Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lookie what i got from BC today

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 04:38 PM
dragonhvu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookie what i got from BC today

will have review on install and ride quality in a few hours.
Old 06-26-06, 04:48 PM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

wowzers...
Old 06-26-06, 05:34 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

what coils are those?
Old 06-26-06, 05:47 PM
dragonhvu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cherplex
what coils are those?
buddy club race specs
Old 06-26-06, 07:47 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Red face

I can't wait for the review! They look very nice ...and imho BETTER than tein!!
Old 06-26-06, 07:57 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

what's the specs and prices?
Old 06-26-06, 08:12 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Oooo Buddy Club Race Spec's! What are the ratings on those springs and what kind of drop are you looking at?
Old 06-26-06, 08:55 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've heard good things about those but yeah, what are the specifics on the spring rates?
Old 06-26-06, 10:46 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/rsd/rsd_f.html is a link to details on them but I am sure that Dragon can get you guys more information on spring rate and pricing. So far, have the fronts installed and are amazing. On lowest setting of the shocks they feel almost like a nice firm stock, but cranked down 15 notches it is super hard. Can't wait til the neighbors don't get too mad and we can finish up tomorrow. So far, amazing!!! Will have details of ride, pictures, etc tomorrow hopefully.
Old 06-27-06, 10:34 AM
dragonhvu
Driver School Candidate

the Buddy Club RSD consists of a 18k/1007lb spring up front and 10k/559lb spring in the back. to get spring rates like this from Tein... you'd have to get the RE's, which retail for $1920... to lower the ride height on these... you 'shorten' the length of the shock body. so you still have full travel in the shock/strut whether you're lowered 1" or 3". and teflon coated threads... they're just sexy as all hell.

Last edited by dragonhvu; 06-27-06 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-27-06, 05:56 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

very nice! the bottom part of the shock is threaded so you can go super low
Old 06-27-06, 06:58 PM
dragonhvu
Driver School Candidate

yeah... we had the fronts super duper low... so we gotta raise it up a bit... that's what we're doing now.

should be going on the first test drive in a few minutes... and will have a full review by tonight.
Old 06-27-06, 09:28 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Wow they are soooo purtty...
Congrats.
Old 06-27-06, 10:28 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Congrats jeff 100% jealous
-hass
Old 06-27-06, 10:56 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Okay so I shall add a review of these now. Bear with me as I am quite tired after doing this today with no air tools

Install
  • Once figured out that we needed to remove the upper control arm...fairly easy
  • Removal need spring compressor to help remove stock setup
  • Buddy Club material install VERY easy, straight forward and fits like a glove

Ride Quality / Performance
Okay so figured I'd simply type this than bullet it. First off...I have driven several different cars with different setups. From a 2005 GS300 with Tein SS to a 91 Talon with Adjustable KYB AGX and Springs. The adjustability of the shocks is very easy. When setting on lowest setting it feels like a nice firm stock setup. When on hardest setting the car literally only moves because I have big tires on stock 15s. Handling is incredible. On BOTH ends of the spectrum it has literally no body roll at all, of it I think some of it has to do with tires. Corners like no other, over bumps it settles very quickly and smoothly not like the slow floating to level like stock. Stance of the car is excellent. Initially had it a little too low as can be seen in the pictures below. Raised it up after that and when installing rears kept them higher. So below are some key points I would like to make about how HAPPY I am and why.

Hardest Setting
  • Pushing on fenders and trunk barely moves
  • Driving has NO bouncing like I would think it might.
  • Went around a culdesack and was flat as heck with only tires and me sliding in seat holding it back
  • Down bumpy road, feels sold and once over bump settles VERY quickly
  • In parking lot rolled throttle a little in a turn, broke tires loose and was VERY controllable

Softest Setting
  • Pushing on fenders and trunk feels like a slightly firm stock
  • Driving SUPER smooth and comfortable
  • Feels like stock SHOULD have been, comfortable yet slightly firm and stable
  • Cornering still very flat, unbelievable at softest setting
  • Went down road with lots of undulation and filled in pot holes, road incredibly and leveled itself and rebounded very quickly
  • Settles very quickly and nicely without bounce at all
  • Again...so smooth and comfortable and able to turn going quite fast with nearly no body roll amazing

In conclusion, I wish I had known about these coilovers on previous vehicles I have owned. My friend's gs300 with tein SS is no where near the quality, ride and performance as this. On his HARDEST setting still rolls and doesn't settle nearly as quick. As to compare this to an adjustable shock and spring....I won't even waste the space or your time reading As for my feeling about these...probably the absolute best upgrade to the car I could and will make. There is nothing like being able to go drive hard and feel stable and at the same time be able to cruise long distances in comfort while still holding an excellent sense of performance. I cannot say enough about this so far and I will simply keep updating and such. I thank dragon for his help and incredible pricing on these, definitely a great seller...you can definitely tell he has been in the business for 13 years and counting, suggested these, got them for me very quickly at great price and I couldn't be happier.

Here are some pictures that I took of it during the process. The first few of the after shots are when we had the front hammered and were about to start the rear. The ones at night (sorry for quality I will update when light out and I lower front just a hair more) are how it sat when out test driving everything.

It is 2:00am here, I have to be at work at 8:00am and I am so psyched I think I am going to go out driving some more

Before:

See next post for AFTER pictures...

Quick Reply: Lookie what i got from BC today