Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-07, 07:43 PM
lexem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?
Old 01-31-07, 09:57 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

no, not yet. I've been too busy with my custom exhaust. I've got that finished now, and should be able to get around to this next wed night. That's my only free night. Trust me its on my list.

dat-is350 might have screwed with his more. you can pm him and see what he says.

I mean we already got the afs sensor to stop. Just want the head lights to point down the road a little further.
Old 02-06-07, 09:57 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

ok here's an update. I took my car in yesterday for service (ac/heater problem). They fixed that **** and while it was there I was curious to see what they would charge to set the lights back to specs. They wanted 80.00. so I was like fugget, i'll adjust it myself. Well they called me today and said my **** was fixed and the tech went ahead and fixed my lights for free. when i picked up my car, I talked to the tech and had him show me exactaly what he did. Lobux is dead on. My afs sensors (those wishbone front and back things) were set back the way they should. So I got that part right. The part that now needed to be adjusted was the part up front which lobux has a link to a pdf on here that has the instructions. He showed me how they did it and it's just like the pdf. get 9' away and there is a screw up towards the front drivers side bulb that you turn clockwise. So that pdf is correct. You can kind of wing it also, if you don't want to do the whole park 9' back and set it height wise. He said typically its just two full turns.

hope that helps you out. if you are in dfw and need help getting the sensor to go off, just follow my pic above. If you need the bulb height adjust after that follow the pdf or hit me up and I can help.

I guess this thread is now fully done. adjust the read wishbone like pic above, then follow the pdf that lobux posted.

peace,

comb
Old 02-07-07, 12:57 PM
Smoky350
Pole Position

I recently put the Eibach Pro-Kit in my 350 and I thankfully I have no warning lights and noises coming from the springs. I didn't even have to adjust the AFS sensors.
Old 02-07-07, 02:08 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoky350
I recently put the Eibach Pro-Kit in my 350 and I thankfully I have no warning lights and noises coming from the springs. I didn't even have to adjust the AFS sensors.
I really believe its in the installation procedure that makes a difference. I installed the same springs in the wifies car with no problems. Even prior to this thread being made.
Old 02-07-07, 02:39 PM
Smoky350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
I really believe its in the installation procedure that makes a difference. I installed the same springs in the wifies car with no problems. Even prior to this thread being made.
So do I. I was a little worried about the problems, but I made sure that they followed the installation instructions and everything turned out to be great. It only took the shop 2 hours to install and they charged me $250. My car was the first car that they ever lowered and they really did everything carefully.
Old 02-07-07, 02:45 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoky350
So do I. I was a little worried about the problems, but I made sure that they followed the installation instructions and everything turned out to be great. It only took the shop 2 hours to install and they charged me $250. My car was the first car that they ever lowered and they really did everything carefully.

Cool. Post up some pics. Glad everything worked out fine for you. Especially if it was their first time. I love how it changed the stance of the car but still feels like it did before with the stock springs.
-Will
Old 06-05-07, 03:22 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

This might be a bad question but are the sensors only on one side of the car or both? It looks like only the left has them, is that correct?

Last edited by Kipperm13; 06-05-07 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-05-07, 08:24 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

no one can help me out?
Old 06-05-07, 08:35 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

kipperm13, your answers are all in this thread.

the sensors are in the front and rear of the car. The only sensor you need to mess with the rear one.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=62

now if you are talking about the adjustment for the headlights then that is on both sides of each head light. Search DJ_Amtrax post, because he has great pictures of where they are. You still need to download the pdf that lobuxracer has posted here. That has specific instructions. Everything you need to know is in this thread, but let me know if there is something specific you don't u nderstand.

peace.
Old 06-05-07, 08:45 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

combfilter

Thanks for the reply. I know, I have read this form a few times and I still don't see if it says anywhere if the sensors are on both sides or just the left. I have seen the PDF and looks helpful but I am talking about the sensors only by the tire.
Old 06-06-07, 08:44 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

there are 2 sensors on the entire car. 1 is in the front of the car , and 1 is in the rear of the car. The rear one is the only one you adjust. Do that and your afs problem will be fixed.

The headlamp height adjustments only needs to be adjusted if your head lights are pointing wrong.
Old 06-18-07, 05:43 PM
XIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by toyemp
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=afs

fourth post down in this thread has pics of the leveling bracket you need to adjust.

Thanks Toyemp!
Old 08-05-07, 01:05 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bringing it back
Old 02-22-08, 02:00 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the info in this thread. i have it printed and have to take my car to a tech to get my springs installed. i sure hope all goes well. i am excited to get this done! I will post when i have it done but it may be a week or two once i find someone.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???