Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

22's

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 01:31 AM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 22's

I have a question i have the new tein cs's i was curios if i raise the car with this set up would i be able to get 22's on the car.
Old 06-30-06, 03:35 AM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And have a 4x4 looking GS.........why????
Old 06-30-06, 03:40 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want to raise the car so you can fit 22s Sorry but that would look horrible. If you want to do that sell your GS and get a 70s monte carlo
Old 06-30-06, 06:58 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 06-30-06, 07:03 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by #1gs300
I have a question i have the new tein cs's i was curios if i raise the car with this set up would i be able to get 22's on the car.
I am going to say this nicely.

No.

20s is enough. 22s is overdoing it, you won't be able to turn, you'll feel every bump you will destroy your suspension and you might THINK you look "cool" but your not.

So don't do it.

That is all

Signed

1SICKLEX
Old 06-30-06, 11:11 PM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Did u guy's read the post honestly i wasnt asking for what u guy's think about 22's on a gs i was just wondering if the set up would work. I did not say that was getting them i was just curios now back to the ? before it gets out of hand would they work or not.
Old 06-30-06, 11:44 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

lol...It would "probably" work just parked there, but as for safely drivable....I don't think so. You wouldn't be able to turn the wheel all the way. Maybe 60-70% before it rubs on the wheel well? This is dangerous if you are ever need to do an emergency maneuver. The car would also look like a 4x4, and those 22's are HEAVY! Forget any speed or handling if you do the 22's

Oh yea, did I mention. Don't get the 22's?
Old 07-01-06, 09:59 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

OK, finally found these links for you.
Besides aesthetic reasons where everyone is entitled to their own opinion, like what Jeff said, it's not safe.

Better yet, talk to these members who have done it and see what they say:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=rim+gs
Old 07-02-06, 03:27 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Now I must admit I think they look cool on GS400. Look, and that is it. You will sacrifice ALOT of the the cars abilities for 22's.
Usually concept vehicles catch our attention because they are usually dressed in larger than sensible wheels. I have a friend that has 22's on a 1st Gen GS and let me tell you almost ALL my friends dont stop from the "Man he *****ted on your car" or "He's REALLY doin it". I forgot to tell you that my friends, although they say they are, are not driving enthusiasts. I am. I take that kid any day off the line but they all dont care, they drive slow, I have a lead foot. Another reason why none of them have bikes and I had my Ducati.

You would have to do some modding to your wheel well and get it lifted. The Tein CS more than likely wouldn't do it and if they did it would be the most viable option. You would have to go to a custom shop (prefferably one that is seasoned in lifting caprice's, monte carlo's, 88 specials and cutlass') to get it done. Im sure you'll like the "way it looks" but expect others on here to show their disapproval. You might think theyre hating but understand that when we think something isn't right its only because we have a passion for what we do (or try to do) to our cars. While some parents might think its cute to have little girls dress like a woman of age not everyone will agree. This is very subjective. I would say dont do it, if you do though hope you enjoy it. Thats why we mod our cars right? Oh and set aside some extra loot for gas.
Old 07-04-06, 04:31 AM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Thanks for ur opinion i was just wondering if it would work i see that it would, and to let everybody know im not doing it the reason i started the thread was going from tein ss, to tein cs's i noticed that u have alot of room to raise the car and, that just gave me a quick idea if and only if it would work. I am quiet happy with my 20's. I appreciate everyones input on what their thoughts is on the this topic. I'm cool i just brought my new set of 20's 2 months a go anyway.

Originally Posted by DzaztrBUSE
Ok. Now I must admit I think they look cool on GS400. Look, and that is it. You will sacrifice ALOT of the the cars abilities for 22's.
Usually concept vehicles catch our attention because they are usually dressed in larger than sensible wheels. I have a friend that has 22's on a 1st Gen GS and let me tell you almost ALL my friends dont stop from the "Man he *****ted on your car" or "He's REALLY doin it". I forgot to tell you that my friends, although they say they are, are not driving enthusiasts. I am. I take that kid any day off the line but they all dont care, they drive slow, I have a lead foot. Another reason why none of them have bikes and I had my Ducati.

