Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

KYB AGX shocks for SC300??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-01, 07:59 AM
CDALTON
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YO DIrEctQL how did the met go? Sorry I was unable to make it. I had to haul my girlfriend to and from work(to many tickets, I swear her foot is made of lead). I really like my ESPELIRS and Tokicos. I dont get any body roll and no nose diving or squating. Im taking 45 curves at 80 no problem. I dont even feel body roll at 80!!! My set up cost me around $800.00.
Old 10-04-01, 08:12 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by CDALTON
YO DIrEctQL how did the met go? Sorry I was unable to make it. I had to haul my girlfriend to and from work(to many tickets, I swear her foot is made of lead). I really like my ESPELIRS and Tokicos. I dont get any body roll and no nose diving or squating. Im taking 45 curves at 80 no problem. I dont even feel body roll at 80!!! My set up cost me around $800.00.
It was just me and Alex. Seems like the weather scared everyone else.

Very nice, I wanna check out the Tokicos too. I haven't decided on the exact suspension yet. Perhaps you might wanna go hang out with me and Alex sometimes. I would be more than happy to check out your setup. I belive large amount of unstability in my car is due to the sucky tires, but I do want to get new better suspension when I upgrade to 18s and better tires.

BTW, I have seen few modded SC around Woodfield, few red and black.
Old 10-04-01, 09:10 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think DirectQl is getting the sway bar and strut tower bar mixed up

sway bars don't interfere with the intake manifold; but a strut tower bar would... I wouldn't buy a front strut tower bar on a SC300 anyway; it would cause too much understeer I think; If i got one I'd get one in the rear

and I'd get a thicker rear swaybar and a slightly thicker front...
Old 10-04-01, 09:18 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by Bean
I think DirectQl is getting the sway bar and strut tower bar mixed up

sway bars don't interfere with the intake manifold; but a strut tower bar would... I wouldn't buy a front strut tower bar on a SC300 anyway; it would cause too much understeer I think; If i got one I'd get one in the rear

and I'd get a thicker rear swaybar and a slightly thicker front...
Okay, do you recomend any?
Old 08-27-05, 02:38 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Default ................

digging up an old thread, im currently using eibach pro kit for the sc300, will these fit right up to KYB Gr-2's or should i go with the KYB AGX's?
Old 08-30-05, 02:21 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KYB makes GR-2's for the SCso they will fit perfectly. The AGX's are only made for the Supra. The front shocks are not the problem. The Supra rears are different than the SC shocks. If you go with the AGX's for the Supra then you will have to use Supra springs (in the rear).
Old 08-30-05, 09:43 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by jeremyp111
KYB makes GR-2's for the SCso they will fit perfectly. The AGX's are only made for the Supra. The front shocks are not the problem. The Supra rears are different than the SC shocks. If you go with the AGX's for the Supra then you will have to use Supra springs (in the rear).
... and that is not recommended. The camber will be screwed up but the worst part is that if you get the Supra TT lowering springs, they will sag because they're not made for the weight of the SC.

Chris
Old 08-30-05, 09:45 AM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

ahhh i see now thanks for clearing that up guys!
Old 08-30-05, 05:49 PM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
... and that is not recommended. The camber will be screwed up but the worst part is that if you get the Supra TT lowering springs, they will sag because they're not made for the weight of the SC.

Chris
I have the supra NA eibach springs on my car. I'm wondering myself if the additional weight of the SC is too much for the supra designed springs. But I remember from another thread the weight of the SC and Supra are only off by a mere 100 lbs tops.

I have a 1.3 drop in front and 1.0 in the rear. I notice my fronts "butterfly" out more then the rear.