Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein S Tech with KYB GR-2???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-06, 01:07 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tein S Tech with KYB GR-2???

I have 100k miles on my car and had nothing but problems with my front end, replaced bad tilt motor along with the whole column, rack and Pinion due to major play in steering, ended up to be the bad rack joint/shaft, also had tie rods replaced.. Much better now, but still have clunk sounds and cracking sounds, loosened the pre-tentioner, now the cracking sound went away but steering is a bit loose and a bit woubly.. My mech found that I have bad upper control arm bushing, so I am getting Daizen bushings and ball joints, so i have all fresh front end. I have bad strut mount and that is where I am getting a clunk noise and my shock is leaking, so I might as well change the suspension. After bothering, lol, everyone with PM's.. I decided to go the cheaper route with suspension, this would be my first car to change suspension front stock to aftermarket.. I know all off you will tell me Tein CS, and that was my choise at first, but after reading some thread decided to go with Tein S. Tech springs Carson has them for $178 and KYB GR-2 struts, all 4 will be arond $380, cheapest I found, plus I need strut mounts? And I found $60 each to be the cheapest! Anyone has any other places to get the struts and mounts cheaper and is this a good choice with struts, or should I go with other struts!!!
Old 08-14-06, 01:18 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After brutal research and a lot of thinking and comparing and bugging few members on CL made a call to Todd at TM Engineering and he hooked me up with a set of Tein CS, new ball joints, Daizen Bushings, coming in 1 week!

Can't wait to see how this will change a look and feel of my GS..