Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-08, 06:46 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i know this is old...

Just installed the TeinS last nite! no AFS light..we didnt move or touch the assembly in the rear. I will post a few generic pics in the 2is forum today so you can see the drop. looks good but needs to settle more. DRIVE was perfect last nite! couldnt have been happier.

adjustment on the lights, i have AFS, we adjusted as the PDF said. we gave it about 5 turns, i never adjusted it from the stock height so i figured most gave it 2 full turns plus what you did when you corrected our already low lights. amazing when i start the car on how i can really see the AFS go up and down. looks perfect. got no flashes from on comming traffic on the way home so i think i am good to go!!

Good luck to those that are in the process of installing.
Old 03-01-08, 05:33 PM
dw8787
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by passnu2
i know this is old...

Just installed the TeinS last nite! no AFS light..we didnt move or touch the assembly in the rear. I will post a few generic pics in the 2is forum today so you can see the drop. looks good but needs to settle more. DRIVE was perfect last nite! couldnt have been happier.

adjustment on the lights, i have AFS, we adjusted as the PDF said. we gave it about 5 turns, i never adjusted it from the stock height so i figured most gave it 2 full turns plus what you did when you corrected our already low lights. amazing when i start the car on how i can really see the AFS go up and down. looks perfect. got no flashes from on comming traffic on the way home so i think i am good to go!!

It's old but we'll get it started again...Yeah post some pics. I'd love to see it. I going round and round about what kind of springs to get. I'm one that wants the drop but don't want to ruin my ride. A little firmer I can live with, just not a lot. This whole thread is great.
Old 03-01-08, 05:42 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
i know this is old...

adjustment on the lights, i have AFS, we adjusted as the PDF said. we gave it about 5 turns, i never adjusted it from the stock height so i figured most gave it 2 full turns plus what you did when you corrected our already low lights. amazing when i start the car on how i can really see the AFS go up and down. looks perfect. got no flashes from on coming traffic on the way home so i think i am good to go!!

Mechanically adjusting the lights is entirely unnecessary. You can do the same thing with the AFS adjustment in the rear of the car. No screws to turn, no counting, just pure adjustment.
Old 06-12-10, 10:36 AM
Kuriboh4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just installed the pro kit also. The AFS light is an adjustment issue. The sensor is located on the driver side rear tire. You have to move the arm to the correct position. There was a guy that posted pictures on the forum. Let me see if i can find the link for you. As far as the noise is concerned. I only get it when i go over a speed bump really slow. Sounds like a clunking noise.
Old 12-13-10, 11:36 AM
kevenhang
Pole Position

wth my afs light is still flashing and i changed it to look just like the pic combfilter has too urghhh
Old 12-13-10, 12:20 PM
kevenhang
Pole Position

nvm i got it now haha
Old 03-13-12, 10:39 PM
mbonilla86
Rookie

This instructions worked like a charm!! Dealer wanted $180 to fix these issue! But thanks to CL had this fixed in 40 min and for free!!
Old 07-19-12, 03:02 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Problem solved!

Just wanted to revive the thread again and mention to all to check the Rear AFS Sensor Arm when doing the install and make sure its in the "L" position and not looking like a "Z".

Thanks everyone on here who contributed to making this thread very knowledgable and thanks JoeZ for pointing me in the right direction!
Old 09-27-12, 07:36 PM
BigCman
Rookie

Bringing this thread back once again. Was having the "AFS" light problems after installing my road magnet springs and 25mm spacers. Didn't have time to get to it until today but all the advice in this thread was spot on. Took about 10min to do. I did what another member did and had the car on jackstands and just jacked up the control arm till it just lifted off the jackstand...I have no ramps. As soon as I made the adjustment to the Rear AFS Sensor Arm everything worked just as it was supposed to. Thanks everyone!!!
Old 08-24-20, 12:37 AM
Slowlane
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by clubfoot
Nova I've had my springs on for about two months, no noises, no rubbing, no lights. It all has to do with how they are installed, it took two mechanics 1 1/2 hours to do, i.e. putting back everything the way it came out.

I'll just mention in case no one reads the instructions:
1) Install the springs with the "Eibach" logo right side up. All original stock spring isolators, dampers and tubing should be retained from stock springs and used when installing the Pro Kit Springs.
2) It also mentions that all bushing related pivot points be re-torqued with the full weight of the vehicle on the suspension, this is done to prevent "bushing pre-load". If this is not done, bushing damage and un-even lowering may result.
3) Also 10mm has to be trimmed off the top of the front and rear bump stops

Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You would be amazed how many techs overlook resetting the bushings (#2 on your list) after lowering. It's in every single Toyota manual I've checked, but I've asked and asked and got blank stares so many times it isn't funny. It really does make a big difference, and I always do it even though it's a PITA.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but does this relate to lowered springs only and not coilovers? I've recently had HKS coilovers fitted and everything seems fine.

Thanks Lobuxracer for ponting me in the right direction with my AFS issue.