: EDFC Installed PICS