Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is350 Endless Brake!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 12:26 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by al503
can't tell if they're 13" or 14" in the pics but the front 14" with a 6 pot caliper will go for around $3700. The racing 13" 4 pot rears are about the same price.

$3700?? I can think of better things to spend $3700 on. Better yet, I can think of better ways to invest/save that money.
Old 06-22-06, 12:37 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
$3700?? I can think of better things to spend $3700 on. Better yet, I can think of better ways to invest/save that money.
Like someone mentioned above, slippery slope. I wonder how many people driving in cars that are less expensive than ours saying the same thing about us? Does anyone need to live in a $2 million home? Everything is relative.
Old 06-22-06, 01:05 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I was under the impression that our OEM brakes were more than decent, is it really worth spending 3gs to fix something that's not really broken??
I agree with you. OEM brake is decent, but with way too much dust; if I take the changing pad route, then it will not be in OE spec, or losing its authentication. Besides that, thinking about this... the OEM wheel is decent, but we all work for the blink factor otherwise we won't be here. I guess there are people can treat their Corolla and always think they are riding an Lex IS.

I totally agree with you. I think its a complete waste of money buying a big brake kit. The brakes work wonderful on the IS350, no need to change them unless you are autocrossing, etc.
I agree with you too! And I think it is totally waste of money when I can buy 7 Yaris or only one IS350 full mod with Endless for the same amount of money.

I don't say the same about any mod, I do however say this about this mod when $3700 / $37000 = 10%. If you want to spend 10% of the base price of the vehicle on brakes that will hardly get any use, be my guest.
I agree with you that it is pricy! It is actually $7.5K/$45K, nearly 20%. I maybe dumb but I took all the possible options when dealer sold it to me. Back to the our BBK, I guess you have to wait a a while for any possible holiday discount if you keep calculating How_Much vs. How_to_Blink. I wish I can find Endless kit, Tanabe pipes, HKS Turbo kit...... all on Ebay, but I could not accept the quality just to paint the brake and put on $20 home made stickers, and tell others "I have Lex brake on my Lex".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AGREE WITH YOU ALL! You all make me think easier... When all mods and blink works are done, I should trade in for 4 Corollas, or 7 Yaris. Oh yeah, thx for the tip that mods work can't increase price on KBB.

Also, the car is a daily pony for my wife who does not even reach 75 MPH in any normal day. No test on tracks, no high bean on other tails, no slamming on gas and brake peddles, and she does not even want to go "Tokyo Drift" with me. She gets pissed at me when she finds out the MPG meter falls below 21.5 (hmm... what you guys have?)

Thanks for all the concerns from good people here! I am doing my best to babysit the car. I shampoo it with Zaino and Q-tip the ears on my weekends.

Last edited by josephdoc; 06-22-06 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 01:11 PM
rys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by al503
Many times, replacement parts for aftermarket bbk's are cheaper than stock parts. IE: stoptech uses common fmsi pad sizes. You can get them for the same prices as most stock pads if not less than OEM prices. Replacement rotors (just the rotors, not the hats) for their two piece rotors can be had for about $200 a pair. I don't know how much the stock rotors cost but I'd wager that it is a lot more than $200 a pair.
Incorrect, most of the rear replacement rotors I could find were near $200 per pair, the only front rotors I could find from StopTech that were $200 each, was for single piece rotors, most pairs of front rotors for the front are closer to $450.

-rian
Old 06-22-06, 01:16 PM
rys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by josephdoc
I AGREE WITH YOU ALL! You all make me think easier... When all mods and blink works are done, I should trade in for 4 Corollas, or 7 Yaris. Oh yeah, thx for the tip that mods work can't increase price on KBB.

Also, the car is a daily pony for my wife who does not even reach 75 MPH in any normal day. No test on tracks, no hing bean on other tails, no slamming on gas and brake peddles, and she does not even want to go "Tokyo Drift" with me. She gets pissed at me when she finds out the MPG meter falls below 21.5 (hmm... what you guys have?)

Thanks for all the concerns from good people here! I am doing my best to babysit the car. I shampoo it with Zaino and cotton stick the ears on my weekends.
No offense, but what are you talking about? Sarcasm is good when you have a good grasp on the english language.

If the car is for your wife, then you are wasting your money, but whatever, obviously you've got money to burn so.

Post pictures when it's done.

