Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lookie what i got from BC today

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 08:03 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

of the topic... MI or VA?... you have the big yellow inspection sticker....
Old 06-30-06, 08:13 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought the car in VA a couple weeks ago. Still haven't scraped the sticker off yet. Also as you can see front bumper has holes in it As for cost PM me or Dragonhvu on here for pricing. He is my supplier and got me best deal I could find anywhere. Still loving the ride. I have been leaving it on the harder side of half-way and rides, drives and handles great! Can't wait to get my wheels/tires since these tires are aweful and are the only thing limiting the performance now.
Old 06-30-06, 11:18 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dragonhvu
not sure how low or high it goes... but we did have it low enough where the tire was sitting snuggly on the top of the fender well in front. we extended the shock about 7 turns... and it sits as you see. but there was tons of room to go higher. probably another few inches at least.

dragon?!?!?!?!
Old 07-02-06, 04:51 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

the Buddy Club RSD consists of a 18k/1007lb spring up front and 10k/559lb spring in the back. to get spring rates like this from Tein... you'd have to get the RE's, which retail for $1920... to lower the ride height on these... you 'shorten' the length of the shock body. so you still have full travel in the shock/strut whether you're lowered 1" or 3". and teflon coated threads... they're just sexy as all hell.
Aren't those VERY stiff spring rates for a daily driven street car? How can it be considered comfortable for long road trips? Also, isn't the Buddy Club N+ SPEC just a cheaper version of these shocks without the adjustable pillow mount?
Old 07-03-06, 04:00 PM
dragonhvu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dejacky
Aren't those VERY stiff spring rates for a daily driven street car? How can it be considered comfortable for long road trips? Also, isn't the Buddy Club N+ SPEC just a cheaper version of these shocks without the adjustable pillow mount?
there's only a few applications that have the adjustable pillow mount. but this kit ISN'T one of them. belive it or not... its a very comfortable ride. i dont see anything wrong with riding on these for long distances. and as far as i know... there is no N+ kit for the SC/Supra.
Old 07-04-06, 10:38 AM
jefferino
Lead Lap

I can add that I drove the car to and from work which is about an hour each way. I had it on one of the harder settings and it still was VERY comfortable to ride on. I only turned them super soft when I had to go down the wonderful back roads of detroit which are horrible and even a brand new rolls royce would feel rough. All in all, I don't mind driving it at all. The car rides smoother than quite a few brand new cars that I have owned and driven. However, crank down the adjustment to the hardest setting and you have a car that handles like no other!
Old 07-12-06, 02:30 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Originally Posted by jefferino
I can add that I drove the car to and from work which is about an hour each way. I had it on one of the harder settings and it still was VERY comfortable to ride on. I only turned them super soft when I had to go down the wonderful back roads of detroit which are horrible and even a brand new rolls royce would feel rough. All in all, I don't mind driving it at all. The car rides smoother than quite a few brand new cars that I have owned and driven. However, crank down the adjustment to the hardest setting and you have a car that handles like no other!
These buddyclub coilovers have some of the stiffest spring rates out there for our cars. What other design factors in these coilovers make them so comfortable despite their stiff spring rates? Also, what is your tire type/model, how much air pressure do you run, and what size are your tires? Thanks for the review and followup .
Old 07-12-06, 08:42 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

These buddyclub coilovers have some of the stiffest spring rates out there for our cars. What other design factors in these coilovers make them so comfortable despite their stiff spring rates? Also, what is your tire type/model, how much air pressure do you run, and what size are your tires? Thanks for the review and followup .
The shock adjustment really makes them amazing. Also, it is a very stiff rate yes but when controlled properly that makes all the difference. I am running currently on stock 15s on some crappy tires. I have driven it on 19s also with 35 series tires and was still good. Not sure what else to say, let me know if you have specific questions.
Old 07-12-06, 09:46 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Originally Posted by jefferino
The shock adjustment really makes them amazing. Also, it is a very stiff rate yes but when controlled properly that makes all the difference.
So you're saying because of the shocks adjustability, it gives you a comfortable ride on the same level of comfort as stock suspension?
Old 07-13-06, 10:52 AM
dragonhvu
Driver School Candidate

So you're saying because of the shocks adjustability, it gives you a comfortable ride on the same level of comfort as stock suspension?
i think what he's trying to say is... since the shock body is adjustable, you can get the same ride on a 1" drop as you can on a 4" drop. because when you loser the suspension, you dont mess with the preload on the springs.

if you look at the pics on the first page of this thread... you'll see that the spring perch doesnt need to be touched to raise or lower the car. ride height adjustment is done by lengthening or shortening the shock body.

it might be a little stretch in saying it rides like stock... but in all honesty... its a damn comfy ride.
Old 07-14-06, 06:31 AM
jefferino
Lead Lap

i think what he's trying to say is... since the shock body is adjustable, you can get the same ride on a 1" drop as you can on a 4" drop. because when you loser the suspension, you dont mess with the preload on the springs.

if you look at the pics on the first page of this thread... you'll see that the spring perch doesnt need to be touched to raise or lower the car. ride height adjustment is done by lengthening or shortening the shock body.

it might be a little stretch in saying it rides like stock... but in all honesty... its a damn comfy ride.
Yea that is correct also, The big difference between these and any other coilover that I have had is that when you raise and lower it, the springs dont get compressed and uncompressed. Therefore once I get them set once, I never have to worry about them getting tighter or looser as I raise/lower the car...which for me is quite often
Old 08-30-06, 07:57 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Originally Posted by simonsays
wow that looks great.
congrats.
i was wondering how long do these coilovers last? i'm kind of a novice on coilover set ups.
how much did u pay for them and how is the weight dispersment on the car? 50/50 weight balance?
I would also like to know the answer to this. And secondly, Jefferino, how was everday driving vibrations affected by these coilovers?
Old 08-30-06, 10:16 PM
SCV8
Instructor

The rubber insulated upper mount is what saves the ride from being harsh.

I lived in Dearborn for a while; the roads do suck there, and it explains why people own and drive SUVs.
Old 08-30-06, 10:22 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCV8

I lived in Dearborn for a while; the roads do suck there, and it explains why people own and drive SUVs.
Thats where i live and yes it does suck.
-hass
Old 08-31-06, 07:56 AM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

threaded at the bottom so it goes lower, cool now i really am considering buddy clubs

Quick Reply: Lookie what i got from BC today