Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS!??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 10:22 PM
jaja
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SloGS3
Do you know exactly how yours is set up, because i installed my CS' on friday and i hate them! They ride like crap, i got them set at 9 clicks clockwise all around, i feel every bump, the car tends to bounce, and to be honest i could not tell a big difference over the Tein s-tech springs as far as handeling goes. How low is your car, what setting do you have it at, and how is the ride/handeling? Also, the driver front side makes a crazy sounding noise everytime i hit the smallest bump in the road, does anybody else have this problem?
Sounds like a bad installation.... at first I thought mine were a bit bumpy too, and that the stock suspension was better. give it 2-3 weeks and it should settle in. and most importantly get an alignment done. I got mine done at a place that does not use computer alignment. this may be controversial, but i would say don't get the computer alignment done, esp if you have aftermarket rims. they'll never be able to set it up right.

mine's a bit bumpy in the back, but the ride has firmed up since the installation and my wife likes the ride (along with my 1 year old kid )

btw mine is about 1/2 inch lower or almost stock ride height.

my 2 cents.
Old 07-22-06, 02:54 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine ride fine, I have zero noise so you might want to go back over the install. If you want something stiff you need to go with Flex/JIC etc.... Key word in comfort series is COMFORT, they are not meant to be a track suspension, they are meant to allow you to lower your car and still retain a near stock ride quality.
Old 07-22-06, 08:48 PM
pavster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll chime in as well. At the hardest setting, you might call them a bit bumpy, but nothing compared with real sport suspensions. Anywhere from 4 and up (going hard->soft), the bumpiness is gone and the ride is smooth but controlled. At 16, it's too soft for me; kind of like stock suspension, although without the float. Just very very smooth -- can't feel the road at all.

Oh, and if they make a noise, there is definitely something wrong. My car is whisper quiet, until I crank up the radio...