-Brian
Old 06-22-06, 01:18 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats again Joseph

What will be next on the mod list? Make sure you write a good explanation of why you chose this mod.
Old 06-22-06, 01:28 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what the hell is blink?
Old 06-22-06, 01:50 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rys
Incorrect, most of the rear replacement rotors I could find were near $200 per pair, the only front rotors I could find from StopTech that were $200 each, was for single piece rotors, most pairs of front rotors for the front are closer to $450.

-rian
I just checked Stoptech's website. The front 14" replacement runs $255 retail. The rear 13" runs $145 per.

Most stoptech retailers discount 15-20% off retail so basically, you're looking at $640 to $680 for all four rotors. Add in less than $100 per axle for pads and you're in the ~$850 range.

I don't know if you can get all the stock OEM components for that much but it's probably close one + or -.

One of the reasons I went with a BBK on my G is that the stealership wanted over $400 for the front rotors. That's per rotor. A full brake job (pads and rotors) on a 6MT G coupe is quoted at $2000-$2500.
Old 06-22-06, 01:57 PM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Nice pick up on the brake kit. I have the 6 pot kit on both of my cars and its definitely worth every penny. SWEET!
Old 06-22-06, 02:19 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TLW
Congrats again Joseph

What will be next on the mod list? Make sure you write a good explanation of why you chose this mod.

Thanks for asking.
I don't think I will go for the Turbo kit because it does not fall in the bling factor and voids out dealer's warranty on engine, tranny, and my purpose of buying the extened warranty.

Mods in suspension and drop are good but I think the ride is hard enough, so I am not going for it.

Air intake mod is interesting, but so far there is no good positive sign of improving performance, and also wont increase the blink. Will do this if it works.

Shark's fin... me no like, sorry me no european; and no go on the XM because it charges monthly.. or so.

JDM HID fog is what I like but blue tint over the fog does the same score to me, and I will not do any bulb swap because after market ones won't last. Maybe it's only me who had bad experience.

My Bridgestone RE960 (in 19") are sitting inside my budy's store, and I am patiently waiting for some unknow wheels. The only thing I am looking for is a good set of wheel lugnut, but my buddy told me the perfect set is impossible to import yet.

OMG... I think it has digital locks for wheels, about $250 a set. Can someone get it? Or I think I will get it in my trip to Japan in late September. (Tokyo Auto Show )

http://www.weds.co.jp/products/kranze/accessories.html

My wife's car just reached its first thousand of miles. I know the car will get old, but I am doing my best to be proud as a Lex owner and I am a Toyota fan for life.
Thanks to all people here providing suggestions and tips from their hard work and experiments.

ME LOVE YOU ALL!

Last edited by josephdoc; 07-29-06 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 02:39 PM
keeeeez
Pole Position

Looks good. Wish I had them - I hear a lot of people saying not necessary, etc. etc. But if they were free, I betcha you'd get em!
Old 06-22-06, 02:52 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats! and welcome to the endless family

dont worry about people tellin you your wasting your money...because you are not! endless 4 wheel big brakes...trust me...if i had an is350...i would be doing exactly the same thing as you...its basically the same reason about people bashing on JP for the price...

performance is one thing however with the endless big brakes...but you also get pimp factor, braggin rights of the 6/4 setup, quality, and trust me...especially when the wheel is spinning...no need to talk or comments...the badge itself does the talkin
Old 06-22-06, 03:47 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
you also get pimp factor, braggin rights of the 6/4 setup, quality, and trust me...especially when the wheel is spinning...no need to talk or comments...the badge itself does the talkin
who the hell talks like that? do you hear yourself?
Old 06-22-06, 05:13 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by josephdoc
I don't think I will go for the Turbo kit because it does not fall in the blink factor and voids out dealer's warranty on engine, tranny, and my purpose of buying the extened warranty.
WTF is a blink factor? Do you mean to say "BLING" factor??

I would hope not, cuz a FMIC on any car increases its blin'g' factor.
Old 06-22-06, 05:47 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brianlin87
WTF is a blink factor? Do you mean to say "BLING" factor??

I would hope not, cuz a FMIC on any car increases its blin'g' factor.
Yeah, he means "bling factor" but the blink factor thing is cracking me up so Sshhhhh! don't tell him and let him blink in peace.

Quick Reply: Is350 Endless Brake!!