Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein Warranty Questions/Concerns?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 12:48 AM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tein Warranty Questions/Concerns?

What has been anbodys experience with Tein's warranty policy? I have been out of my SC for about a 1 month and half now since my right rear CS coilover blew a valve at 6,600 miles... I have had 1 set of tein flex's prior to my lex and had no issues at all.. The shop were i bought the coilovers from said that it is still under warranty and that they would take care of it. A month and half later and my shop is still saying that they are waiting from the coilover from japan.??? has anybody ever experienced anything like this with Tein in particular? I have heard of Tein taking a long time to warranty items but not a month and a half..any imput to help my head from pounding would appreciated...
Old 08-24-06, 10:33 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

yeah, with them sending CS's to Japan, you're at their mercy. Tein is a good company, it should be arriving soon.

Think about it, if they ship their items on boat, it takes 3 weeks. Add another to re-build. Then another to send it back. It all depends on their work load and shipping arrangements.
Old 08-24-06, 10:43 AM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Thanks for the imput Couture this is making me want to bag the older CS's for the new Black Bodied ones because supposedly the gold ones which I have are welded top mounts and need to be sent to japan to be dissassembled however the newer CS's can be dissassembled here in the US at Teins CA headquarters... i just dont kno whether or not its worth it to keep up with the CS's or switch coilovers completely this is my daily driver and I have been driving the WS6 with no A/C for a month and in AZ that doesnt cut it deff. need some assurance of quicker turnover if another isssue comes up
Old 08-24-06, 02:02 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BeanTWNSC3
Thanks for the imput Couture this is making me want to bag the older CS's for the new Black Bodied ones because supposedly the gold ones which I have are welded top mounts and need to be sent to japan to be dissassembled however the newer CS's can be dissassembled here in the US at Teins CA headquarters... i just dont kno whether or not its worth it to keep up with the CS's or switch coilovers completely this is my daily driver and I have been driving the WS6 with no A/C for a month and in AZ that doesnt cut it deff. need some assurance of quicker turnover if another isssue comes up
you are certainly correct about the CS's. But once you get them back, they should be fine. It's very RARE that you have to send them out. I would save your money, keep the gold ones, and be done with it. Soon enough you'll be on the road again... Why lose money when both CS's are essentially the same? Just a tad different in design as you mentioned above...

I have the gold ones... and i have no thoughts of changing...