Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Another IS350 on Eibach springs pictures .

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 09:30 PM
lexus27
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another IS350 on Eibach springs pictures .

I'll be taking the car to the dealer for the 5k service. I've decided I'll have them install the front license plate so that I never have to deal with cops regarding it (plus I have front tint, so I don't want to give them another excuse to stop me). I just had to take pics before the front plates are installed.

I lowered the car about two weeks ago in my garage. Hard job but it was worth it. Hey, did you know the stock shocks are Tokicos?

Old 06-22-06, 09:37 PM
akkord
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good.

Just wondering though, how much clearance do you have up front, from the ground to the lowest part on the lip. Enough to get up steep driveways easily?
Old 06-22-06, 09:37 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

The car just looks amazing!!!! Why don't you do that thing that one of the members here did and instead of making holes in your bumper, you attach the plate holder to the lower front grille... a suggestion....
Old 06-22-06, 09:41 PM
lexus27
Pit Crew

the front lip is not really any lower than the stock front. It's just more noticeable on the sides. i don't have a very steep driveway, but I don't think it's a problem. it's dropped 1 inch in the front.
Old 06-22-06, 09:42 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

hows the ride? can u tell any difference? aren't you worried about voiding ur warranty?
Old 06-22-06, 09:43 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

looks good

Old 06-22-06, 09:50 PM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

Don't do it my friend. Keep the plate off. Trust me, its not something they really make it a habbit of here, pulling people over for thier plates. Anywho, did you put the spring in yourself? I have to agree that the car looks great. I def think that the eibachs are the way to go for this car. Makes it look great.....next step.....some staggered wheels...
Old 06-22-06, 10:05 PM
lexus27
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Dj Rando
Don't do it my friend. Keep the plate off. Trust me, its not something they really make it a habbit of here, pulling people over for thier plates. Anywho, did you put the spring in yourself? I have to agree that the car looks great. I def think that the eibachs are the way to go for this car. Makes it look great.....next step.....some staggered wheels...
I wish I can get staggered wheels. Back in January, I posted this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194048
The ISP wheels was my wife's xmas surprise for me when I picked-up the car. She paid twice as much as what we can buy them online or so. I mentioned the idea of changing them and she got upset. I'll have to wait for a better excuse - like when the tires are worn.

I did the springs myself. The ride (to me) feels the same, maybe I feel it more when I go over little bumps but anybody else whose been in the car can't even tell the difference.
As far as the warranty question, no, I'm not too concerned. The car's been to the dealership before and I don't even think they've noticed it's lowered. Hopefully nothing breaks due to it tho.
Old 06-22-06, 10:10 PM
is350boy
Rookie

was there any problems with install. Also was thinking when looking at the pictures, the rear still looks a bit higher rarther then the tanabes which the front seems higher. Do you know the exact drop Front back. Is it 1 inch around, or more in the front then the rear? Also any noises after install.
Old 06-22-06, 10:12 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

kinda off topic but do you have more pictures of your drls and what polar g bulb i should get. those look like they would match my 6k hids well./ thanks!
Old 06-22-06, 10:19 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

SLICK!

Yeah... same question here! How is the ride? Stiffer? Better control? Any side pulling? Any problem when doing the alignment?
Old 06-22-06, 11:05 PM
lexus27
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by josephdoc
SLICK!

Yeah... same question here! How is the ride? Stiffer? Better control? Any side pulling? Any problem when doing the alignment?
the ride feels the same to me, but i believe it should be just a bit stiffer since it is lowered, but i really can't tell much difference. my car allignment is tomorrow at 8:15AM, i'll let you guys know.
as far as better control, i would not know, i drive like a grandma most of the time.

as far as the rear looking higher - i'm actually okay with that. the car is in a mild road decline btw. the rear drop is only 0.8 inch versus the front's 1 inch (according to specs) BUT, I measured before and after and the drop seems to be just a little over 1 inch in the front. but maybe my measurement is just off. i do not hear any noise from the suspension after the install. the install took me aprrox 5-6 hours as I had to compress the springs with a spring compressors manually. that probably took the most time and energy. i could have taken it to a shop, but I am happy to have done it myself.
Old 06-23-06, 12:31 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Looks damn goood. I REALLY want to put a similar drop on my IS, but I just know i'm going to bottom the car out if I do. I come pretty close as it is with the stock height.
Old 06-23-06, 12:58 AM
flyfl1pguy

I say no to FRONT PLATES. . .
Old 06-23-06, 01:32 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by is350boy
was there any problems with install. Also was thinking when looking at the pictures, the rear still looks a bit higher rarther then the tanabes which the front seems higher. Do you know the exact drop Front back. Is it 1 inch around, or more in the front then the rear? Also any noises after install.
The problem is not in the drop, as it is even. The real problem lies in the fact that the rear tires are approximately 1 inch taller in the rear than the ones in the front, and that is what makes the drop seem uneven.

Quick Reply: Another IS350 on Eibach springs pictures .