Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TT brakes - LR brake line too short?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 03:23 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TT brakes - LR brake line too short?

I purchased my 92 SC400 2 years ago. The calipers, rotors, pads all needed to be replaced so I upgraded to TT brake calipers, OEM rotors, Hawk brake pads with all installation hardware.

After about 10 months I began to get a thumping sound from the drivers rear. The banjo fitting was leaking. I replaced the two o rings on the banjo fitting to the caliper. Leaking stopped. Shortly after the thumping returns and it turns out the caliper was seized and leaking brake fluid. I got a new caliper under warranty. The rotor was slightly warped so I got it machined. Problem solved right?

Wrong. This week my ABS light came on. I took it to a friends shop to bleed the brakes and inspect. The drivers rear caliper was leaking AGAIN at the banjo fitting. We noticed the line is really tight to the caliper and this seems to be the reason for the poor seal. We could not reseal it to drive it so I flatdecked it home to where it sits now.

I have just ordered Goodridge SS lines for the MKIV supra TT. They come with new banjo bolts and new o rings for all 4 corners. I pray to god this solves the problem.

Has anyone else had problems with leaks on the rear TT calipers on an SC?
Old 08-02-06, 03:40 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I installed SS from the get go and haven't had any problems at all...
Old 08-02-06, 08:08 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very glad to hear that thank you.

The Goodridge MKIV TT lines are in the mail from MVP and should be here friday. I can't wait to put them on and hopefully they solves my issues!