You would have to do some modding to your wheel well and get it lifted. The Tein CS more than likely wouldn't do it and if they did it would be the most viable option. You would have to go to a custom shop (prefferably one that is seasoned in lifting caprice's, monte carlo's, 88 specials and cutlass') to get it done. Im sure you'll like the "way it looks" but expect others on here to show their disapproval. You might think theyre hating but understand that when we think something isn't right its only because we have a passion for what we do (or try to do) to our cars. While some parents might think its cute to have little girls dress like a woman of age not everyone will agree. This is very subjective. I would say dont do it, if you do though hope you enjoy it. Thats why we mod our cars right? Oh and set aside some extra loot for gas.
Old 07-04-06, 08:57 AM
djjt
Lead Lap

man, imma get confused between an escalade and a GS now lol

i saw an escalade DROPPED, like SUPER DROPPED to the floor before haha *sigh* what's the point of doing that really??
Old 07-05-06, 12:51 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djjt
man, imma get confused between an escalade and a GS now lol

i saw an escalade DROPPED, like SUPER DROPPED to the floor before haha *sigh* what's the point of doing that really??
See, if I were to ever get a truck I think I would have to drop it as well. Reason being that I love driving fast and hitting corners hard. I know what youre thinking: Why would you get a truck then? Well I havent. But IF and only IF I would, yes i would get it going quick and handling great. Either that or get a 92 Bronco a-la-OJ-Getaway and raise it a couple inches and throw on some Mickey Thompson Mud Tires. Either or. No middle ground for me.
Old 07-05-06, 08:58 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

scraper! scraper!
Old 07-05-06, 09:40 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DzaztrBUSE
See, if I were to ever get a truck I think I would have to drop it as well. Reason being that I love driving fast and hitting corners hard. I know what youre thinking: Why would you get a truck then? Well I havent. But IF and only IF I would, yes i would get it going quick and handling great. Either that or get a 92 Bronco a-la-OJ-Getaway and raise it a couple inches and throw on some Mickey Thompson Mud Tires. Either or. No middle ground for me.

In addition to that, non lowered cars or trucks or whatever just look "un-natural" when they are just propped up on plus sized wheels and tires. Another point about the concept cars is, there is never any fender gap, which emphasizes the body lines and contours.

You made a good point about your friends though, the going trend is "bigger is better", and the funniest thing is, these people have 22" wheels that are cheaper than a decent set of 18s!!! Most of those guys are not concerned about that, so if you ask, "What kind of wheels are those?" the answer is simply a resounding "22's!!!!!!!" (no manfacturer, model, spec or anything, just "22's!!!!!!!" lol)

When I was in South Beach for Memorial Day, I could believe that people were driving Honda Accords, Toyota Camry's and Ford Taruses with 22" wheels on them, but they were. Hey to each his/her own I guess right?
Old 07-06-06, 05:21 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
In addition to that, non lowered cars or trucks or whatever just look "un-natural" when they are just propped up on plus sized wheels and tires. Another point about the concept cars is, there is never any fender gap, which emphasizes the body lines and contours.

You made a good point about your friends though, the going trend is "bigger is better", and the funniest thing is, these people have 22" wheels that are cheaper than a decent set of 18s!!! Most of those guys are not concerned about that, so if you ask, "What kind of wheels are those?" the answer is simply a resounding "22's!!!!!!!" (no manfacturer, model, spec or anything, just "22's!!!!!!!" lol)

When I was in South Beach for Memorial Day, I could believe that people were driving Honda Accords, Toyota Camry's and Ford Taruses with 22" wheels on them, but they were. Hey to each his/her own I guess right?
Derrick i couldn't agree with you more. That happens all the time around here..LOL Camry's, newer impalas, etc all on 22's with no drop. You were in South Beach? We should have met up somewhere. I'm two hours away..

For the guy that was thinking of 22's. Not your everyday wheel. If you were showing the car at shows and events etc then maybe. Actually there's some pics of 06 GS's on 22's at a show. You will have to search for it because i forgot where i saw it.. Good Luck..

T

Quick Reply: 22's