Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I got some STANCE coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-06, 05:09 PM
jmlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got some STANCE coilovers

I just got some stance coil overs put in today, here is the website to see what they look like http://www.stancesus.com/applications.php .

They ride pretty good even though I have it at a pretty stiff setting, but it to damn low to give a good review. I'm raising it an inch becuase right now it is so low it seem like every bump I hit the tire hits the fender. I will post pictures of how low it is once I find my camera, and I will put more pictures after I raise it back up.

Last edited by jmlex; 08-04-06 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-04-06, 09:24 PM
lighthalo
Lexus Test Driver

stance. never herd of em, looking forward to a reveiw
Old 08-04-06, 10:03 PM
jmlex
Rookie

It will be awhile becuase while I was taking my heavy box of stock suspension out of the trunk i left the keys in there while the car is locked. So now I have to get keys made.
Old 08-04-06, 10:12 PM
simonsays
Pole Position

what a great way to start things up. hahaha jk.
good luck. and also looking forward to reviews
Old 08-04-06, 11:05 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Looks interesting. Always good to try new things. Keep us updated, and yes, post a review afterwards.

-esk
Old 08-05-06, 08:59 AM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

my friend got a set of stance for his 93 240sx and its pretty stiff at the softest setting. fronts are monotube design. i was told that stance is a new jdm company. never thought that they would make a set for the sc crowd.
Old 08-05-06, 01:35 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Geez that sucks about the trunk thing. You have your interior trunk popped locked I assume... I would think it would be almost easier to take that switch out and replace it with one temporarily so that you can pop the trunk electronically and get your keys out. Then you could replace the switch.

I had to get keys made for my car once and it was like 200 dollars from Lexus. I used the Vin# for the car, and for some reason they key DIDN't work. I guess all the locks had been rekeyed at somepoint in the cars life. Lexus said NO on a refund and told me that upfront.

Good luck and those coilovers look bangin' ! I wanna hear how they ride.
Old 08-07-06, 02:27 PM
jmlex
Rookie

Default I raised them back up

I took my car back to exact motorsports and they raised my car back up for free which is nice. I got the coil overs from Rishie at autornd in milpitas, they have a website too but the coil overs arent for sale yet on there the retail is $1295. Here are some pictures of my car when it was too low it had about negative 1-2 finger gap between the wheel and fender. The coils still had alot more room to be lowered but the ride was just annoying, having to slow down for bumps in the road and still scraping the tires on the fender. When the roads were super flat it was really nice though.

This is how it looked after I got it raised as high as the coils allowed which was still about a 1.5" inch drop.

After I got it raised it was alot more fun to drive. The damper can be adjusted from 1 to 16(1 being the stiffest 16 softest) and I have it at 10 right now. It is much stiffer than stock and the handling feels much better. Switching lanes on the freeway at high speeds feels much tighter and I feel much more in control of the car than on the cushy stock ride. Although when I started talking on the cellphone if the freeway had bumps in it, it was kinda annoying and reminded me why I liked the cushy stock suspension. But performance wise the handling is much better and there is not much body roll when I go into turns. I don't think I will be getting sway bars for a while becuase I am satisfied with the turning n what not. I am very satisfied with these coilovers considering how much I paid for them. I haven't ever had a car on coilovers so my ride so my experience is lacking when comparing these to other setups. I will turn up the damper to the softest setting 16 later and write about how that feels compared to stock.
Old 08-07-06, 02:29 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

So how much did you pay for them? Or am I blind ?
Old 08-07-06, 02:30 PM
jmlex
Rookie

I got a deal becuase no one has got these on their sc yet, I dont think dude would want me to say how much I got them for lol.
Old 08-08-06, 07:02 AM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

those are nice I am really digging the color of the coilovers. Quick question, are the shocks inverted?
Old 08-08-06, 10:37 AM
jmlex
Rookie

No there are no inverted coil overs for the sc
Old 08-08-06, 11:41 AM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When will these be available? Any idea of appox. retail pricing?
Old 08-08-06, 11:42 AM
jmlex
Rookie

These are already available you just have to call autornd up and he can work at a price with you.
Old 08-08-06, 12:08 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Red face

how about some pictures of the coilovers themselves?

Quick Reply: I got some STANCE coilovers