Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-06, 09:31 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by genyosai
Hey.

In your pics, your eibachs are white. When did you get these?? I just received mine after ordering about two months ago and mine are black (Pro-kit). I also have no suspension noises. I wonder if perhaps yours are an earlier release, later redesigned and resulting in the ones that I have.

19x8.5 and 19x10 CCW SP18's and NO RUBBING on Eibachs:

I'd JUST installed the springs on in these pics and the car had yet to settle completely. Now, the car is settled, slightly lower than pictured, has no rubbing, and I can't tell a difference in ride quality!

--Nick
Very Nice Nick. Ride is very similar to stock in the wifies IS as well.
Will
Old 06-08-06, 10:16 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smooth1
I am pretty sure I have it figured out. Here is the pictures of the rear bracket with the sensors. It looks like all I have to do is loosen the nut on move the nut all the way to the top. I hope this works I will try it out tommorow and let you guys know what the outcome is.

Well guys I just wanted to keep everybody posted. I tried to adjust the bracket and the AFS light did not go away it still flashes . I adjusted the bracket both ways all the way up and all the way down. I really dont understand how some people have the problem with the AFS light flashing and some people dont whats the deal with that . I am going to try and take it in to Lexus and ask them to take a look at it I hope they can fix it.
Old 06-09-06, 03:29 AM
QSVeilside
Rookie

Smooth,

Just curious... Did you try placing both nuts in the EXACT same spot in the middle of the brackets, (in the original position). The reason I'm asking is because perhaps Eurosport may have hit one by accident while doing the install. The ones in the front I'm assuming are not adjustable?

Have you tried this? Seems easy enough. Perhaps it'll reset that light?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...bility+control

Last edited by QSVeilside; 06-09-06 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-07-06, 06:29 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

bump for some more AFS OFF help
Old 07-07-06, 10:35 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Originally Posted by QSVeilside
Smooth,

Just curious... Did you try placing both nuts in the EXACT same spot in the middle of the brackets, (in the original position). The reason I'm asking is because perhaps Eurosport may have hit one by accident while doing the install. The ones in the front I'm assuming are not adjustable?

Have you tried this? Seems easy enough. Perhaps it'll reset that light?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...bility+control
Thanks for your suggestion, just to let everybody know I tried every configuration on the bracket up,down and in the middle, also after each adjustment I took the car for a 1/2 hr drive hoping the light will reset to my displeasure it did not reset My car has 2600 miles on it so pretty soon I will have to take it in for the 5k service at that time I will ask Lexus if they can take a look at it. There is another member who suggested unplugging the AFS sensors he said that the place that lowered his car did that for him and that on his car there are no flashing lights. I dont mind unplugging the sensors I think that will be my last resort . I really hope Lexus can resolve this issue without me resorting to unplugging the sensors.
Old 08-14-06, 12:48 PM
fueledbyme
6th Gear

Bump for an update...
Old 08-14-06, 07:15 PM
StockIS350
Rookie

nothing to do with the afs

how does the car handle with the new springs, how does the stock shocks take it, have you noticed the stock shocks are tokicos
Old 09-13-06, 10:33 PM
xs2kdriver
Driver School Candidate

Default Bump

I'm having the same problem!!!!!
Old 09-14-06, 07:19 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine on for almost two weeks now and have had no issues. Exact Motorsports here in NorCal did a great job installing them. If it is installed properly, there is nothing wrong with Eibach. I started a thread regarding the bumpy ride after the springs have settled. But for some reason, yesterday and this morning, it feels much better. It's almost back to stock ride quality. I don't know if it's just me being too sensitive about it or what. Also, I put a full tank of gas yesterday. I don't know if that made the difference.
Old 09-15-06, 07:22 PM
xs2kdriver
Driver School Candidate

Do you have the AFS option on your car?
Old 12-18-06, 06:00 PM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

So did you ever get it fixed smooth? I just dropped my car and now my afs light is flashing =( I need to know how to fix the sensors also.
Old 12-18-06, 06:42 PM
nota4re
Driver School Candidate

dat-is350,

I put the Eibach's on my '07 recently and I had the dreaded AFS light too. I am embarassed to admit, however, that I had simply installed the rear (driver's side) arm upside down. The AFS is really pretty simple. With the car sitting level on its suspension, the front and rear AFS arms need to be positioned such that they are approximately in the middle of their range. Just do this and you should be good.
Old 12-18-06, 09:29 PM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

Could you please post a picture of how it should look like? I would appreciate it so much.
Old 12-19-06, 05:00 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,957 Likes on 2,396 Posts

With the car sitting at normal ride height it should look like this:
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???-afs-sensor-position.jpg  
Old 12-20-06, 09:04 AM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

THANK YOU SO MUCH LOBUXRACER =) Clublexus members are getting much nicer!

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???