Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Something you guys might find interesting! - Supra TT Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 11:59 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Much props to you Jeff! If I ever come up to Dallas you'll have to give me a ride on your car!
Old 06-26-06, 02:18 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i can't imagine the stopping power with braided brake lines WITH these brake calipers... anyone have that setup?
Old 06-26-06, 03:02 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Lord!!!! Those things are NEW!
Old 06-26-06, 04:21 PM
noop
Instructor

they look great, good job on the cleaning and painting.
Old 06-26-06, 04:43 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

did you take pix of the rebuilding process?
Old 06-26-06, 06:45 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by cliffud
i can't imagine the stopping power with braided brake lines WITH these brake calipers... anyone have that setup?

I just recently installed my rod millens and before the upgrade, I felt that the stainless steel brakelines played the biggest role in a brake system. If there is any single mod as far as brakes are concerned, it would be just having the brake lines changed would give the driver the biggest change in braking.
Old 06-26-06, 08:40 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Nice job, those brakes look awesome . Pretty sure I'm going to clean up and paint my stockers before the summer is over after seeing these pics.
Old 06-26-06, 09:12 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

What pads are you running on the Supra TT?
Old 06-26-06, 09:30 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Great DIY! Thanks for sharing your progress....looks awesome!
Old 06-26-06, 09:33 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how did you clean the brakes so nicely and paint them that well.. they look real professional and i really would like to do the same to my set of brakes.. and also where did you get the trd stickers?
Old 06-26-06, 10:10 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really good job. nice and clean
Old 06-26-06, 10:52 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! I'll try to answer a few more Q's.

Originally Posted by cliffud
Yes, I have that setup Check the picture where the caliper is bolted onto the car but without the rim installed. If you look at the floor, the stock caliper is still hooked up to the.....Stainless Steel braided linkes. Goodridge SS lines on all 4 corners.

Oh yea, the stopping power in pretty insane. 5 stops in a row from 100-5 with the only cooling period being the acceleration time back up to 100mph. Then repeated same process again, but 70-5mph. No brake fade during the whole test session.

Originally Posted by alredxiii
What pads are you running on the Supra TT?
ProjectMu Type NS. Great pads. Quieter than stock, grab harder. Also, they don't fade, but that might be due to supra calipers/rotors. So far, not too much dust. I haven't cleaned the wheels yet, and it's been about a week and wheels are still clean. So I might go as far as to say less dust than stock? I didn't clean after the "test session" either...so whatever dust on there is since I installed the calipers. And there isn't too much dust

Originally Posted by beez43
how did you clean the brakes so nicely and paint them that well.. they look real professional and i really would like to do the same to my set of brakes.. and also where did you get the trd stickers?
For the guide check out post #25 on page 2.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=223323&page=2

As for the TRD vinyl decals. I had these custom made, I also have a bigger pair for windows and such. If anyone wants a pair, just PM me. $2.50 shipped for whoever wants a pair of the small ones. And $4.00 shipped for the window ones. I had a few extra sets made because I knew some of you guys might want these. I paid like $30 to get these made....I think I got ripped anyways just trying to make back a little of the cost
Old 06-27-06, 05:06 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

They look amazing. Man I think I found my next mod for sure. It's all about stopping power
Old 06-27-06, 12:30 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Did you paint the rotors yourself or have them powder coated? I painted mine a year or two ago but wasn't as shiny as yours. Was thinking about getting the same set up but power-coated.

I want to get this same set up as well. Do these simply come off a stock supra? Are they an upgrade? Where would be a good place to start looking for these?
Old 06-27-06, 02:17 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DzaztrBUSE
Did you paint the rotors yourself or have them powder coated? I painted mine a year or two ago but wasn't as shiny as yours. Was thinking about getting the same set up but power-coated.

I want to get this same set up as well. Do these simply come off a stock supra? Are they an upgrade? Where would be a good place to start looking for these?
I painted them myself, but the prep work and process to make them shiny is a lot of work. The end result is that it looks like it's power coated. Yes, they come off a stock supra and are pretty much bolt on replacements. Just a little cutting and bending of the dust shield.

It's definately an upgrade over the stock brakes, just read thru this whole thread. I mention it several times

Quick Reply: Something you guys might find interesting! - Supra TT Brakes