Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

sway bar info?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-06, 11:40 PM
vietstuh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sway bar info?

hey guys, i am really looking to upgrade my sway bars and i was wondering what you guys would suggest.. so far my choices are:

1. Daizen sway bars
2. TT sways and later upgrade to
a. tt trd sways
b. suspension technique sways...

but then even though the i like the fact that the suspension technique sways are unbelievably stiff, ive been hearing that they can really mess up your frame.. really badly...

maybe you guys running aftermarket sways could give me some feedback about how the sways that you're running fair in terms of reducing the crazy body roll that our cars have.. haha thanks guys

EDIT* i was wondering if anyone has put together a list of all the supra tt sways or sc sways and their amount of stiffness over stock, that would be great. thanks!

-Andy

Last edited by vietstuh; 07-02-06 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-05-06, 10:55 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Most if not all the information you desire is available by using the "Search" feature. Try "sway" as a parameter and everything even vaguely pertinent should come up...as there are several threads on this topic.

BTW, I have supra TT sways F/R and it makes a notable difference from stock. I didn't want to go with Daziens because I heard they were too stiff. I wanted upgraded handling but not a rough ride.

Good Luck.
Old 07-05-06, 11:34 AM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

I didnt know suspension techniques made sways for the 93-98 supra and/or that the 89-92 would fit the SC.
Old 07-05-06, 10:36 PM
vietstuh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 95 Integra
I didnt know suspension techniques made sways for the 93-98 supra and/or that the 89-92 would fit the SC.
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tmsadswbarfo.html

im PRETTY sure then those sways are made by suspension technique.. but either way they're unbelievably stiff.. that cant be too good for our frames right?

oh and sorry chawk, i didn't exactly read through every post, just about 5-10..

but i guess im just going to go the stock tt sways route.. and maybe get the titan motorsports sways for track
Old 07-05-06, 11:19 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Maybe the TMSs are outsourced to ST, but you should still call them TMS because half or over half the people here are going wtf, ST doesnt make sways for the 93+ supra.
Old 07-06-06, 12:35 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawk60
Most if not all the information you desire is available by using the "Search" feature. Try "sway" as a parameter and everything even vaguely pertinent should come up...as there are several threads on this topic.

BTW, I have supra TT sways F/R and it makes a notable difference from stock. I didn't want to go with Daziens because I heard they were too stiff. I wanted upgraded handling but not a rough ride.

Good Luck.
uhm... i dont' think sway bars affect ride quality as much as you think. after i put on my daizen sways... it didnt' diminish ride quality at all, the car overall just felt more solid, like more stable.

*edit, daizens are rated at 98% and 89% stiffer than stock... something along those lines... and forgot which was front and which was rear.... search for it, posted by doublewhoosh.
Old 07-06-06, 03:04 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Vietstuh - Please don't take what I said for more than it was. You didn't mention that you'd already tried to search. When I wanted to know the answer to the same question, I found alot of threads on it. I'm just saying it would be a shame, if there was a thread dedicated to the question you asked which provided more info than may get posted in this particular thread.

Lexant - Nice car BTW. Your comment may very well be true. I have not tried something "extra stiff" and deferred to others who had. The jist of some people who have posted here gave me that impression.

For me it was better to try a relatively inexpensive TT bar that to drop alot of $ on something that may exceed my needs. It's always easy to upgrade. My .02.
Old 07-08-06, 11:25 PM
vietstuh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chawk60
Vietstuh - Please don't take what I said for more than it was. You didn't mention that you'd already tried to search. When I wanted to know the answer to the same question, I found alot of threads on it. I'm just saying it would be a shame, if there was a thread dedicated to the question you asked which provided more info than may get posted in this particular thread.

Lexant - Nice car BTW. Your comment may very well be true. I have not tried something "extra stiff" and deferred to others who had. The jist of some people who have posted here gave me that impression.

For me it was better to try a relatively inexpensive TT bar that to drop alot of $ on something that may exceed my needs. It's always easy to upgrade. My .02.

oh lol nah man.. i didn't mean to sound sarcastic or like a ****.. i was just saying that i didn't get a chance to search thoroughly before i started the thread

so are there any people on CL that have TMS supra sways for their sc?