Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach springs for IS

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 10:32 PM
SlOw_IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach springs for IS

hi, I'm a newbie here. wondering if anyone " Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, San Diego or Ventura County areas" with the IS 250 AWD car have brought their car to the eibach facilities so that a spring made specifically for the AWD would be in production.. sigh.. dying for a set. I know there are springs for IS350 (tanabe, and also eibach itself) that can be put on to the AWD but up here in Canada, the lexus dearlerships are more "getto" and less flexible. They wouldn't recognize the IS350/IS250 RWD springs to put on to the AWD car. sigh.. and with horrible aftermarket tuner shops experience, not really willing to give up the warranty on the car to get it lowered.. kind of hopeless hey?

here's the eibach website looking for IS250 AWD, and some other automobiles that needs more research to the parts in production!

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...59181400004194

thanks for hearing me out
Old 06-21-06, 10:36 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

eH?

Spring rate for 250 AWD shouldnt really be any different. There are plenty with the Tanabe spring setups on their cars that look fantastic. Find another dealership, or find someone else to install your springs for you-- suspension is a wear and tear item, and springs will not void your vehicle's warranty. I believe it's illegal to void an entire car's warranty for simply putting springs on the car.

Better yet, don't tell them what it's for, just tell them it's for your car and you want it installed. End of story!

Tanabe DF's FTW
Old 06-21-06, 12:13 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

I can see them denying coverage on the CV joints (and?) if the springs lower the car to a point where the axles are exposed to additional stress. Dealerships are already good at dodging warranty claims. This will only make it easier.
Old 06-21-06, 02:30 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

has anyone put the eibach IS 250/350 springs on their AWD?....I'm thinkin of gettin them for mine coz i like the even wheel gap look rather than the tanabe ones where the rear looks lower
Old 06-21-06, 04:44 PM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Phillip31
has anyone put the eibach IS 250/350 springs on their AWD?....I'm thinkin of gettin them for mine coz i like the even wheel gap look rather than the tanabe ones where the rear looks lower
Couldn't agree with you more. Thats what I love about my eibachs. They know how to make a care look good. Never understood why you would put more of a drop on the back when its already lower to the tire then the front. With the tanabe, its lowering the rear .2inches lower than the front, while the eibach does exactly the same. And if you are running a staggered look like myself, it sets the ride off perfectly.